by Military Diva
The time has come-Disneyland Resort opened to California Residents on April 30! And, we received new and exciting details for Disney’s new ship, the Disney Wish. On April 29, Disney Parks Blog hosted a 30-minute virtual experience. You can find details on Disneyland Resort’s reopening guidelines, the link to the Disney Wish reveal, and more below!
Walt Disney World
- Guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort are advised to view Disney’s Know Before You Go information on their website. Guests wishing to visit a park are still required to have theme park tickets and Park Pass Reservations to enter.
- Disney World Mask Update-Guests of Walt Disney World can now remove their masks when taking photos! Guests must remain stationary and socially distanced while unmasked.
- Walt Disney World Resort Reopenings announced
- May 30-Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- June 6-Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- July 2-Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- Late July-Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Updates to the Walt Disney World Booking Policy-Resort packages with check-in dates up to April 30 have been booked under relaxed cancelation and modification policies. Bookings that check-in beginning on May 1, 2021, will return to Disney’s standard booking policy. Be sure to view the full terms and conditions at the bottom of your Walt Disney World Package.
- Penalty-free cancelations from booking until 31 days prior to check-in
- $200 penalty if canceled 30 to 3 days prior to check-in
- Full payment penalty if canceled 2 days prior to check-in
- Epcot Enhancements continue with the opening of the new Creations Shop and the reopening of Club Cool hosted by Coca-Cola.
- Last chance to buy three get two days of Walt Disney World tickets FREE! To be eligible, guests must book a minimum 4 night/3 day room and ticket package and travel before September 25, 2021. The offer expires May 1, 2021.
- Disney is celebrating Earth Day in a huge way this month!
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom welcomed a new female mandrill named Ivy on April 10, 2021.
- “Secrets of the Whales” a sand sculpture created from 40 tons of sand was carved for Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This sculpture, a celebration of the new Disney+ series “Secret of the Whales”. Guests can view the sculpture at Discovery Island now through April 30, 2021.
- Fans of Disney World are encouraged to get educated and get involved! Beginning on April 22, log onto the “myDisneyexperience” app to view some of Disney’s Worldwide conservation projects, participate in activities from home, and play games. In addition, the Play Disney Parks app will host its own trivia game.
- New Tiny World Magic Shot is now available for guests of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Locate the Disney PhotoPass photographer at the exit of “It’s Tough to Be a Bug” to immerse your family in this amazing photo experience.
Disneyland reopening updates!
- Disneyland is still on track to open on April 30, 2021!
- Upon reopening, Disneyland will only be open to residents of California. Adults will be asked to show Proof of Residency upon entering.
- Guests ages 2 and older will be required to wear approved face coverings, unless sitting to eat/drink or in a Relaxation Station.
- Guests ages 3 and up must have valid theme park tickets and a Park Pass Reservation to enter Disneyland or Disney’s California Adventure.
- As per state guidelines, visiting groups can be no larger than 3 households.
- Parking is available at Mickey & Friends or Pixar Pals lots.
- Guests will not be allowed to line up prior to 6 am. Early arrivals are discouraged.
- California Residents can now book rooms and packages for Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa and many Good Neighborhood hotels. Guests are encouraged to utilize online check-in, available 5 days prior to check-in.
- Previously purchased 2020 Military Salute tickets are now valid through December 16, 2021. New Military tickets are not being sold at this time.
- Disneyland Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance updates
- Disneyland will be using a Virtual Queue, similar to Disney World, for access to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Guests must have a valid theme park linked to their account and a Park Pass Reservation for Disneyland to join a boarding group
- Guests can attempt to join the boarding group at 7 AM from any location, on the day of their Park Reservation.
- All guests can try to obtain a boarding group at 12 PM. Guests with Park Hopper Passes and Park Reservations for Disney’s California Adventure must enter DCA before noon. Park Hopping begins at 1 PM.
