By:Main Street Diva
Walt Disney World is a place where people of all ages can go to have a great time with friends and family. It is where all of your dreams can come true with just a bit of faith, trust and pixie dust. Here are 5 magical moment tips when exploring the happiest place on earth!
- Take a Break- There is so much to do in Magic Kingdom. If you are anything like me, you want to see as much as you can in one day. However staying in the park from opening to closing can be a bit tiring. Some people leave the park to go back to their hotel to take a break, which is a great idea if you are traveling with little ones, but some people just want to relax from the hustle and bustle for a few minutes and go back on their way. There is a not-so-secret spot on Main Street where you can sit and relax. When you walk down Main Street going towards the Castle make a right turn down the first street past the Main Street Cinema. There you will find tables and seats available in this small cafe area. Also if you are really quiet you can hear singing, piano and tap lessons being given in the apartment above! The student is still getting the hang of playing piano so if you hear her play the wrong note don’t be alarmed.
- Voices of Liberty- The America pavilion in Epcot represents freedom, justice and the home of the brave. It is also the home to the Voices of Liberty, Epcot’s very own ten-voice a cappella group. Make sure you get to the show 15 minutes early in order to catch them and don’t forget to sit under the dome to get the full effect.
- Muppet*Vision 3-D –If you like hunting for hidden mickeys then you are going to love this next tip. MuppetVision 3-D is not just a “salute to all nations but mostly America” as Sam Eagle would say, it is a hilarious 20 minute comedy show featuring all of our favorite Muppet friends including the sassy Miss Piggy, the joke telling Fozzy Bear, and everyone’s favorite frog, Kermit. There are a couple things in the Muppet building that are not in the show and are just waiting for you to find. One of the items is a key under the mat. When entering the building look to your right; there is a sign that says “Be back in 5 minutes, key is under the mat.” Look down, and under that mat there is a key! Also when going into the pre-show area look around the ceiling for a hanging net full of jello. That is a tribute to one of the first Mickey mouse club members, Annette Funicello. Have fun searching!
- Festival of the Lion King- This next tip is about a place where animals roam and bugs crawl: Animal Kingdom. One of the must-do’s when visiting this park is seeing the Festival of the Lion King show. In this 35 minute show, you are invited to jump along with the monkeys and sing with Timon and Pumbaa as you enjoy some of your favorite songs from The Lion King.
- Enjoy the Little Things- Our last tip is small but important for enjoying everything that Walt Disney World has to offer. When going through each of the parks don’t forget to take some time to enjoy everything that is happening around you. Stop in and get a sprinkle of pixie dust at Harmony Barber Shop in Magic Kingdom and while you are there listen for the Dapper Dans; they might be singing “Jolly Holiday” as they tap dance on Main Street USA. Take the time in Epcot to stop and watch Sergio in the Italy pavilion try to balance as many soccer balls as he can on his head. You might even be chosen to help him with his daring stunt! Dance along in Animal Kingdom with the dancers in India and watch out for the citizens of Hollywoodland in Hollywood Studios, they are dying to interact with you!
After my Disney experience, I realize that there is so much to do, so little time to do it. So, I suppose my wish-upon-a-star is the return to the places where dreams do come true.