by MIlitary Diva
Happy 2020 Diva Readers! I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season and are well on your way to a successful New Year. I also hope the winter weather has you inspired to begin planning your next vacation. Now is a great time to grab the best rooms and best rates for summer and fall travel!
Both Disney World and Disneyland have announced late Spring and early Summer discounts, Disney Cruise Line has announced dates for some of their most requested sailings and Adventures by Disney has announced both discounts and great itineraries moving into next year.
Continue reading below for a larger list of Disney Travel Company updates for January 2020.
- Disney World Florida Resident Discounts!
- 3-Day Discover Disney Ticket for Florida Residents available for $175 plus tax ($20 additional to add 4th day). Purchase now until June 27 for use until June 30, 2020.
- Florida Resident Room Discount-Florida residents can save up to 30% on Disney World Resort stays from April 1-July 9, 2020.
- Disney World General Public Discounts.
- Disney Gift of Magic offers up to 20% off select Disney World Resort Rooms. Also, guests that upgrade to a 6-day park ticket will receive a $30 gift card for each guest over 3 yrs. Book now until March 7 for stays until April 25, 2020.
- FREE Delicious Offer-free dining plan for guests with a minimum of a 4-day Disney World Resort stay and 4-day Park Hopper tickets. Offer is limited! Packages available for check-in dates of June 27 and 28, July 5-7 and August 29 through September 8, 2020. Must be booked by January 16, 2020.
- Sun & Fun Room Offer-save up to 25% at select Disney World Resorts from April 1-September 12, 2020.
- Tasty Kid-Sized Package-guests with a 4-night Disney World Resort package including tickets and dining can receive FREE dining for kids (3-9). Select rooms available from May 25-August 28, 2020.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance updates! While Disney’s Hollywood Studios will continue using virtual Boarding Groups for this new attraction, it is being reported that the groups aren’t filling until 9 or 10 am. When the attraction first opened guests were arriving as early as 5 and 6 am to ensure their group. Our Divas have shared their experiences with Star Wars:RotR HERE!!
- Club runDisney adds new enhancements to the run experience! The new membership program has three levels available for purchase beginning February 18, 2020. (Benefits available from October 1, 2020-September 31, 2021).
- Silver-Member jacket, Club runDisney magnet, membership card, Tier 1 pricing for all runDisney races during benefit period, Virtual 10K and Club runDisney notation on race bibs ($265.43)
- Gold-all Silver benefits plus (1) guaranteed registration for the half marathon or longer runDisney event during early registration (one per race weekend, $478.63)
- Platinum-all Gold benefits plus a Club runDisney Expo Experience, access to the Club runDisney lounge for exclusive packet pickup, early access to runDisney merchandise, exclusive Character Opportunity and upgraded corral placement. ($798.43)
- 2020 Epcot Festival of the Arts and the popular Disney on Broadway Concert Series is currently underway from now until February 24, 2020. Checkout Passholder Diva’s Tips from last year to help you get ready for this year’s Festival!
- Epcot’s new films began this month alongside the new signage for Gusteau’s!
- “Awesome Planet” in The Land Pavilion, “Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-Long” in the France Pavilion and “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” in the Canada Pavilion all opened on January 17, 2020
- In addition, the signs have appeared for Gusteau’s Restaurant, coming to the France pavilion.
- Tickets for H2O Glow Nights at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon are now available! Meet Toy Story 4 characters, enjoy special food/drinks and dance the night away to the DJ hosted event. Tickets for this After Hours party are $65 and are available for select nights from May 27-August 29, 2020.
- Margaritaville Hotel Orlando joins the Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel Program. Guests wishing to take advantage of all the benefits need to book this resort via phone or through a Travel Agent. Benefits include all Margaritaville Orlando Resort amenities (except Island H2O Live! Water Park) and onsite transportation to the Disney World Ticket and Transportation Center.
- “Harmonious” the new nighttime spectacular is set to replace “Epcot Forever” later this year. Construction is continuing to move forward.
