by Military Diva
Who’s ready for this month’s highlights? October has been relatively quiet compared to previous months. But there’s still a lot of new information!
Thankfully, the Disney Travel Company is always updating its products to meet consumer demand! Read on to see the updates we have been “treated” to this month!
Walt Disney World
- Epcot Forever, the new nighttime spectacular, made it’s debut! After many years, Illuminations came to an end and is temporarily being replaced with this new show. Visit #DisneyParksLIVE to watch on your own!
- Magic Kingdom’s Early Morning Magic returns on November 13! This separately ticketed reservation allows guests access to the park from 7:45 am-9:am. Admission is $89 per adult and $79 per child. The event includes a selection of attractions and breakfast, served from 8am-10am.
- Two Disney World Discounts were announced for early 2020 travel.
- Kids Delicious Dining offers free dining for kids along with a special arrival package-length of stay stroller rental, in-park 5×7 photo and a merchandise bag! Package must include room, tickets and a dining plan. Guests must travel between January 1 and March 7, 2020.
- Give the Gift of a Magical Stay is a room only discount saving guests up to 25%. It also includes a gift card of $30 per guest over the age of 3 when 6 day or longer tickets are added to the package. Guests must travel between January 1 and April 25, 2020.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Winter 2019 Tasting Sampler on sale now! Guests can purchase the digital gift card for $50 which can then be used at Disney’s Animal Kingdom outdoor food locations. Additional bonus details and menu items can be found on Disney Parks Blog.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa welcomes Enchanted Rose-a reimagineered lounge inspired by Beauty & the Beast.
- Holiday Dining Experiences begin November 8th around Disney World Property!
- Spend some time drawing your favorite “Villians” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Animation Experience. Visit the Conservation Station at Rafiki’s Planet Watch and learn from a pro!
- Disney Skyliner has reopened! After a brief closing due to technical difficulties, this new form of transportation is back up and running.
- Disney’s Minnie Van service has expanded to include several partner hotels. Guests of Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, Bonnet Creek Resorts and Flamingo Crossing Resorts (as well as all Disney World Resort guests) can add this one way service to their reservation by phoning (800) 327-2996. Your travel agent also has the ability to add this service online.
- Mobile Ordering now includes over 35 Disney World Quick Service locations. Save time ordering your next meal by following these simple steps from Passholder Diva.
- Build your own Super Hero Gauntlet! Visit Super Hero Headquarters at Disney Springs where you can purchase and customize your own Marvel Super Hero Gauntler, inspired by Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man or Spider-Man.
- Celebrate the upcoming release of “Frozen 2” with the new Walt Disney World Resort Treats!
- Magic Kingdom-Olaf’s Frozen Hot Chocolate Cake and Sven’s Carrot Cake
- Epcot-4 Pack Mini Spirit Cupcakes, Fall Cheesecake, Caramel Mousse, Frozen Orange Vanilla Cream Soda and Sven’s Apple Cheesecake
- Disney Springs-Chocolate Olaf, Pumpkin Spice Ganache Square, Chocolate Ganache Pop, Olaf Dole Whip Slushy, Anna & Elsa Petit Cake and Arrendelle Anna Petit Cake
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon-Elsa’s Frozen Wave
- Avengers: Damage Control is coming to Disneyland’s VOID! This all new virtual reality experience opened on October 18, for a limited time.
- Plaza de la Familia, a tribute to families and the Pixar Film Coco, is now being celebrated at Disney’s California Adventure.
Disney Cruise Line
- New details have been announced for Disney’s newest ship, the Disney Wish. Check out their video to see what we know so far!
- New enhancements coming to the Disney Wonder.
- French Quarter Lounge, a Princess and the Frog inspired setting , will welcome guests with jazz music, dancing and New Orleans flavored drinks.
- Cove Cafe, an adults only location, will offer coffee/tea by day and drinks by night.
- Vibe, the ship’s teen only lounge, has additional enhancements including a coffee bar and updated technology.
- Disney Cruise Guests will now receive a pre-arrival “Welcome Aboard” Booklet. These books are designed to help guests become familiar with their ship, activities and plan activities. Expect to receive your own booklet a week after booking!
There you have it, the short and sweet list of Disney Travel Company Updates from October 2019!
As always, remember that any type of Disney trip requires a bit of research and planning to maximize your experience. Keep watching our site for planning tips that help your family. Or contact All for Dreams Travel, a Gateway to Magic Travel Partner. We specialize in Disney and Universal vacations, All-inclusive trips, River Cruises and Military Travel.
*Gateway to Magic Travel is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.