by Military Diva
Complimentary Admission for Active Duty and family! Do I have your attention?
Good! You need to be focused to take in all the following information.
We have previously covered the Armed Forces Salute offer for Disney Parks/Disney Cruise Lines. We have also discussed the military discounts offered by Universal Parks. Now let’s take a look at another fantastic offer for our Military members-Waves of Honor from the Sea World Parks & Entertainment Company. Yes, it is free admission for Active Military!
Sea World Parks & Entertainment Company is a lot more than Shamu and dolphins. On it’s own, the Sea World Park is a full day of education, shows and a few rides. However, the Sea World Parks expand far beyond the sea. The company consists of a total of six parks: Sea World Orlando, Sea World San Antonio, Sea World San Diego, Busch Gardens Tampa, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Sesame Place Langhorne.
- Sea World Orlando– located 10 miles SW of the city of Orlando, Sea World Orlando will fully immerse guests in conservation and education. Through animal encounters and entertaining shows guests learn about penguins, manatees, dolphins, Orcas and many other sea creatures. But the fun intensifies with the park’s 9 rides. Among the best, Kraken, Mako and Manta are coasters built to compete with other local thrills.
- Sea World San Antonio– located about 16 miles west of the city of San Antonio, TX, Sea World San Antonio also offers animal encounter programs and shows. The focus here is on dolphins, beluga whales, penguins, Orcas and more. 6 rides can also be found here, including three coasters- Wave Breaker, Great White Roller Coaster, and Steel Eel.
- Sea World San Diego– located about 7 miles north west of the city of San Diego, Sea World San Diego will also amaze with their animal offerings. Whales, dolphins, belugas, sea lions and of course Orcas highlight this parks inhabitants. But the park’s 11 rides are sure to impress also.
- Busch Gardens Tampa– located 9 miles north east of the city of Tampa, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay takes conservation in a much different direction. This is a complete theme park with a focus on land based animals such as cheetahs, elephants and gorillas. Thrill rides, family rides, water adventures and a safari ensure a full day of fun.
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg– located 5 miles south east of Williamsburg, VA, Busch Gardens Williamsburg aims to preserve history while entertaining its guests. Family rides, an impressive amount of thrill rides and a collection of some of the best roller coasters make this park worth the trip.
- Sesame Place Langhorne– located about 26 miles north east of Philadelphia, PA, Sesame Place Langhorne is the perfect place for youngsters. You will be impressed by the rides designed for families, water rides and play areas, shows and parades.
Now onto the Discounts!!
Oh right, that’s what we’re here for… details on the Waves of Honor Military Discount!
Eligibility– Active duty service members and Reservists/National Guard members are eligible for Waves of Honor tickets.
Offer– One complimentary ticket to one park per year for Active Duty member and up to 3 complimentary tickets for direct dependents/family members. (Tickets must be used by dependents. Eligibility does not transfer to extended family or friends.)
Verification– Active duty status is verified by ID.me, a safe and secure verification service used prior to ordering tickets. (ID.me matches military members, dependents, retirees and veterans to federal records. Accredited by USAA and the VA, consider this an online military id.)
- Head to www.wavesofhonor.com for access to the Sea World Parks military site
- Click on the park you are interested in visiting
- Click on “Log in with ID.me” and enter Troop ID if already registered. (Click “sign up” if your status has not been verified or you do not have a Troop ID. Your identity will be matched with USAA membership, military records, or .mil email accounts. You can also upload upload approved military documents or request a copy of DD214. )
- Once verified you will be redirected to the current offers for the park you previously chose.
- Choose one ticket for military member and up to three dependent tickets, add to cart and continue
- You will be offered the chance to purchase park extras such as “quick queue”, dining packages, photo services and tours
- Review cart and check-out!
You will receive an email containing your tickets. You may print the tickets or use the link from your smartphone to obtain admission.
- Obtain a military ID for any member of your family over the age of 10. Sea World/Busch Gardens parks are very strict on the active/dependent only use of Waves of Honor tickets. We have had to show id for our family every time we used these tickets.
- If possible, be sure your children know their full name and birth date prior to travel- Our children have been asked to step aside and verify this information, even our three year old!!
- If you need more than four tickets for you and direct dependents (families with more than two children), you can purchase discounted tickets at your local base. Waves of Honor and discounted tickets cannot be purchased at the parks.
- It never hurts to contact the park prior to travel if you are a larger family. Being a family of six, the Waves of Honor discount does not cover all of us. We contact the park ahead of time to inquire about discount options for our two “extras”. Management has generously offered two extra complimentary tickets or discounted tickets beyond what our base offers each time we have visited. This is not official Sea World policy and is not guaranteed, but it doesn’t hurt to ask!
- Be sure to send a note of thanks to the park for their generous offer. You can also leave a thank you on their social media page (be sure to protect yourself and your family by keeping this vague- “Thank you for honoring our service members with your generous discounts”. I do not suggest offering military status or hint that you have personally used the discount while on public social sites.)
So there you have it- another generous offer honoring our brave military members and their families. Thank you to the Sea World Parks and Entertainment Company for helping our military families make the most of their time together!