- Millennium Falcon and new Tier options now added to the list of Disney’s Hollywood Studios Fast Pass+ choices! Guests visiting Hollywood Studios on or after February 19 now have the choice of Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run or Slinky Dog Dash for their one Tier 1 Fast Pass+ choice. Tier 2 choices for visits after February 19 now include Alien Swirling Saucers, Disney Jr. Live on Stage, Fantasmic!, Frozen Sing-a-Long Celebration, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Rock & Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Star Tours, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
- Disneyland Southern California Discounts!
- Southern California Resident Three-Day One-Park per day ticket is available from now until May 18, 2020, for $67 per day (adult and child price). Residents can purchase up to (5) tickets per person, can upgrade to a Park Hopper and enjoy one Disneyland Magic Morning hour. Tickets can be used any three days from purchase until May 21, 2020. Purchase at Disneyland.com or through your Travel Agent!
- Disneyland General Public Discounts for 2020.
- Disneyland Discounted Three-Day One-Park per day child tickets (3-9 years) can also be purchased by those living outside of Southern California. Non-Residents can purchase up to (8) tickets per person, can upgrade to a Park Hopper and enjoy one Disneyland Magic Morning hour. Tickets can be used any three days from purchase until May 21, 2020. Purchase at Disneyland.com or through your Travel Agent!
- Save up to 25% on select Disneyland Resort rooms! Stay Sunday-Thursday from now until April 16, 2020 (must be booked by March 16, 2020) and receive 20% on select standard rooms and up to 25% on premium rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa/Disneyland Hotel; up to 10% on standard rooms and premium rooms at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
- Disney California Adventure Park celebrates the Lunar New Year, Year of the Mouse, from January 17 to February 9, 2020. New merchandise, food, and entertainment including “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession”, “Hurry Home-Lunar New Year Celebration”, a Sip & Savor Pass and complimentary activities for the family can be enjoyed during this limited-time enhancement.
- January 17 marked the opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Guests wishing to enjoy this new attraction must join a boarding group via the Disneyland app.
- R2-D2 can now be found roaming around Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- “Magic Happens” Parade debuts February 28, 2020, at Disneyland Park. Nine brand new floats, some still under construction, will be appearing in this new event. Catch a sneak peek HERE!
Disney Cruise Line
- Marvel Day at Sea returning for 2021! Contact Disney Cruise Line or your Travel Agent to book your family’s Avenger Cruise on the Disney Magic!
- The five-night Bahamas departing January 18, February 1, February 15 and March 1, 2021
- Five-night Western Caribbean voyage departing February 6 and March 6, 2021. (Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Castaway Cay)
- Five-night Western Caribbean voyage departing January 9, January 23 and February 20, 2021. (Cozumel, Mexico and Castaway Cay)
- Star Wars Day at Sea also returning for 2021! Contact Disney Cruise Line or your Travel Agent to book your family’s Galactic Cruise on the Disney Fantasy.
- Seven-night Eastern Caribbean departing February 6, 2021 (St Maarten, St Thomas, and Castaway Cay)
- Seven-night Eastern Caribbean departing January 9, January 23 and February 20, 2021 (Tortola, St Thomas, and Castaway Cay)
- Seven-night Western Caribbean departing January 2, January 16, January 30, February 13 and February 27, 2021 (Cozumel, Mexico; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Falmouth, Jamaica; Bahamas, Castaway Cay)
- Discounts announced for Spring and Fall Aulani travel…
- Book now through May 8, 2020, for travel March 1-June 13, 2020 to receive up to 30% off a 5-night stay! (25% off 4-night stay)
- Book now through February 13, 2020, for travel now through February 29, 2020, to receive up to 30% off a 5-night stay (25% off a 4-night stay).
- Disney Visa Cardmembers-receive up to 30% on a 3-night stay between April 11 and June 30, 2020. (Must book by May 29, 2020).