by MIlitary Diva
If you haven’t heard yet, Disney’s Military Discounts for 2020 have been announced! This steep discount allows Military families, who endure numerous obstacles in their daily lives, a chance to enjoy all that Disney World, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line has to offer.
The Disney Travel Company officially announced the 2020 Military Discounts on September 26, 2019!
Current Active, Reserve and National Guard servicemembers are eligible for discounted rooms, tickets and cruise fares with Disney properties. In addition, fully retired military members (served 20 years) and 100% service disabled veterans are also eligible. In today’s article, I would like to take a few moments to discuss the various ways Disney’s Armed Forces Salute tickets can be purchased.
In the past, Military members could purchase Disney Armed Forces Salute vouchers in-person or through phone orders from their local base. If they were unable to purchase this way, they had to wait until they arrived at Disney World/Disneyland and purchase at the front gate. There were two inconveniences that came with these voucher purchases…
- The guests receiving vouchers had to activate the tickets at a Disney Guest Service window prior to entering the park. Long lines often hindered their entry, sucking up valuable park time.
- Guests that had to purchase tickets at the park lost out on the ability to book Fast Passes in advance.
Fortunately, Shades of Green on Walt Disney World (a DoD/MWR owned resort set aside for Military Families), has created a processes wherein Military Families can purchase Disney World park tickets, Disney World party tickets, Universal Orlando, Sea World and other tickets through an easy email/phone process. For a $12 shipping fee guests can receive their tickets, including ACTIVATED Armed Forces Salute tickets, in the mail prior to travel. What is the benefit of using this service?
- Guests have the ability to make Fast Pass selections 60 days prior to travel (if staying onsite); 30 days prior to travel if staying offsite.
- Upon arrival, guests can proceed directly to park ticket gates, using their hard tickets or Magic Bands for entry-no standing in line to activate vouchers!!
Follow along below for step-by-step instructions for ordering your own Disney World Armed Forces tickets.
Ordering Disney World Military Discounted Tickets in Advance from Shades of Green
Also applies to Disney World party tickets, Universal Orlando, Sea World and any other offered tickets
- Navigate to the Shades of Green ticket page. (https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/tours) to view ticket availabillity, eligibility and additional purchase instructions.
- Email Shades of Green, informing them that you would like to order tickets. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A ticket agent will respond within 72 hours. You will receive several attachments including an order form and ticket price lists.
- Look over pricing, complete order form and email back to Shades of Green.
- Order form requires DoD information and credit card expiration, security code and last four numbers of your card only.
- Once received SoG will email a response, letting you know your ID has been verified and you will be contacted via phone to complete your purchase.
- When you receive your phone call, be prepared to provide the rest of your credit card numbers, verify shipping information and offer further instructions. Your card will be charged for ticket cost plus $10 S&H.
- Tickets will be shipped via FedEx.
- You will receive FedEx tracking email, reminding you that a signature will be required for tickets.
- Activated tickets (not vouchers) are delivered.
- Link tickets in mDe, just like any other park ticket!
Notes and Reminders
- Travel Agents cannot order tickets for the Military Member due to DoD privacy needs when providing eligibility details.
- Only Active/Guard/Reserve Military Members, Fully Retired (20 years served), 100% Service Disabled and their spouses are eligible to make Disney World Armed Forces Salute room and ticket purchases.
- Busch Gardens Parks offer 4 free tickets yearly; Universal has room/ticket discounts; Cedar Fair parks offer yearly discounts. These tickets and others can be found on the Shades of Green site…https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/tours
As a military family, we have enjoyed the Disney World discounts every year they have been offered, since 2003. And as a Travel Agent, working closely with many Military Families, I have many tips to help you enjoy your best vacation! Feel free to post questions to our site, message me privately at email@example.com or click HERE to request my assistance planning your next Family Vacation. My services are paid by the supplier (Disney), free to the traveler and backed by Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.