By: Main Street Diva
If you are anything like me you love planning your next trip to Disney. I start planning my next trip the day after I get back from my last one. For most Disney lovers. planning is a breeze and is almost in our blood. For others, planning is a pain in the neck. Here are a few tips to ensure that your planning process goes as smooth and magical as possible.
1) Get Excited!– You are planning a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth! You should be like a kid in a candy store when clicking those buttons and snagging those FastPasses!
2) Check for the Best Deals– If you have a flexible schedule try to keep an eye out for the best deals Disney has to offer. A few specific weeks during the year, Disney offers free dining or 30% off of your room rate. Tip: For 2015, Free Dining is available August 28th- October 2. However, there is criteria you must abide by to qualify for free dining. If you are staying in a value resort you would have the option of receiving the Quick Service Dining Plan and if you are staying at a Moderate or Deluxe resort you have the option of receiving the Table Service Dining Plan. Value resorts are great places to stay if you are traveling on a budget. The new Art of Animation Resort is a beautifully themed resort and is perfect for larger families. The time of year you are traveling also makes a difference when financially planning for your trip to Disney. For example, the end of August is a cheaper time to go than the middle of July or the Christmas season.
3) Getting your FastPass+ – Believe it or not, the FastPasses that are available go quickly, especially during the summer season. If you are staying on Disney property at a Disney resort you are able to make your FastPass+ reservations 60 days in advance. If you are not staying at a Disney resort you are able to make your reservations 30 days in advance. FastPass+ availability is on a first come first serve bases so try to make your reservations as soon as you can. Tip: FastPasses for some attractions go quicker than others. For example, I have noticed that the FP for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train books faster than the ones for Muppet Vision* 3-D.
4) Booking Dining Reservations– This is another thing that you should book as soon as you can. Dining reservations, especially for popular restaurants such as Be Our Guest or Cinderella’s Royal Table, book fast. If you are staying on Disney property at a Disney resort you are able to make your dining reservations 180 days in advance. If you are not staying at a Disney resort you are also able to make your reservations 180 in advance. Some restaurants require a deposit at the time of booking so make sure to have your credit card handy.
5) Packing– When packing for Disney make sure you compose a checklist so you don’t forget anything you might need for you magical vacation. Things like comfy shoes, toiletries, and ponchos are always needed for a Disney trip. Remember to check the bag policy for the airline you would be flying with. Also, remember to put the luggage tags on your baggage for the Magical Express. Don’t forget your Magicbands, dining conformations, cameras and autograph books!
I hope these tips helped you with the planning process. I actually like to plan trips that I may or may not take in the future just for fun! Enjoy your trip and have a magical time!