by Fairy Diva
On my family’s most recent trips, we have purposefully planned new things to try each visit. It is easy to find things you love at Walt Disney World, and often, we stick to our tried-and-true favorites. As much fun as this is, I have always wanted to stay at all of the resorts offered by Disney. This past September, we happened to find rooms at Disney’s Boardwalk Villas for the weekend we decided to travel. If I am completely honest with you, the Boardwalk has never been on the top of my Disney resort list. Though I am not sure why, there are just so many other places I wanted to try first. I even considered going back to one of our favorites instead of trying Disney’s Boardwalk. However, this particular trip, it just worked out best to stay at Disney’s Boardwalk Villas.
As with every trip I take to Walt Disney World, I did my research. No matter how many times you travel to Disney, there are always new things to try and explore. And the more I read about Disney’s Boardwalk, the more excited I got about our stay. And once we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at just how much this resort has to offer. In fact, you do not even have to be staying at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn or Villas to enjoy the fun atmosphere. The long, spacious areas offer something for visitors of every age. Here are 5 reasons everyone should consider a visit to Disney’s Boardwalk!
1. The Rooms! Yes, I know I just stated that you didn’t have to stay at Disney’s Boardwalk to enjoy it, but the close proximity of the rooms allows you easy access to all that the Boardwalk has to offer. We stayed in a Deluxe Studio Villa. Our room was very spacious, with nice décor and a balcony area overlooking the pool. Beds were comfy and the resort was fairly easy to navigate, with plentiful signs. The room was not overly Disney-themed, which honestly, I kind of missed, but was very nice.
2. The Proximity to Other Destinations! From Disney’s Boardwalk, you are just a boat ride or short walk to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This means that if you are not staying at this resort, you can take a break from your day at Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and take a boat over to enjoy all the Boardwalk has to offer. From Epcot, you catch the boats at the International Gateway, and at Hollywood Studios, before the entrance to the park. In addition to getting to these two parks, Disney’s Boardwalk is just a boat ride from Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, as well as the Swan and Dolphin.
3. The Entertainment! Sticking to its turn-of-the-century Atlantic City charm, there are many ways to find yourself entertained along Disney’s Boardwalk. Jellyrolls offers live music, dueling pianos and audience sing alongs for guests over 21. The ESPN Club is the perfect spot for sports fans, featuring nearly 100 screens for viewings of the latest games in a stadium-themed atmosphere. I have even heard that there are TVs over every stall in the bathroom (though I did not check this out for myself)!
In addition to Jellyrolls and the ESPN Club, it is quite common to find live entertainers, from jugglers to magicians, performing along the Boardwalk. Most commonly, these performers are out and about from 6:30-10:30 p.m. on Thursdays through Saturday.
Midway Games are located along Disney’s Boardwalk, offering guests a variety of games with chances to win stuffed animals and various other prizes. An arcade offers many classic games, and surrey bikes are available to rent for a nice ride along the Boardwalk.
4. The Food! Whether you are looking for a quick meal, a snack, a drink or a nicer meal, Disney’s Boardwalk offers it all! Enjoy tasty treats like funnel cakes and hot dogs from carts along the Boardwalk, or grab a slice of pizza from the Pizza Window. Ample Hills Creamery offers some of the best ice cream I have ever tasted in a variety of flavors, and the Boardwalk Bakery has a delicious array of sweet treats. Table service meals are offered at Big River Grille & Brewing Works, the ESPN Club, Flying Fish and Trattoria al Forno. For a magical spin on drinks, you can visit the AbracadaBar or grab a margarita at Boardwalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas.
5. The Atmosphere! I am always amazed at the various atmospheres Walt Disney World manages to create to perfection throughout the parks and resorts. A stroll along Disney’s Boardwalk definitely gives you special feels, like a stroll back in time. Surrounded by excitement and fun, the Boardwalk seems to be a million miles from Walt Disney World, but is really just mere steps from the magic of the parks. By day, it is an exuberant outing, and by night, it twinkles and flashes with dazzling lights and an entertaining atmosphere!
Whether you choose to stay at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn or Villas or not, you should definitely check it out on your next visit. With so much to do, Disney’s Boardwalk will not disappoint. And it just may have moved near the top of my list of places to see and stay at Walt Disney World.
Ready to plan your next visit to Walt Disney World? Contact Patricia at All for Dreams Travel today!