by Wishes Diva
Do you have questions? We have answers! Each week, a Diva or Devo will share some of our best tips with you as we answer five of your questions. This week, Wishes Diva answers your questions regarding FastPass+.
1. How far in advance can I make my Fast Pass selections?
This answer depends on where you are staying. If you are on property (that means staying at a Disney resort) then you can select your Fast Passes for your whole trip 60 days before your visit. (Keep in mind that if you are splitting your stay between two or more resorts that could affect your Fast Pass date.) If you are not staying at a Disney resort then you can select your Fast Passes 30 days before you visit, one day at a time. In both cases, the Fast Pass window will open at 7am EST. You can use the My Disney Experience app or the website to do your Fast Passes. Keep in mind sometimes the system can get bogged down when a lot of people are waiting to do Fast Passes so sometimes you may want to have both a desktop and a mobile device available. Also patience and coffee!
2. There are so many choices for Fast Passes in each park. Which ones would you prioritize?
There are absolutely so many choices for each park it can be overwhelming! The best thing to do it think about your party and what types of attractions they like to do. If they like thrill rides, slow moving rides, shows, fireworks, etc. We usually try and do a mix when we go. The fabulous thing about the FastPass+ system is that you can split your Fast Passes so everyone can do what they want. Half of your group could go on a rollercoaster while the other half visits something a little more slow moving! Remember you can make 3 Fast Passes to start. Some parks it can be hard to choose just three so I will sometimes just select them based on what times fit best in our schedule! My personal prioritized suggestions for each park would be:
-Magic Kingdom: Peter Pan’s Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion
-Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock’n’Rollercoaster, Star Tours
-EPCOT: Soarin’, Frozen Ever After, Test Track
-Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, Festival of the Lion King
3. Once you use Fast Passes can you get more?
Yes! You can select three to start. After you use your first three then you can select other Fast Passes one at a time. So you can select your 4th and then after it is used you can select your 5th option! There is no limit to how many you can get, as long as they fit within the park hours!
4. Can we make Fast Passes in different parks and then park hop?
Unfortunately you can only have Fast Passes for one park at a time. However you can make your initial Fast Passes at your first park, and after they have been used you can make your additional ones for a different park. Or if you are an early riser like me, you can skip your Fast Passes at the first park (if you get there before park open) and instead choose to reserve your Fast Passes for another park! I have done this several times before and it works very well!
5. We have a big group, and are having trouble getting a Fast Pass. Any tips for what we can do? Doing Fast Passes with a large group can be tricky! There are a couple different ways you can do it if getting passes all together doesn’t work. First of all keep in mind that each individual in your party could have completely different Fast Pass reservations. That gives you flexibility for those that may not like thrill rides like I mentioned earlier. If your whole party does not want to do a rollercoaster for example, you can split the passes and find a different nearby attraction that fits in the same time period! Another option would be to split your party in to smaller groups and try to find overlapping times. Four example in a party of ten you could do two groups of five. Then if one group has a 1:10-2:10pm Fast Pass, you could try and schedule the other group from 1:30-2:30pm. That will shorten your return time window a bit if you all want to go together. But it may be worth it!
Book your next vacation with Military Diva Patricia at All for Dreams Travel and she can help you with everything you need includinh your Fast Pass reservations! And her services are completely FREE!! Get in touch with her today to plan the perfect Disney vacation!