By Darlin’ Diva
Disney Cruise Line’s Castaway Club– Exclusive? Elite? Selective? Grueling initiation process? Nahhhhh….just take a cruise with Disney Cruise Line and you are IN!
It’s free! It’s automatic! It’s full of fabulous member benefits that make cruising with Disney even more fun. Think of it as a rewards program much like the ones at your favorite stores, but better because it involves vacations instead of groceries.
Here’s the deal: Take ONE Disney cruise of any length to any destination and you immediately become a Castaway Club member. Your membership card will magically arrive in the mail after you get home. Castaway Club membership is tiered based on the number of cruises taken, so the more you cruise, the more perks there are for you to enjoy.
Let’s take a look at the different Castaway Club membership levels and what you can expect from each.
Silver Level: This level is for Castaway Club members who have sailed on 1-5 cruises. The benefits include:
- Access to a members-only website and toll-free number for future cruise booking plus member-exclusive email updates
- Early booking (90 days before sailing) for things like adults-only dining at Palo, spa treatments, Flounder’s Reef Nursery, and Disney shore excursions
- On your next cruise you’ll enjoy a special members-only line for cruise boarding and a “Welcome Back” stateroom gift
- While you’re sailing, you can also take advantage of special savings on future cruises at the on board booking desk
Gold Level: For club members who have sailed 6-10 times. Gold Level status kicks in immediately after the 5th cruise, so as soon as that sixth trip is booked, you can start reaping the rewards. This level includes the same benefits of the Silver Level PLUS:
- Early booking for dining, spa, nursery, and excursions moves out to 105 days before sailing
- Cruises include an invitation to a Castaway Club reception with the ship’s crew
- The opportunity to take advantage of early booking on Disney Cruise Line’s newest itineraries
- Special shopping opportunities while cruising
Platinum Level: Kicks in after the 10th cruise with all the benefits of Silver and Gold PLUS:
- Early booking for dining, spa, nursery, and excursions moves out to 120 days before sailing
- Includes a complimentary adults-only dining experience per cruise
- Concierge priority boarding check-in at the cruise terminal
- Special surprises while sailing, just for Platinum members
For all cruisers: Booking future cruises while sailing is easy with dedicated cast members at the Future Cruise Sales Desk (located on Deck 4, Mid-ship). Recently, the perks of re-booking while on board included a 10% discount off prevailing cruise rates, a stateroom credit of up to $200 and a reduced down payment requirement of just 10% of the future cruise fare. (These offers are were available for stateroom categories 4-11 and some other restrictions applied.)
The stateroom gifts on this summer’s Mediterranean cruises on the Disney Magic were a bright blue day-bag and some Castaway Club lanyards. The backpack-style bag was great for carrying water, camera, and sunscreen while touring and the lanyards were perfect for keeping ID and Key to the World Cards handy. Once you’re a member, your Castaway Club membership number and level appear on your Key to the World Card (card issued pre-boarding at the cruise terminal, used for room access, on-board charging privileges, and is scanned as you come and go from the ship in each port).
Disney Cruise Line’s Castaway Club is a great example of that little-something-extra Disney does so well. Happy Sailing!
Until next time….Darlin’ Diva
Darlin’ Diva’s kids found their Castaway Club lanyards very handy!
Darlin’ Diva made good use of her Castaway Club backpack while shopping in Italy.