Some important updates for Annual Passholders at Walt Disney World Resort!!
Welcoming You Back to Walt Disney World Resort
Annual Passholders are some of the most loyal and valued Guests. So of course, Disney can’t wait to welcome you back!!!
With that in mind, when the parks reopen, park capacity will be significantly limited—and may continue to be for a period of time, based on guidance from health experts to promote physical distancing.
Disney understands how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning your Disney visits and realizes some new changes may be disappointing. For example, during this unprecedented time, an annual pass will not guarantee park entry and Annual Passholders will be required to make an advance reservation to enter a park via the new Disney Park Pass system.
Please note that:
- During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates.
- All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay. All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates.
- Some pass benefits and features will not be available during periods of limited capacity. Also, park experiences and offerings will be modified and subject to limited availability or even closure.
- Guests should ensure their pass type is valid for park entry prior to making a park reservation.
Please know we will be here to help you as we remain focused on delivering a wonderful experience for everyone who visits.
If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Options to manage your annual pass continue to be available during the closure period.
Important Dates for Annual Passholders
The Disney Park Pass system will be available soon. Here are some important dates for Annual Passholders to keep in mind:
|June 22||Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid admission (including Annual Passholders) can make theme park reservations for the entire length of their stay|
|June 26||All eligible Passholders can make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time|
|July 9 and 10||Passholder previews will take place at Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park|
|July 11||Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will reopen|
|July 15||Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will reopen|
Weekday Select, Theme Park Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders will have the opportunity to register for a special preview at Magic Kingdom park or Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park on July 9 or 10. Email invitations with registration details will be sent out soon.
Reservations are required and limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. An eligible activated annual pass is required to register.
If a Passholder would like to register a Guest to accompany them, that Guest must also have a valid Weekday Select, Theme Park Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus or Premier annual pass, be listed on your Family & Friends list and have opted to share “All My Plans” with you.
Reopening Policy Options
As the Walt Disney World theme parks prepare to reopen, we see a lot of Passholder enthusiasm to get back to the magic. We are eager to see our cherished Passholders too. We also recognize that Park reservations will change the way that many of our Passholders prefer to enjoy their pass. With that in mind, we are offering these alternative options to manage your pass.
If you are an Annual Passholder that has paid in full, your options include:
- You will receive a one month extension to your pass (unless you choose one of the alternative options below). This additional month will automatically be processed and visible in your My Disney Experience account in October 2020.
- Alternatively, and in lieu of the one month extension, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to cancel their annual pass and receive a partial refund.
If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan, your options include:
- You will receive an additional one month extension to your pass (unless you choose the alternative option below). This additional month will automatically be processed and visible in your My Disney Experience account in October 2020. Please note that monthly payments are scheduled to resume with park opening on July 11, 2020.
- Alternatively, and in lieu of the additional month extension, Passholders on the monthly payment plan may choose to cancel their annual pass and waive their monthly payments due after August 11, 2020. Any payments made between July 11, 2020 and August 11, 2020 will be retroactively refunded for those that select this option and all future payments would be stopped.
Disney will send information in early July with details on how to take action on these options.
Other Policy Updates and Refunds
During the unprecedented closure period, we introduced policy adjustment options to help you manage your annual pass. Explore details below.
If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks.
As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan:
On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.
As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5, 2020 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.
All information provided in this article is from the Walt Disney World website, for the most accurate and up to date information please visit the site here.
Need assistance planning your next Disney vacation, Patricia from All 4 Dreams Travel will be happy to assist you.