by Military Diva
August is an exciting time for Disney news and announcements! Summer updates, Halloween Parties and of course-D23 Announcements keep us looking forward to this time of year.
What is D23? It is the Official Fan Club for all things Disney! (For those of you wanting to join, an explanation of fees and benefits can be found HERE!)Annually, D23 holds a convention where they announce upcoming Disney News and Updates, among other things! The highlights from this months Expo are too grand to be grouped in with the regularly monthly events! This month these announcements have their own section under each destination. Follow along to read of the most exciting news hitting Disney destinations this August!
Walt Disney World Updates
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experiences are now taking reservations! Guests interested in a drink/snack from Oga’s Cantina (lounge) can make reservations via the dining section of “myDisneyexperience”. Guests wishing to build their own droid or light saber at Savi’s Workshop can now make reservations as well.
- Disney Spring’s NBA Experience is now open. Guests can purchase 1-day passes online or at Disney World Guest Service Ticket Windows for $34/adult ($29/child plus tax). Notes: proper shoes and shirts required at all times, tickets cannot be transferred/exchanged/refunded, guests under 14 require adult supervision. All guests must sign liability waivers; parents must sign for all minors (under 18).
- Eat to the Beat Concert series at Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival announces additional entertainment. Guests can check for day-of-entrance or guarantee seating with an Eat to the Beat dining package. Notably scheduled artists include (full schedule can be found HERE)…
- Sep 1-2 – Sawyer Brown
- Sep 5-6 – Grace Kelly
- Sep 7-8 – Zach Williams
- Sept 9-10 – Lauren Daigle
- Sept 16-17 – Smashmouth
- Sep 18-19 – Everclear
- Sep 20-22 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
- Sept. 27-28 – Isabella Nicole (“Headphones”)
- Oct. 4-5 – Avenue Beat (“Delight”)
- Nov. 1-2 – AJ Mitchell (“All My Friends”)
- Nov. 8-9 – Kylie Cantrall (“That’s What I’m Talkin’ Bout”)
- Nov 12-14 – Joey Fattone and friends (Chris Kirkpatrick, Ryan Cabrera)
- Nov. 15-16 – Erin Bowman (“Keep Me Warm”)
- Nov. 22-23 –Tegan Marie (“Horses”)
- New details for Disney’s Riviera Resort were announced, including details of their 30 ft tall, corkscrew Tower Slide! Check out their video for a look at the making of the Tower!
- Disney Mobile Ordering is now available at several new locations, including several Resort restaurants! Disney Port Orleans-French Quarter, Disney’s All Star Resorts, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney’s Contemporary Resort all joined the lineup of existing Mobile Ordering locations.
- Walt Disney World welcomed a NEW Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique location at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa! Disney World now has three locations (Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs) where guests ages 3-12 can be transformed into the Lady or Princess of their dreams! New merchandise and four new hairstyles have been added as well! Check out Disney Magic Diva’s granddaughter Grace’s video of the experience here.
- NEW Disney World Mid-Day Magic Ticket available for use from now until December 15, 2019. Guests using these lower cost ticket options cannot enter any park before noon. (Mid-Day Magic!) Tickets are offered in 2, 3, or 4 day options and can be as low as $79 per day. Purchase yours online, through your Travel Agent or at a Disney World Ticketing office.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party premiered on August 16. This year, guests can expect many new experiences, including new fireworks, parades and character experiences. Be sure to check out last month’s “News & Updates” for details. Tickets are still available online, via your travel agent and at Disney World Ticketing offices (if the event is not sold out). Remember, Disney World also offers Military Discounts for Mickey’s Not So Scarry Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party during select dates. (purchase via Shades of Green or in person at Disney World)
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Updates!
- Cast members were treated to an advance screening of this new land earlier this month. The internet was flooded with photos of their experiences!
- The land was dedicated at 9:55 am on August 28 and officially opened on August 29. You can catch a replay of the dedication ceremony at #DisneyParksLIVE (You can also head to www.DisneyParksBlog.com and search for a link to the live stream.
- If you are planning to visit Star Wars:Galaxy’s Edge, be sure to check out the guidelines for acceptable costumes and dress!
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is receiving a bit of love-or at least the horses are! The current equine space is receiving updates and a new, modern barn. The area is closed to guests from now until Spring 2020. However, pony rides are still available at the Trail Blaze Corral.
- New Disney After Hours dates were announced for two Disney Parks. These events, which are separately ticketed events, offer guests a chance to enjoy Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom for three hours after the park’s regular closing time. On their select night, guests can enter at 7 pm and typically stay until midnight! The event includes lower crowds and included snacks & beverages.
