by Military Diva
Hey Dopey, Goofy, Coast-to-Coast and all other runDisney fans! Universal Studios Hollywood is joining the 5K RACE!
On Saturday May 11, 2019, registered runners will have the chance to “rush through the Front Gate and Upper Lot of the Theme Park. Before long, you’ll find yourself at the Universal Backlot where you’ll run past some of the most iconic film sets in Hollywood. Finally, race to a picture-perfect finish at the 5 Towers on Universal CityWalk™ where a spectacular party will be waiting with live music, food and post-race swag to commemorate our inaugural event.”
Interested runners and supporters have the opportunity to register via one of four packages. Sign ups available, based on availability
Standard Package, $75– includes Minion 5K medal, 5K bib with chip timer, t-shirt, pin, post-race drinks, custom digital finisher certificate, complimentary general parking and discounted post-race park tickets with early admission.
VIP Package, $135– includes standard registration items plus VIP check-in, complimentary valet parking, post-race VIP breakfast, reusable “Running Universal” water bottle, individual meet and greet with Illumination’s Minions.
Fan Package, $45– includes Minion cap, Minion drawstring bag, guaranteed access to the Fan area at the finish line and complimentary finish line drinks.
Pass Members and USH/NBCU Team Members– may register for standard and VIP packages at a discounted rate.
- All guests must be 5 years or older on race day.
- Registration fees and purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Bibs may not be sold, transferred or traded.
- Participants must pick up their own bibs.
- Strollers, joggers, baby carriers, wheeled vehicles (scooters, skateboards, bicycles, etc) and walking aides (walkers, canes, etc) and animals are prohibited on the course.
- All runners must maintain a 17 min/mile pace in order to remain on the course.
Start a new race tradition with Universal Hollywood’s Inaugural 5K run event. Photo courtesy of Pixabay
Participants may begin packet/bib pick up on Thursday, May 9, 2019 at E.T. Parking Garage. Each participant must be present with a valid photo id. Parents/legal guardians must fill out a race waiver for their minor child and pick up the packet on their behalf.
The race corrals will open at 5:00 am Saturday May 11, 2019. Runners will gather at Universal Hollywood Studios main gate. The 5K will begin at 6:00 am followed by breakfast at 7:30 am on Universal City Walk.
ADDITIONAL REMINDERS AND GUIDELINES
- Costumes are welcome, but must be family friendly and adhere to certain standards.
- No weapons or props resembling weapons allowed.
- Selfie sticks are prohibited on the course and in spectator areas.
- No strollers, wheeled devices, walking aides or animals allowed.
- Headphones are not recommended, as they prevent you from hearing safety announcements.
- Children under the age of 5 and non-registered individuals are not allowed in any runner area. This includes the corrals, course and other runner-specific areas.
- Flags and flagpoles are prohibited on the course.
- There will be no bag check on race day. Runners are encouraged to leave unnecessary items behind or utilize Universal Hollywood Studios lockers, locate on City Walk.
Universal Hollywood Studio’s Inaugural 5K will present awards for the following categories-
- Top 3 Male Finishers
- Top 3 Female Finishers
- Top Male Wheelchair Finisher (push rim)
- Top Female Wheelchair Finisher (push rim)
- Top Male/Female in their age categories (10 and under, 11-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
All awards will be mailed within 4-6 weeks after the event.
Are you ready to start planning your run vacation, but you aren’t sure where to start? Contact our recommended travel agency, All Dreams for Travel, and let them work out all the details for you. Click here to request a quote!
***Disclaimer – We at Tips from the Disney Divas and Devos hope you enjoy reading our articles, and encourage you to share any you feel may be of interest to someone else. We do ask, however, if you choose to share the photographs attached to our articles, you give credit to the photographer. Thank you for your cooperation and sharing our love of Disney!