- Disneyland Dining updates
- Many dining locations will be open and serving guest favorites! Churros, Dole Whips, and Brisket Mac & Cheese are among the favorites to be served. Guests can find a more inclusive list of available locations and food offerings in Disney Parks Foodie News.
- Guests are encouraged to utilize Mobile Ordering, Mobile Check-In, and Mobile Dine Walk-Up List to manage their food needs.
- The Dining booking system (ADR’s) reopened on April 22. Guests can make Dining Reservations up to 60 days in advance.
- Share in a special Video moment as Disneyland prepares to reawaken and open the gates this week.
- Disneyland Resort’s Avengers Campus is on track to open on June 4, 2021.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Wish Updates
- The traditional keel ceremony took place earlier this month. An exciting step in the building of any ship, a newly minted coin is placed under the keel as the first blocks of the ship are lowered into the building docks. In honor of the Wish’s honorary leader, Captain Minnie is molded onto the coin.
- New concept art was revealed, highlighting a magnificent interior of Disney’s newest ship.
- Once Upon a Wish, a magnificent reveal of Disney’s newest ship took place on April 29, 2021. Interested viewers were dazzled with this 30-minute virtual presentation.
- Highlights of the new ship include the Aqua Mouse 760 ft water attraction, three new entertainment venues, Star Wars Hyperspace Lounge (adult only), and new two-story Royal Suites featuring spiral staircases and stained glass windows. New dining experiences include Arendela, A Frozen Dining Adventure (a theatrical dining, musical experience-Character Meal!), 1923 (Hollywood-inspired homage to the opening of the Walt Disney Studios), and Worlds of Marvel (interactive, action-packed dining experience). Updates to the Oceaneer Club include a new secret entrance, Marvel Superhero Academy, Fairytale Hall, and an interactive lab.
- Disney Cruise Line Suspension updates
- All Disney Magic sailings departing through October 9, 2021, are now canceled.
- Guests that have been paid in full are eligible for a 125% Future Cruise Credit to be used by September 30, 2022, or a full refund.
- Reservations with partial payments will automatically receive a full refund of monies paid.
- Palo and Remy updates
- When sailings resume, guests dining at Palo or Remy can choose between a prix fixe menu or an a la carte menu for dinner.
- Palo prix fixe menu will be $45 per person; Remy’s prix fixe menu will be $125 per person.
- Brunch and dessert options will continue as a set charge per person
- Platinum Cast Away Club members will continue to receive one prix fixe brunch or dinner meal for each guest in their stateroom.
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
- 2022 bookings for Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa are now available. Guests can book up to 499 days from their check-out day.
- Fall savings announced! Guests booking their Aulani vacation by October 8, 2021, with select travel dates from August 14 through December 19 can save up to 30% on five-night packages.
- Travel dates include August 14-November 21, 2021 and November 27-December 18, 2021 check-ins.
- Guests that book by May 23, 2021, will also receive a $200 resort credit with 5-night packages; $150 in resort credits with 4-night packages
- Moana has returned to Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa!
Adventures by Disney
- Changes are coming to Adventures by Disney vacation protection plans. Guests wishing to add the current “Cancel for Any Reason” needed to add and pay for the coverage by April 27, 2021. New coverage options will begin on April 28, 2021.
- After April 28 the “Cancel for Any Reason” coverage will be sold as an add-on product that must be added and paid for within 14 days of booking the trip.
- Purchased “Cancel for Any Reason” coverage will refund 75% of any pre-paid non-refundable cancelation fees
- Escape to the Amazon with Adventures by Disney’s exciting new pre-adventure option
- This 5-6 day option is an exciting pre-curser for guests booked on an Adventures by Disney Galápagos Islands Expedition Cruise
- Guests will enter the rainforest, Yusani National Park, and more!
Wow! It has been quite an exciting month for the Disney World Travel Company! We have certainly been busy keeping up with all of the details and new announcements. Feel like your head is spinning too? Be sure to contact Patricia (Military Diva) with All for Dreams Travel to book your own Disney vacation. All for Dreams Travel is partnered with Gateway Travel/Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.