By D’land Diva
Disneyland holds a special place in my heart in many ways, but perhaps no greater way than it is the place where D’land Diva hubby and I went on some of our first dates and became engaged there. It may be strange to think of Disneyland as a romantic place, between kids and the crowds, but in fact it can be a place filled with romance if you know where to look!
Here are my top 5 most romantic spots in Disneyland:
1) Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. Specifically, sitting in one of the small alcoves on the bridge in front of the castle or over to the right side of the castle where the wishing well is. Sitting on the bridge is magical, just staring at the beauty that is the castle and watching as people experience seeing the castle and walking through the castle perhaps for the first time. The wishing well area to the right of the castle is an area that is often overlooked by guests and can be a great spot to steal a kiss and make a wish upon a star. Diva Tip: All coins that go into the wishing well are donated to charity.
2) The Haunted Mansion. This is a great dark ride and a great way to hold hands with your dear one as you visit 999 happy haunts.
3) The Blue Bayou. Without a doubt, this is the most romantic restaurant in the park, with its “candlelight” setting inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The food is rich and delicious. Diva Tip: Ask for a table near the water front. It is worth the wait and can up the romance factor being so close to the water.
4) Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. This is the place D’land Diva Hubby proposed There are benches and small pockets of privacy away from the crowds that make this the perfect place to steal a kiss or share a meaningful conversation. It also has stunning views of the Rivers of America.
5) Watching the Fireworks. There are several places in which to watch the fireworks, including in front of the castle. The lights are dimmed and the fireworks light up the sky making for instant romance. Diva Tip: Our favorite romantic spot for catching the fireworks is up by It’s A Small World. We have been known to set a blanket down and picnic with dessert right in front of the attraction.
Have a wonderful time with YOUR special someone!