by Military Diva
Summer is now in full swing and the Disney Parks and Cruise Lines are bustling with activities, news and updates! While most of us are trying to stay cool under Mother Nature’s current blanket of heat, Disney is looking ahead to the Fall and Winter season. Many announcements have been made recently for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Before we jump into the news though, I would like to take a moment to thank and remember Russi Taylor. Russi, who has been the official voice actress for Minnie Mouse since 1986, passed away on July 26, 2019. Thank you Russi for all the happiness you have brought to so many of us for over 30 years.
Now, let’s jump into the NEWS!!
Walt Disney World Updates
- Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night, a new-dining adventure, began at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on July 24. This experience celebrates the Lion King and African culture with exotic food and beverage offerings, a welcome reception and other enchanting activities.This is a limited time offering requiring advance reservations. Tickets are $125 per adult and $99 per child, plus tax.
- Takumi-Teo Restaurant, a new Signature Table Service location, is now open in the Japan pavilion at Epcot. Guests will enjoy a transformative experience that offers insight into the Japanese culture, a prix fixe menu and a Chef’s Table offering.
- Disney’s Gran Destino Tower opened to excellent reviews on July 9, 2019. Part of Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, this new property is a beautiful hybrid of moderate and deluxe amenities.
- Disney Visa Card members can book a tower view room at the Gran Destino Tower under a new promotional rate. Guests staying most nights from July 15-September 28 can enjoy prices as low as $199 per night.
- New updates were completed at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in celebration of Gran Destino Tower’s Grand Opening. We can all breathe a sigh of relief as the construction walls are removed and the resort returns to normal functioning!
- My First Disney Getaway Package, a unique vacation offering, was announced on July 12. This package is very specific. It includes a 2-night stay in a Disney All Star Resort standard room, a 2-Park Magic Ticket that includes 1-day at Disney’s Magic Kingdom and 1-day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It also includes a voucher for one stroller rental per day and a special celebration bag filled with “My 1st” special merchandise. The package begins at $999 for a family of 3.
- The all new Disney Skyliner Gondola system will begin operating on September 29, 2019! This unique transportation system will travel between Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot.
- Are you a fan of Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival? Running from August 29-November 23, guests can enjoy new global eats, an ESPN Tailgate Tasting Experience and more entertainment! Check out Disney Magic Diva’s review of last year’s festival for information on what to expect.
- New promotions were announced for fall travel! FREE dining, room discounts and a package discount as well as card member and passholder discounts are available.
- Reminder! Military Discounts are still available until December 19. All active, Guard, Reserve and retired members are eligible to take advantage of these great rates!
- Are you a fan of Descendants? Then you don’t want to miss the new DescenDANCE Party this summer. The party will take place in Disney Springs at the Marketplace Stage from July 26-August 11, 2019. It will then move to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in Disney’s Magic Kingdom as an additional offering during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. (Beginning Aug. 16, 2019)
- The all new NBA store is now open in Disney Springs. In anticipation of the opening of the NBA Experience, guests can get ready by purchasing their favorite team gear and merchandise.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is getting several upgrades and enhancements for 2019! Guests with tickets to this special event will enjoy “Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular” a new fireworks experience. In addition, several attractions will receive a new holiday overlay. New characters and updated experiences are also expected. The party runs from August 16-November 1, 2019. Special admission required.
- New enhancements coming to “Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade”. New floats, new characters and of course CANDY are all part of the new additions!
- Guests attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party can now make reservations for Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party. This party enhancement offers a holiday buffet of hors d’oeuvre, desserts, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks as well as reserved seating for the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. The Town Square Party takes place on select nights during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and will require an extra charge of $99 per guest.
- The new Ultimate Disney Christmas Package is now available to book for guests arriving Dec 21 and checking out December 26, 2019. The package includes a 5-night stay (12/21-12/26/2019), 4-day park hopper tickets, exclusive evening admission to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets, reserved seating for the new “Epcot Forever” evening show, a $50 “Epcot Theme Park Dine Promo” gift card for each guest over 3 and a Christmas gift delivered to your resort room on Christmas Day. Call (407) 939-5268 or contact All for Dreams Travel to book your family’s Ultimate Christmas Vacation!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Disney World attractions jump in on the Holiday festivities with new enhancements and décor. Exciting ride overlays, new fireworks and more will enchant guests that purchase tickets to this amazing event!
- The Walt Disney Travel Company Travel Protection Policies will see a price hike beginning with bookings made on August 7, 2019. The plans will increase by $5 per adult and 50 cents per child. According to the Disney Travel News Blog, “If a Guests’ vacation travel dates are modified and their package includes non-refundable airfare, or other non-refundable charges have been incurred, they must purchase a new Travel Protection Plan in order to obtain coverage for the revised travel dates. This procedure applies even if the guest states that they will not be filing a claim on the non-refundable charges. Guests added to an existing reservation will be charged the new price, but Guests on the existing reservation will be protected at the original price.” (www.DisneyTravelAgents.com)
- “Mickey and Friends Band-Tastic Cavalcade” is performing for a limited time this summer at Disneyland Park. During this twice daily parade, Mickey Mouse and friends join the Disneyland Band as they proceed down Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A. Be sure to catch this limited time parade during your summer trip!
- Additional new events planned for Disneyland Summer Guests! With the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge earlier this summer, we didn’t expect too much more to be happening at Disneyland. We were happily surprised to learn that “Disneyland Forever” , a new fireworks show and “A Tale of the Lion King”, a new show at Disney California Adventure Park were now available. Guests can also experience the new Inside Out Emotional Attraction and more!
- GHC Craftsman Bar & Grill is now open for guests at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- Disneyland Resort Hotels are offering special rates for summer
- Disneyland Resort Hotels are offering select rooms at rates up to 15% off for travel dates from July 23-September 26, 2019. (Must book for a Sunday-Thursday night stay by September 25, 2019)
- Savings of 10% off standard rooms; 15% off premium rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel.
- Halloween Festivities were announced for Disneyland Resort, running from September 6 to October 31, 2019. New this year, all Disneyland guests will be able to view a version of “Halloween Screams”, the castle projection/fireworks show.
- Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney’s California Adventure Park will be replacing Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- Festive activities begin for the 2019 Holiday Season on November 8, 2019 and will run until January 6, 2020. Guests can expect Holiday decorations, entertainment, treats and feasts throughout the parks and resorts.
- World of Color-Season of Light” will appear at Disney’s California Adventure Park and the “Festival of the Holidays” will return.
- “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks and “A Christmas Fantasy” parade will return to Disneyland Park.
Disney Cruise Line
- New sail dates were announced for the Disney Magic! According to the Disney Travel News Blog,“Disney Cruise Line has recently opened several sail dates on the Disney Magic between Nov. 12, 2020 – Dec. 30, 2020. These Bahamian and Caribbean cruises depart from Miami, Florida. All new Disney Magic sailings, except those beginning on Dec. 26, 2020 and Dec. 30, 2020 are Very Merrytime Cruises.” (https://www.disneytravelagents.com/news/7141)
Hopefully, your family is enjoying your own summer plans. If not, start considering what you would like to do for your next vacation. A Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or other Disney Destination may be just right!
If you would like more information concerning your next trip or the information above, contact All for Dreams Travel! All for Dreams Travel is an independent agency working with Gateway Travel/Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.