By D’land Diva
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a park that is full of magic. There is Hollywood magic in the rides and attractions, as well as the many shows that are unique to this part of Walt Disney World. There are five areas within the park: Sunset Boulevard Area, Hollywood Boulevard Area, Pixar Place Area, Streets of America and Echo Lake Area.
If you only have one day, I would suggest a mixture of rides/attractions and shows that appeal to YOU. There are really too many shows for you take in every single one in just one day (especially when you factor in wait times), but there are certainly some shows that stand out.
This one day itinerary that I am suggesting is full of the rides/attractions and shows that I have enjoyed on my trips to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This is a general itinerary. If you are traveling with small children or elderly folks, you may want to work in more breaks and some downtime. If you are traveling during the December holiday season, you may wish to check out special programming or events.
One Day Itinerary for Disney’s Hollywood Studios
1. Make reservations before your trip for a Fantasmic! dining package. We like to eat at Hollywood & Vine because they have a buffet and a large food selection. You can also eat at Mama Melrose or the Brown Derby. This option will give you reserved seating for Fantasmic!, which in my opinion, is more pleasant than trying to get seats on your own. Also make reservations to eat lunch at either the 50’s Prime Time Cafe or the Sci-Fi Dine-In.
2. Get to the park early if you can. If you get there early, you will have less wait times for rides. If you cannot get to the park early, it is no big deal. D’land Diva hubby and I did just fine getting to the parks an hour or so after opening. You will want to check out a park map and note times for shows. YOUR itinerary will depend on the times for the shows YOU wish to see.
3. Head straight back for Pixar Place Area and to Toy Story Mania. Get a fastpass.
5. Go back to Pixar Place and experience The Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
6. Watch Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream in the Animation Building.
7. Ride Toy Story Mania. If you like Toy Story, get a fastpass for later!
8. Take the Studios Backlot Tour. Walk through Streets of America Set on your way to lunch. Eat lunch at either the 50’s Prime Time Cafe or Sci-Fi Dine-In, close to the Echo Lake Area.
9. Watch the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Show or head on over to the American Idol Experience. Get a fastpass for Star Tours.
10. Watch Muppet*Vision 3D. Look in the Stage One Company Store. You will not be sorry you shopped here, there are many funny, funny things to see!
11. Ride Star Tours. Take in the Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show over by the Streets of America. If you want to watch another kind of show, get a snack and find a seat for the afternoon Pixar Parade in Echo Lake.
13. Walk over to Hollywood Boulevard Area and watch Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage.
14. Dinner time! Eat at Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose’s or the Brown Derby.
15. Enjoy Fantasmic!
16. Ride the Great Movie Ride. This is great way to end a great day!