Perhaps you just made your New Years Resolutions. Was one to be more active? A great (and easy) way to be more active is to incorporate running into your fitness!
And – if you are going to run, you might as well run in Disney! And if you're going to runDisney you should run with the Disney Divas! (facebook group here)
runDisney has many great races of people of all ages to enjoy! Here is a peak at all the events you can participate in. (Note: a 5K is 3.1 miles, a half marathon is 13.1 miles and a full marathon is 26.2 miles.)
January 5-8, 2012 – Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend (Walt Disney World)
- Friday, January 6, 2012 - Disney Family Fiesta 5K featuring the Three Caballeros
- Friday, January 6, 2012 and Saturday, January 7, 2012 – Disney Kids’ Races
- Friday, January 6, 2012 – Mickey Mile
- Saturday, January 7, 2012 – Walt Disney World Half Marathon
- Sunday, January 8, 2012 – Walt Disney World Marathon & Marathon Relay
This is Disney’s premier weekend – as it features a 5K, Half Marathon and Full Marathon! (The ONLY runDisney full marathon.) There is a race here for everyone – including the truly Goofy. Yes – this is the weekend where you can run the half marathon on Saturday, followed by the Full marathon on Sunday as part of Goofy’s Challenge!
January 27-29, 2012 – Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend (Disneyland)
- Friday, January 27, 2012 – Never Land Family Fun Run 5K
- Saturday, January 28, 2012 – Disney Kids’ Races
- Sunday, January 29, 2012 – Tinker Bell Half Marathon
This is the newest Disneyland event! Inspired by a little pixie dust, this weekend is for the kids in all of us that never want to grow up.
February 24-26, 2012 – Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend (Walt Disney World)
- Saturday, February 25, 2012 – Disney Royal Family 5K
- Saturday, February 25, 2012 – Disney Royal Family Kids’ Races
- Sunday, February 26, 2012 – Disney’s Princess Half Marathon
There is a princess inside all of us – and these events let us women showcase our inner princess to all! This event is known for tutus and tiaras – and even a few Prince Charmings run as well!
May 5, 2012 – Expedition Everest Challenge (Walt Disney World)
- Saturday, May 5, 2012 – Disney Kids’ Races
- Saturday, May 5, 2012 – Expedition Everest Challenge*
Are you up to the challenge? In this night 5K event, you must overcome obstacles, look for clues, and solve the mystery! But good news – you get to work with a teammate!
August 31-September 2, 2012 – Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend (Disneyland)
- Saturday, September 1, 2012 – Disneyland Family Fun Run 5K
- Saturday, September 1, 2012 – Disney Kids’ Races
- Sunday, September 2, 2012 – Disneyland Half Marathon
Head over to the west coast for these fun events! In the half marathon, not only do you run through Disneyland and California Adventure, you also get to run through the Angels ballpark!
September 28-29, 2012 – The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend (Walt Disney World)
- September 29, 2012 – The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler*
This is a BRAND new event! Taken from the original Tower of Terror 13K, this night event allows you to run through Hollywood Studios while avoiding villains along the way.
November 9-10, 2012 – Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Walt Disney World)
- November 10, 2012 – Wine & Dine Half Marathon*
Do you enjoy the Epcot Food & Wine Festival? Then this event is for you! This night half marathon lets you run through the festival – including a great after party!
So, if you are planning on participating in a runDisney event – there are MANY to choose from! And if 2012 doesn’t work for you – no worries. These races come back every year J
*Denotes night event