|Design Credit: Tinyowldesigns.com|
Head to her shop for some GREAT Designs
Are you trying to save money for your upcoming Disney World vacation but don't quite know how to do it? The Budget Diva is going to share with you some great ways to save money that you may not have thought of. There are many 'easy' ways to save money that you can start doing now:
1. Subscribe to your local newspaper for Sunday delivery-the Sunday paper contains many wonderful money saving coupons. Most Sunday only newspaper subscriptions cost only $12 per 8 weeks. The Sunday paper can sometimes contain as much as $300 in coupons!
2. Spend 30 minutes each week cutting coupons from the paper and printing them from various couponing websites that are free such as www.coupons.com. I recommend going to the public library to print your coupons which will save on your own ink expense. I used to think couponing was a big waste of time, until I started doing it myself and realized that I was able to save as much as $50 each week on my family's grocery bill.
3. Pack your lunch! Many people eat out on their lunch breaks at work and this can add up. Same goes for trips to the coffee shop. You could save an average of $50/week ($4 per day for coffee) and ($7 per day for lunch) just by cutting out the spending on coffee trips and eating out.
4. Cancel your magazine subscriptions if you have any. Read books from the library or borrow books from friends. Still want to catch up your daily gossip? Head to free websites such as www.People.com and www.USMagazine.com.
5. Instead of paying for the whole family to go to the movie's in the theater try renting a movie and popping your own popcorn. The average family of 4 spends $75 on just one trip to the movie theater!
6. If you really want to save money and don't mind giving up your cable tv or Internet for a few months prior to your Disney vacation then by all means, go for it! This will help save you hundreds! You can always check email and read Tips From the Disney Diva at the public library :-)
7. Try carpooling with a friend to work or if you live near your work you could ride your bike to work if the weather is nice.
8. Try having one dinner each week that is meatless, such as soup and salad night or breakfast for dinner to switch things up. By eliminating meat from just one meal each week you will save money.
Do you have some more money saving tips you'd like to share with our readers? Leave your tips in the comment section below!