The Disneyland Legacy Passholder Facebook and Twitter accounts announced earlier this month that starting May 20th, 2021 (for a limited time) the Alfresco Tasting Terrace will reopen just for Legacy Passholders. The Alfresco Tasting Terrace is located inside Disney California Adventure Park on the 2nd floor within the Wine Country Trattoria complex adjacent to Blue Sky Cellar. In January of 2020, Disneyland began offering this wine bar exclusively to Annual Passholders. It was first-come/first-served, and Passholders often waited hours to enter. Alfresco Tasting Terrace has been closed since March 2020, so it is now going to reopen once again for Passholders only.
This location on the 2nd level (elevator available) is aimed towards Cars Land, and offers picturesque views in addition to their appetizer and drink menu. I was able to enjoy this location in early March 2020. Reservations were not accepted at that time, so we went during the week during mid-day and were able to be seated right away. We enjoyed being able to take time off our feet, relax and chat, and have a refresher. I highly recommend this location!
New for 2021, you will be able to make reservations through the Disneyland website or app. In order to enter with a reservation, you will need to show your valid Legacy Pass on the Disneyland App and your ID. You and up to five guests (6 total people) can dine on small bites and drinks. Keep in mind, upon your arrival, all members of your party must be present before seating, and hosts must bring your entire party to the table at one time. Your Legacy Passholder discounts will be available for food and non-alcoholic beverages but are not be applied to alcoholic beverages.
The cocktail menu is one of the main reasons to take the time to visit this location. Their 2021 menu is very similar to the 2020 version, with a few changes.
- The Stinger – Pineapple-Jalapeño Tequila, Orange Liqueur and House-made Orange-Habañero Simple Syrup, $15.00
- Specialty Manhattan – Bourbon, Pinot Noir and House-made Simple Syrup, garnished with a Charred Cinnamon Stick, $16.00
- Drop In… If you Dare – Gin, Elderflower Liqueur, fresh Lemon Juice, and Maraschino Cherry Mix, $17.00
- Ultra Flight, Trio of Gin-based Cocktails featuring flavors of Orange, Pine and Sea, $17.00
- 5… 4… 3… 2… 1 – Spiced Rum, Blue Curaçao, Coconut-Pineapple Cream, Simple Syrup, fresh Lime Juice, $15.00
- Pizza Oom Mow Wow! – Pizza-inspired Bloody Mary with Vodka and flavors of Pineapple, Jalapeño and Mushroom, $17.00
What I don’t see on the menu this year is the Fun Wheel – A Long Island-based cocktail with flavors of Passion Fruit and Citrus. This drink was originally on the secret menu at the Cove Bar (now the Lamplight Lounge). It is a fun drink with pineapple, passion fruit vodka, and blue curaçao topped with soda water. If you go, ask and see if they will make it for you.
There is also a beer and wine menu, as well as a few fun non-alcoholic drinks.
- Cowabunga! (Non-Alcoholic) – Pizza-inspired Non-Alcoholic Bloody Mary with flavors of Pineapple, Jalapeño and Mushroom, $8.00
- A Bug’s Drink (Non-Alcoholic) – Minute Maid® Lemonade with Granny Smith Apple Syrup, with fresh Watermelon, $5.75
Don’t forget that you must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per-person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel timely and are a no-show, the credit card provided at the time of the reservation will be charged $10 per person.
As of this writing, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park remain open for residents of California only.
If you want to take a Disneyland Resort vacation, be sure to contact Patricia at All for Dreams Travel! She can provide you with a FREE quote and make all the reservations you need!
***Disclaimer – We at Tips from the Disney Divas and Devos hope you enjoy reading our articles and encourage you to share any you feel may be of interest to someone else. We do ask, however, if you choose to share the photographs attached to our articles, you give credit to the photographer. Thank you for your cooperation and for sharing our love of Disney! The featured image photo is by Disney***