Author: Canadian Diva
This year, Disney Studios did it again! They released a live action film from a classic fairy tale; this time, the story of a Princess with the most famous Castle ever built, “Cinderella”. After watching this film or the Disney animated classic, who wouldn’t want to have a Fairy Godmother wave a magic wand and grant you a “dream that you wish, your heart makes”.
Well, at Walt Disney World, a ‘Princess’ can have her own Fairy Godmother at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
We love the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as you can read from our very first visit at the ‘World of Disney Store’ in Downtown Disney (soon to be Disney Springs). There is also another location in Cinderella’s Castle in Magic Kingdom.
There are so many magical moments when one visits the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Here is a very special one for our family…
One year we decided to attend the highly popular and loved Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. My daughter wanted to be Princess Belle for the party. We made reservations (a couple months in advance) for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney, for the morning before the party.
Upon arrival, we checked in and then waited. When we were called in with our pager, we were escorted to the back corner of the salon. We preferred this spot as it felt more quiet and calm as the salon can be very hectic and noisy. It was here, we met our very special Fairy Godmother, Gail.
Fairy Godmother Gail was so lovely. We talked a lot (having the corner location really helped us get to know each other). It was really nice to have a personable conversation with a Cast Member.
My husband arrived and started talking to Gail as well. (All the while she was magically transforming our daughter). Fairy Godmother Gail then asked if our daughter has any siblings. We said no. I told her I wasn’t sure if I was ready for another child but when she looked at my husband, she could see the sadness in his eyes. My husband told me later that he told her he wanted another child but wanted to respect my decision as well.
After the big “reveal” for my daughter, we were thrilled! My daughter was gorgeously transformed into Princess Belle. Gail and another Fairy Godmother (who applied my daughter’s make up), did such a beautiful job. Then Fairy Godmother Gail, waved her wand and sprinkled Pixie Dust on my daughter and on me too!
As I went to the front of the Salon to pay, my daughter put a wish in the “wish” box and as she was putting the wish in, Fairy Godmother Gail whispered to my husband,
“You know what I’m wishing for your family!” My husband was so touched.
Fast forward a couple years later; as I typing this, I have a wonderful, baby boy in my arms.
I am a spiritual person, so I do know prayers have a lot to do with our little miracle baby, however I can’t help but believe Fairy Godmother Gail’s Pixie Dust and wish, made our family’s dreams come true too!
Thank you Fairy Godmother Gail, may all of your “dreams that you wish” come true as well.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Diva Tips:
- My favorite tip of all, was from the original Disney Diva herself: Buy your Princess Dress before your vacation to save money! Check out her article here. (note, prices has changed since the article was published)
- The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is for Princesses 12 years old and under (sorry Adult Princesses)
- You need a Theme Park ticket for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Cinderella’s Castle at the Magic Kingdom location
- You don’t need a Theme Park ticket for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at the World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney/Disney Springs location.
- If you are going to a special party like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party in Magic Kingdom, make your reservation in the morning at the Downtown Disney/Disney Springs location (be sure to factor in travel time). Remember Disney World will let guests in for the special events at Magic Kingdom, usually at 4:00pm
- If you have a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservation at the Castle in the Magic Kingdom before the special events, again, you will need an additional Theme Park ticket.
- If you would like to enjoy a Character Dining meal, like meeting the Princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table, Akershus or 1900 Park Fare, be sure to schedule a lot of time between your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment and your Dining Reservation. Dressing up your Princesses for the Character Meals is so much fun!
- Advanced reservations are strongly recommended, please call 180 days ahead or have a Travel Agent who can make all these magical arrangements for you, like our Travel Specialist Patricia Payne! Her services are FREE when you book a Disney Parks Vacation package, read the Top reasons to book with her!
- Make the Boutique experience last! The hairstyles can stay put for days. Tell your Princess to be careful when she sleeps, in the morning, reapply the “free” make up kit provided by the Boutique, put on the same dress (or another one) and Voila, your child can look like she had a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique experience for more than one day of your vacation.
For more information on Bibbibi Bobbidi Boutique, pricing and hours of operation, check out the Walt Disney World Website.