by MIlitary Diva
Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year and Blessings to anyone I may have missed. I hope you are all covered in the peace and happiness that the month of December brings.
I’d like to also take a moment to thank you for your continued support over this past year. There have been many changes with our writers and across our favorite travel destinations. We appreciate all of our readers and enjoy the comments we receive from you. In return, we hope you find our information useful, organized and helpful in planning your next Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and/or Adventures by Disney Vacation!
Now, please join us looking over our December 2018 Disney News & Updates!
Disney Travel News & Updates, Highlights from December 2018!
Walt Disney World Updates
- New Ticket Option arriving in 2019! Walt Disney World 4-Day Magic Park tickets will be available for purchase starting January 18, 2019. These tickets grant travelers one day in each of Disney World’s four parks-Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Magic Park ticket holders can only visit each park once.
- 4 Park Magic Value: January 18-March 1; $340 per adult/$320 per child
- 4 Park Magic Select: Includes value dates plus March 2-March 14, March 27-April 9, April 27-May 27, August 19-September 30: $356 per adult/ $336 per child
- 4 Park Magic Summer: Includes value and select dates plus May 28-August 18: $380 per adult/ $360 per child
- New Character Dining! Celebrate your special occasion, create new memories or just enhance your dining with a visit from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Storybook Dining is now open for lunch and dinner at Artist Point (inside Disney’s Wilderness Lodge). Prices vary by season and by meal. The Disney Dining plan is also accepted, using (1) Table Service credit per guest. Reservations are recommended and can be made through a “myDisneyexperience” account or by calling (407) 939-3463.
- runDisney 2019-2020 dates have been announced! Get those shoes fitted, download your training plan and don’t forget to register for your favorite runDisney event! Visit “myDisneyexperience” to register for your next race!
- Disneyland Paris Run Weekend: September 19-22, 2019; packages available now
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend: October 31-November 3, 2019; registration opens March 19, 2019
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 8-12, 2020; registration opens April 16, 2019
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 20-23, 2020; registration opens June 4, 2019
- Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon: January 3-March 31, 2020 (complete at home); registration opens July 16, 2019
- Star Wars Rival Run Weekend: April 16-19, 2020; registration opens July 16, 2019
- Disney Jr! Dance Party opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Sit back and relax as you watch your young ones sing and dance with their favorite Disney Jr! characters. Join Vampirina, Doc McStuffins,The Lion Guard and Mickey and the Roadster Racers in Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ Animation Courtyard. Guests can access this attraction via Fast Pass or stand by lines.
- International Garden and Flower Festival will begin in Epcot on March 6, 2019. It was also announced that the Garden Rocks Concert Series will run 7 days a week-over 90 days of nature’s beauty, 270 concerts and exciting food offerings make Epcot the must see destination this time of year. Concert tickets are included with regular park admission, on a first come-first serve basis. Guaranteed seating is available when adding a Garden Rocks Dining Package to your vacation. Artist details and concert dates can be found here!
- Lunar New Year celebrations return! From January 25-February 17 guests of Disney California Adventure can ring in the New Year, Asian style, celebrating the Year of the Pig.
- The Art of Mary Poppins Returns exhibit, featuring original items from the movie, is on display for a limited time at Disneyland Resort. Guests can view costumes, props, video clips and more inside the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln theater.
- Disney California Adventure Food & WIne Festival is delighting guests again this year. Eat, celebrate, participate in cooking demonstrations and be entertained from March 1-April 31, 2019. The popular Sip & Savor pass will also be available.
- Napolini in the Downtown Disney District reopened! Build your own pizza or take a chance with one of six signature pizzas at this newly renovated venue.
- Disneyland’s Tropical HIdeaway now open! This new addition to Adventureland offers food, market items and light entertainment. The highlight though is the Whip Bar, offering traditional and new Dole Whip flavors!
Disney Cruise Line Updates
- Half price deposits for a limited time. Book your cruise between now and February 15, 2019 and pay half the normal deposit on booking day.
- Eligible on 4-night or longer cruises booked by February 15 for sailings June 22, 2019 to May 30, 2020.
- Half off promotion is for lower deposit only, not a discounted fare. Full balance is due by final payment deadline.
- Captain Marvel to join in Marvel Day at Sea! Celebrate the superhero in your family on select 5-night Disney Magic cruises. Captain Marvel will join forces with other characters on 10 Caribbean and Bahamian sailings out of Miami between January 6 and March 8, 2019. Book now-these cabins will go quick!
- New Pricing for 2019 Disney Cruise Ground Transfers. As of December 14, 2018 prices have changed for ground transfers when used for sailings out of Port Canaveral, Civitavecchia, Italy and Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Port Canaveral-transfers increasing from $35 to $39 per guest over 3 years of age
- Civitavecchia-transfers decreasing from $70 to $55 per guest over 3 years of age
- Copenhagen-most transfers decreasing from $40 to $35 per guest over 3 years of age; transfers between port and resort decreasing from $40 to $20 per guest over 3 years of age
Closer to home, I need to take a second to congratulate my hometown, Ohio State Buckeyes on their Rose Bowl selection. The team held their first pregame meeting with the Washington Huskies at Disney California Adventure earlier this week. Before digging into game preparations, team representatives and their head coaches met with the Disneyland Resort President and the Tournament of Roses Parade President for a short ceremony and photo. After, they were treated to a thrilling ride on the all new Incredicoaster at Pixar Pier. Great job Buckeyes, now get back to work…OH-IO!
As much as I hate to say it, that’s a wrap on 2018! We at Tips from the Disney Diva hope you have a safe New Year’s Eve and a wonderful start to 2019. Enjoy your friends and family, be kind to those in your path and focus on making memories over making plans!
Let All for Dreams Travel conquer your 2019 travel plans, allowing you to enjoy the memories instead of the planning stress. Click here for a free quote! Bookings made with All for Dreams Travel receive complimentary services such as resort and package booking, ADR and Fast Pass scheduling, Disney or private ground transfer arrangements as well as all their tips and expertise.
Blessings to all of you in 2019!