Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i is working toward a phased reopening to begin on November 1, 2020. Disney has provided many details on their website and we are happy to share those with you to help you plan your trip to Aulani. Be sure to check Disney’s website for the most up to date information as it can change at any time. Disney Magic Diva is the most recent Diva to visit Aulani pre-Covid and has some great articles and videos for you to read to prepare for your trip.
Welcoming You Back to Aulani Resort
As Disney prepares for a phased reopening updates have been made based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
These measures are designed to promote:
While these plans may evolve, Disney will continue to evaluate the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Hawaii.
It may be different from the last time you visited. But together, you can find new ways to create magical moments—and memories to treasure.
TOP THINGS TO KNOW
Disney’s made some important updates at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and implemented a number of new health and safety measures.
Guests staying at Aulani Resort must review the health acknowledgement below.
What You’ll Need
There may be specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about any of these requirements on the Hawai‘i Tourism Authority website. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest advisories, restrictions and travel alerts that may be in place for travel to Hawaii leading up to your planned stay.
Please be aware that you’ll also need:
- A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to provide your email to receive any important updates prior to your arrival.
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas— including while entering and exiting dining locations—and can be removed when actively eating or drinking in a stationary manner while maintaining appropriate physical distancing or while swimming in a Resort pool or lagoon.
Also, it’s highly recommended to:
- Begin the check-in process online prior to your arrival.
- Have cashless or contactless forms of payment.
During the reopening period, many dining experiences will be modified, limited in capacity, or unavailable based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
Before you dine at Aulani Resort, please be aware that you’ll need:
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas—including while entering and exiting dining locations—and can be removed while eating or drinking
- Reservations: Upon the reopening of ‘AMA‘AMA and Makahiki restaurants, a confirmed dining reservation will be required and will be limited to Resort Guests only.
Also, it’s highly recommended you have:
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment
Available dining locations:
- Ulu Cafe
- Off The Hook*
- Poolside Service
- Wailana Pool Bar
- Pāpālua Shave Ice
- The ‘Ōlelo Room*
*limited seating available for Resort Guests only
- ‘AMA’AMA Restaurant
- Makahiki Bounty of the Islands – including character dining
- KA WA‘A Lū‘au
- Mama’s Snack Stop
- Little ‘Opihi’s
- Private Dining
- Wailana Coffee Bar
Health and Hygiene
New measures have been implemented across Aulani Resort dining locations to promote health and hygiene, including:
- Enhanced Cleaning: We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Additionally, seating areas, dining areas and pagers will be cleaned between Guests.
- Temperature Screenings: Upon the reopening of ‘AMA‘AMA and Makahiki restaurants, Guests dining in table-service restaurants at Aulani Resort will undergo a temperature screening prior to entering the location. Anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional rescreening. Those with temperatures 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.
- Reduced-Contact Menus: at quick-service restaurants, menus are displayed on signage. And at table-service restaurants, Guests will scan a code with a mobile device to access the digital menu.
- Self-Serve Changes: Beverages and other items that were previously self-serve, including the refillable mug program, will be suspended.
- Cashless Payments: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless payment options, including debit cards, credit cards and Disney Gift Cards. Guests can also opt for contactless payment options—such as mobile wallets—or use cash to purchase a Disney Gift Card at select merchandise locations. Aulani Resort hotel Guests can also charge their purchases from select locations to their Disney Resort hotel folio.
Additional changes to Aulani Resort dining experiences include:
- Menu items may vary.
- Dining locations will be limited in capacity. Some locations will remain temporarily closed.
CONVENIENT ONLINE CHECK-IN AND CHECKOUT
To help shorten your wait upon arrival and to aid in physical distancing efforts, we highly recommend that you complete the Online Check-In process before arriving at Aulani Resort. You can access the Online Check-In service via your Disney account prior to your arrival. When your room is ready, you can receive a text message notification on your phone. You may then stop by the Front Desk to pick up your room keys. Please note, this service may not be available with reservations made through third parties.
Opt-in for Express Checkout and on your scheduled checkout day, you’ll receive a copy of your folio sent to the email address on file and be automatically checked out of your room. Visiting the Front Desk isn’t necessary; however Cast Members will be available to answer any questions regarding your hotel folio.
AULANI RESORT MOBILE APP – NOW AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD!
Plan your day, stay connected and explore all the magic that’s happening during your visit.
- Manage your Aulani Resort reservation details
- Begin the check-in process in advance using our convenient Online Check-In service
- Search for fun and interactive activities on the “Daily ‘Iwa”
- Find places of interest on our map
Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get parent or guardian permission first.
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
Self-parking will be available. Parking fees apply.
Transportation options currently unavailable:
- Valet service
- Alamo car rental desk
- Aulani Shopping shuttle
- Ko Olina Resort shuttle
RESORT AMENITIES, ACTIVITIES AND RECREATION
Amenities, activities and recreation will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Pools may operate with reduced hours, and will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Wailana adult pool will be available for all ages
- Select poolside activities may be available
- Beach chair availability may be reduced to allow for physical distancing
- Mikimiki Fitness center will remain temporarily closed until further notice.
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
Available Amenities, Activities and Recreation
Activities and schedules will vary, and reservations will be required for most activities with reduced capacity. The schedule of activities will be shared during your stay, but may include:
- All feature pools and whirlpool spas
- Waikolohe Stream lazy river
- Tubestone Curl and Volcanic Vertical water slides
- Menehune Bridge
- Keiki Cove splash zone
- Rainbow Reef activities*
- Menehune Adventure Trail
- Make Your Own Mickey Ears*
- Kapala Ki`i (T-shirt stamping)*
*additional charges apply
In Aulani Resort merchandise locations, Guests may continue to discover favorite Aulani and Hawaii items, with some modifications to the shopping experience that will help us manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
- Limited hours of operation
- Cashless and contactless transactions will be encouraged
- Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
- Laniwai Spa
- Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
- Aunty’s Beach House
- Ho`okanipila (Ukulele Lessons)
- ‘Ohana Hula
- Hale Manu
Additionally, the following special offerings will not be available during the initial reopening:
- ‘Ohana Movie Night
- Shake-A-Shaka Pool Party
- Instructor Guided Tours, including photo tours
- Disney Animation
- Painting Programs
- Surf’s Up, A Surfin, Fishin, Dancin Party
- Fish Are Friends
- Kakamora Chaos
- DVC Member Hour
- Aulani Chef Demonstrations, including Mimosas and Macrons, and Aulani Mixology Workshop