by Military Diva
Spring has sprung and we are overflowing with news here at Tips from the Disney Divas! New foods, new events, new attractions and even new discounts have rained down on us this month. Follow along for Disney Travel News & Updates from April 2019!
Walt Disney World
- Circle of Flavors: Harambe Nights a new family dining experience will begin on July 24. Guests booking this adventure will spend the night learning of the struggles of the “Big Five”-the African elephant, rhinoceros, Cape buffalo, leopard and lion. All while enjoying snacks, desserts and refreshments symbolic of these animal’s native lands. Pricing starts at $125 per adult and $99 per child.
- Disney Villians After Hours will take place in Magic Kingdom on select nights from June 6-August 8. Guests purchasing tickets for this special “After Hours” event will be able to enter the park at 7. Lower crowds, snacks, beverages, a new Villian Stage Show, Maleficent the Dragon sighting at night and much more will highlight these evenings. Tickets begin at $139 per guest and are on sale now! (*Note-Villians will be visible during shows and events but will not be available for meet and greet experiences.)
- Woody’s Roundup-a BBQ Fourth of July celebration will be taking place at Disney’s Contemporary Resort from July 4-6. Highlights of this dining experience include a BBQ buffet, delicious desserts and refreshments and character interactions. Kid friendly activities and viewing of the Magic Kingdom evenings spectacular are also included. The experience costs $149 per adult and $99 per child, tax and gratuity included.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale! Guests can purchase tickets for this hard ticket event held on November 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24 and December 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22. Enjoy holiday themed characters, parades, shows, fireworks and desserts of course!! Tickets start at $99 per guest.
- Epcot’s Illuminations final showing will be September 30, 2019. This beloved evening spectacular will be replaced by an all new experience “Epcot Forever” on October 1, 2019.
- Celebrate Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary on May 1st with a live stream from the parks. Guests can celebrate in the park with celebrations throughout the day. Expect a “celebrity” parade, a commemorative guide map and button, specialty food and drinks, and the debut of “World of Animation” (brand new projection show) Guests can also opt to purchase tickets to the special after hours event or follow along at home via #DisneyParksLIVE.
- Rivers of Light:We are One is the next chapter in Animal Kingdom’s moving nighttime show. The new addition will debut this Memorial Day weekend.
- Three public discounts and one Visa Card member discount was announced for Summer Disney World Packages. The new offers were interesting and had a few new twists-you can get all the details in last week’s article Summer 2019 Disney World Discounts Deciphered!
- New Princess dining experience open at Napa Rose in Disneyland’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures will be offered Thursdays through Mondays and feature Princesses such as Ariel, Belle, Tiana, Jasmine and more. The experience includes a three course brunch, storytelling with the Princesses and a portrait, keepsake and 5 hours of valet parking.
- Disney California Adventure Park to offer Oogie Boogie Bash-A Disney Halloween Party this fall. Trick or treat, Descendents dance parties, World of Color evening spectacular, stage shows and more will be available to guests purchasing tickets for this special event. The party will be available select nights from September 6-October 31. Tickets on sale now!!
- Reminder: guests hoping to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort will need to have reservations to enter this new land between May 31 and June 23. Onsite guests have already received an email detailing their reservation spot. Day guests and off site visitors will be able to make reservations on May 2-details will be made available on this day. Guests are required to have a www.Disneyland.com account active to make reservations. Additionally, while park admission is required, there is no extra charge for the SW:GE reservation.
- The beloved Mickey’s Philharmagic attraction is now open at Disney California Adventure Park!
Disney Cruise Line
- Captain Minnie Mouse made her debut with Disney Cruise Line this month. Designed to inspire young women to consider careers in the maritime industry, Captain Minnie and Disney Cruise Line will offer four scholarships for future maritime leaders.
Adventures by Disney
- Last minute savings on select Adventures by Disney vacations! Book your Adventures by Disney vacation and save up to $250 per person on Land and Sea trips; up tp $150 per guest on Short Escapes. Click here for a full list of available trips, dates and rules!
- Adventures by Disney Handbook is going digital! Guests will receive their handbook by email prior to travel. The pre-departure kit will still be delivered by standard mail.
Well, that’s our monthly roundup! Disney is working hard to create the most immersive experiences for your family’s vacation. And we here at Tips from the Disney Diva and All for Dreams Travel spend tremendous amounts of time keeping up with all of the news. If you are interested in booking your own vacation, consider contacting me at All for Dreams Travel for your own no-obligation quote!