- Magic Kingdom dates include November 18, 2019; December 9, 2019; January 6,13,17 and 20, 2020.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom dates include October 5, 9, 19, 26 and 30, 2019; November 5, 13 and 19, 2019; December 7, 14 and 18, 2019; January 9, 16, 22 and 30, 2020;February 6, 13, 19 and 27, 2020; March 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2020
Walt Disney World D23 Announcements
- Next year, Disney World will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in style! Highlights of the celebration include
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser opening (a two night immersive, adventure vacation experience)
- Magic Kingdom will welcome Tron Lightcycle Run, a new coaster style attraction
- Epcot will receive a major transformation-the park will be divided into four neighborhoods (World Showcase, World Celebration, World Discovery, and World Nature). Additionally, Spaceship Earth is receiving exciting new updates, an innovative three-story pavilion is being added and Cherry Tree Lane (Mary Poppins) is coming to World Showcase. Entertainment, including a “Beauty & the Beast Sing-a-long” will appear along with new attractions (Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind” and “Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana”) and an all new nighttime spectacular (HarmonioUS). And of course we can expect new food offerings and restaurants!
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will open next year in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We were treated to a few sneak peeks of this ride-through attraction featuring Mickey’s cartoon shorts! ( A similar version will be opening in Disneyland in 2022).
- Disney Genie, a new digital planning enhancement will be available to work with “myDisneyexperience”.
- Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge(a new DVC property) is set to open in the area of the old River Country area.
- Cirque du Soleil in Disney Springs will debut an all new show beginning in March of 2020. The experience will be an homage to Disney Storytelling, a perfect fit for the area!
- New Mobile Ordering locations are available throughout the Disneyland Resort. By using the app, guests can now pre-order their food or drink purchases from over 30 locations including Schmoozies!, Rita’s Baja Blenders, Pacific Wharf Distribution Co., Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, Mint Julep Bar and Troubadour Tavern.
- Planning a trip for 2020? Disneyland vacation packages are now available!! Book your vacation at www.Disneyland.com or through your travel agent (All for Dreams Travel!)
- The fan-favorite “Main Street Electrical Parade” has returned to Disneyland for a short time, ending again on September 30, 2019.
Disneyland D23 Updates
- An all new parade is set to debut in 2020 at Disneyland Park. “Magic Happens” will feature new floats, music and characters such as Moana, Miguel and Dante along with several alebrije (Coco) and Sleeping Beauty with her fairies.
- Avengers Campus is coming to Disney’s California Adventure!
- WEB (Spiderman Ride Through Experience)-guests will take a ride in a “WEB Slinger” vehicle, using their own webs to capture Spider-bots!
- Pym Test Kitchen-grow and shrink food in the style of Ant-Man and the Wasp.
- Character interactions will feature Black Widow, Ant Man and the Wasp, Doctor Strange, Iron Man and characters from Guardians of the Galaxy and Wakanda and Asgard.
- Avengers Headquarters will eventually house a new E-ticket adventure where guests can team up with the Avengers.
Disney Cruise Line
- A new Disney Cruise Ship is being added to the current DCL lineup! This 5th Disney ship is being named the Disney Wish and will be adorned by Rapunzel. The Disney Wish is set for delivery in late of 2021 and scheduled to make its debut voyage in January 2020.
- Disney Cruise Line is adding a second Bahamian location to its list of privately owned properties. According to Disney Destinations, the property “will be located on the breathtaking island of Eleuthera at a place called Lighthouse Point. The new destination will celebrate both the stories of The Bahamas and the natural environment of Lighthouse Point itself.” Construction is set to start in 2020, lasting for at least 2 or 3 years.
- Star Wars fans-a themed Land and Sea adventure is available for early 2020! Star Wars Day at Sea is being offered on 9 Disney Fantasy itineraries between January and March 2020. Full-day Star Wars themed activities, Oceaneer Club additions, and character encounters highlight these sailings . Add a stop at Disney World’s Hollywood Studios pre or post-cruise to complete your adventure!
Adventures by Disney
- Great group discounts are being offered on the Seine River Cruise by Adventures by Disney. Single reservations with 10 guests or more qualify for the savings. The lead guest may earn a complimentary double occupancy stateroom for every 10 guests booked! Reservations must be made between now and September 15, 2019 for sailing October 1-8, 2019.
- A new Disney Themed Rhine River Cruise by Adventures by Disney will set sail on August 7, 2020. The ship will cruise through some of the most historic areas of Switzerland, France, Germany and the Netherlands. Special Disney touches and guests such as “Becky Cline, director of the Walt Disney Archives; renowned producer and film historian Don Hahn; Imagineer and Disney Legend Tony Baxter; and Bret Iwan, the voice of Mickey Mouse” (www.DisneyParksBlog.com) will be onboard to share their insights and personal experiences with the Disney company. Book now via adventuresbydisney.com or through your travel agent!
Well, that’s it for August 2019! This month has more announcements than ever before. If you have any questions, would like additional information or assistance planning your next vacation-be sure to contact All for Dreams Travel!
*All4Dreams@GatewaytoMagicTravel.com is an independent agency with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner