by Military Diva
Weather here in the Midwest has been brutal this February. Our family has definitely spent many cold, snowy days dreaming of our next warm weather vacation. Thankfully the Disney Travel Company has kept our imaginations busy with their constant news and updates. Read on below for tips and updates that may enhance your next vacation!
Disney Travel News & Updates…Highlights from February 2019!
Walt Disney World Updates
- Disney Family of Wines travel package available for May 17-19, 2019. Guests will receive a 2-night/3 day stay at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (Main tower, Lake view), an opening reception, 4 wine and culinary workshops, lunches, dinners and a closing reception. Guests must be at least 21 to participate. Packages begin at $2950 per guest.
- Skyliner test run-Disney World’s all new skyliner gondolas, running between Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort made its first test run this month! The new transportation system, expected to begin public operations later this fall, will move guests between Hollywood Studios, Epcot and several resorts-Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Riviera Resort (an all new DVC property)
- “UP” fans now have the chance to see Kevin in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It seems as if everything is going vertical this year! Towers, transportation and even new characters are raising our eyes to the sky! Visit Discovery Island at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park for your chance to meet Kevin from Disney-Pixar’s Up movie.
- The Art Corner now open at Disney Springs! Looking for a fun, out of park experience? Head to The Art Corner at Disney Springs where you can try your hand at Suminigashi (an ancient marbeling technique), create your own unique scarf, purchase a piece of artwork or create your own digital caricature.
- ESPN WWoS hosting the Atlanta Braves Spring Training for the last time. The Atlanta Braves began their final Spring Break training at ESPN WWoS on February 15, 2019. Training and games will run through March 23, 2019. It has been announced that beginning in 2020, spring training will move to Sarasota County in Florida. Remember that Magic Your Way packages include (4) admissions to ESPN’s WWoS; game tickets require an additional purchase. You can buy your game tickets at Ticketmaster, www.braves.com/springtraining or take your chance at ESPN’s box office on gameday.
- New character experiences now available in Epcot! Walt Disney World guests now have the opportunity to meet Vanellope and Wreck it Ralph in Epcot’s Imagination Pavilion. Additionally, Mariachi Cobre will be retelling the story of Pixar’s “Coco” at the Mexico Pavilion.
- Epcot to receive a facelift and new play area in 2019! New entrance enhancements will update the park while honoring the original look of the park. As part of the park upgrade, the old Wonders of Life pavilion will be reimagined into a new, innovative kids play area. It’s about time Epcot gets some love!!
- Prepare for Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival with the newly announced Foodie Guide. Guests visiting Epcot between March 6 and June 3, 2019 will have the added benefit of experiencing Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival. More importantly, they have the chance to enjoy the amazing food options offered during this festival. Amazing flavors, expertly paired offerings and allergy friendly foods highlight this year’s celebration.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort to receive a new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique location. Starting this summer, guests can reserve their Bibbidi Bobbidi makeovers in a brand new location. Joining with BBB in Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs, this location will be found inside the current Ivy Trellis Salon (ITS will move to Senses-A Disney Spa).
- Disney California Adventure to celebrate “The Lion King” this summer. Stories, songs, dancing, crafts and activities will all be part of this summer’s Lion King celebration at DCA. These limited lime celebrations honor the original Lion King movie, which celebrates its 15th anniversary this summer. They are also being used to build excitement for the new live, action “The Lion King” movie, set to release July 19, 2019.
- Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble dates announced. Guests can purchase tickets for this special after hours event beginning on Feb. 19 for passholders and Feb. 21 for the general public. The parties will occur on April 30 and May 1 and include entertainment, a dance party, Marvel character meet ups, a scavenger hunt, themed foods, photo opportunities and digital downloads of your photos. Get your super costumes ready and join in the fun!
- Captain Marvel makes her way to Disney California Adventure Park! Beginning in March, Captain Marvel and her excorts will make their way through the park, readying for their next mission! Don’t miss your chance to see her up close during this limited time event.
- Downtown Disney to host “Pop Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration”. Join in the festivities as Disney honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse! Guests purchasing these special event tickets will be treated to an experience that is all about Mickey-themed rooms, photo ops and fun surprises.
Disney Cruise Line Updates
- Mickey’s Sail-a-Wave Party makes debut on the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic. Who wouldn’t want to start their vacation with a countdown, energy-filled dance party, character show “wave-off”? That is exactly how guests of the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic will now start their Disney Cruise Line vacation. Don’t forget to pack your Mickey Mitts!
- Changes to Disney Cruise Line Pre-Arrival Communications-Disney Cruise Line will now communicate with guests in a series of 8 emails prior to their cruise. These communications will be personalized to the ages of guests and emailed directly to the lead guest. The series will guide guests through the planning process and highlight activities available during their cruise. Watch for your own personalized emails to be sure you are sail ready for your next Disney Cruise!
- 2019 Marks the 15th Anniversary of Disney’s Travel Agency Earmarked Program. The Disney Travel Company offers Earmarked Status to Travel Agencies that meet top sales and training goals. This year marks the 15th Anniversary of this program of recognition. Be sure to ask about an agency’s Earmarked status when booking your own trip. (*Remember, an individual Travel Agent cannot be Earmarked or noted as an Authorized Disney Travel Planner-the designations are reserved for the agency only.)
- Changes to Mobile Ordering at Disney World and Disneyland-Do you enjoy mobile ordering when visiting Disneyland? Well the experience has now becoma a little bit easier. When logging into the Disneyland app or Disney World’s “myDisneyexperience” app (coming soon) guests will see enhancements making it easier to navigate this time saving ordering process.
The Disney Travel Company continues to make strides to enhance their guest experiences. Efficient transportation options, digital upgrades and special celebrations are just the beginning! Keep watching here for newsworthy updates that may impact your vacation!
And as always, consider booking your next trip with All for Dreams Travel with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Travel Planner. Their services are FREE to the client and include property expertise, booking services, ADR and Fast Pass scheduling as well as personalized tips and park itineraries. Click here to request your No Obligation Quote!