by Military Diva
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you have all had a wonderful holiday week spent enjoying family and friends. While the Christmas decorating, shopping and preparing is gearing up in our home, Disney has been busy decorating their own destinations. And surprise…there are a few new discounts to be had as well! Continue reading on for a recap of all the Disney Travel news to be announced this November.
Walt Disney World
- Mickey Mouse is moving to a new location in Epcot! Starting in early 2020, you will find Mickey greeting friends and guests near the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival in the Imagination Pavilion.
- New dates for Disney After Hours, a separately ticketed event, have been announced for 2020. Tickets are on sale now for the following locations and dates…
- Magic Kingdom Park- January 23, 27, 31; February 3, 10, 17, 24; March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; April 5, 13, 20, 27; May 5, 11, 18, 25
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom-April 1, 7, 14, 22; May 2, 9, 16, 19, 26
- New Fast Casual Resturant coming to Epcot’s American Pavilion. Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue will offer Classic American dining that goes beyond the burger and fries. Guests can expect a variety of offerings celebrating BBQ flavors of Texas and Kansas as well as plant-based options and kids menus.
- Disney World kicked off the holiday season and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom with “A Frozen Holiday Wish” Castle lighting show and “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks“. Can’t make it to the parks this year? Watch a recap from #DisneyParks LIVE!
- Guests staying at select off-site hotels can now add the Minnie Van Airport Service to their Disney World vacation package. Guests of Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, Bonnet Creek Resorts and Flamingo Crossings Resorts have the option to add this service to their Disney World Package, online or via phone (800 327-2996). Arrangements must be made at least 3-days in advance, can be booked one way or round trip, accommodate up to 6 guests with a total of 6 medium bags and are pet friendly. Guests needing ADA accomodations are asked to call (407) 828-3500.
- Visiting Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in 2019? Be sure to check out this year’s Foodie Guide to plan your night in advance!
- Animal Kingdom jumped into the Holiday Spirit with new live entertainment, Tree of Life Holiday awakenings, a beautiful Christmas tree and more!
- Jingle Bell! Jingle Bam! a Holiday fireworks display, has returned to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Celebrating New Year’s Eve 2019 at Disney World? Be sure to make your reservations for these exciting events (online or by calling 407-824-1391)…
- Rootop celebrations at Toledo’s (Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort), Disney’s Riviera Resort or California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- New Year’s Eve Celebrations at the Fantasia Ballroom in Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Ink & Paint Club at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Pixar Party on the second level of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Atlantic City Dance Hall at Disney’s Boardwalk, Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa or Flying Fish in Disney Springs.
- The 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts is set to run from January 17, 2020 through February 24, 2020.
- Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Resort now offering breakfast from 7:00-10:00 am. Offering both quick service and grab and go options, guests can expect traditional breakfast items with a delicious African twist! Reservations not required for breakfast.
- New “Frozen 2” treats and experiences available at Epcot and around Disney World. Be sure to visit the Norway Pavilion to enjoy the most unique treats!
- Need a vacation home for your next Disney World Vacation? Consider Margaritaville Resort Orlando. These 2-5 bedroom vacation cottages are a new option that can be included with your Disney World Vacation Package. These accomodations must be booked by phone of via your travel agent.
- Disney’s 4-Park Magic Ticket is back!
- Tickets are $356 plus tax per adult ($89 per day)
- Includes one visit to each of Disney World’s Theme Parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
- Guest may add one water park day (Disney’s Blizzard Beach or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon) and one visit to the NBA experience for $40 plus tax per adult.
- Child pricing is available (3-9 yrs)
- Guest must choose first day of use; tickets will expire in full 7 days after first use.
- First use must be on or before Sep. 30, 2020.
- Visit disneyworld.com or your travel agent for details and purchase.
- Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of Disney’s Cinderella with Royal Enhancements during Magic Kingdom’s Early Morning Magic!
- Requires regular theme park ticket and separate Early Morning Magic ticket.
- Guests are allowed special access to Magic Kingdom park beginning at 7:45 am to enjoy a limited attraction offering and a breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s Cafe
- Announced anniversary inclusions-Cinderella character interactions and specially themed food.
- Tickets are $89 per adult; $79 per child
- Available February 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27 and March 3
- Visit disneyworld.com or your travel agent for details and purchase.
- Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays and the accompanying Foodie Guide details have been announced!
- Festival of the Holidays hits Disney’s California Adventure! Food, festivities and characters are all here to help you celebrate the Holiday Season.
- “Mickey’s Happy Holidays”, a high energy sing and dance along, will run twice daily at Paradise Gardens Park Obelisk and Carthay Circle
- Holiday Sunset Concerts present the Suffragettes (cover music), Phat Cat Swinger (Swing Music) and many others at the Palisades Stage.
- Runs Nov 8, 2019-Jan 6, 2020!
- Additionally, several attractions at both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure have received a special Holiday Makeover!
- Give the Gift of a Getaway, a new Disneyland Resort discount, was announced.
- Save up to 25% at Disneyland Resort HotelNew reservations only
- Book from now until March 14, 2020 for Sunday through Thursday stays January 5-April 16, 2020.
- Two rooms per reservation
Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa
- Big savings announced for Aulani stays for Spring 2020!
- Save up to 25% and receive a $150 resort credit for 4-night stays; save up to 30% and receive a $250 resort credit on 5-night stays
- Can be booked now until May 8, 2020 for stays March 1-June 13, 2020
- Two rooms per reservation excludes suites and 3-bedroom villas
Adventures by Disney
- Adventures by Disney offering discounts on River Cruise sailings
- Save $400 per person on certain Adventures by Disney River Cruise sailings and $250 per person on certain pre- and post- European excursions
- Book now through December 20, 2019 for travel May 1-October 31, 2020.
- Discover the Magic, a refurbished retail store, is now open at the Orlando International Airport. Forget your Magic Band or must have t-shirt? Stop in before heading for your Magical Express pickup! Forget a souvenir? Grab it here before boarding your plane for home!!
While this month has been relatively quiet in terms of announcements, Disney has certainly been busy gearing up for the Holidays. As we all take on our own Holiday business, I hope you also leave time to enjoy the quiet peace of the season. Remember your loved ones, take time for the extra snuggle and enjoy those around you!
All for Dreams Travel, a Gateway to Magic Travel Partner is the sponsored agency of Tips from the Disney Divas. They are happy to help you plan your next Disney Vacation-which would be a great gift to find under the tree this year!!