by Military Diva
September is almost over and Fall is upon us! What does that mean for our Disney Followers? If you are planning on a Holiday vacation this year, you should be booking your trip now! I am hard at work preparing for late November and early December Fast Pass scheduling. Don’t let your opportunity for the best selections pass by!
Talking about opportunities, the Disney Travel Company has made several important announcements that have made many of us very happy! Continue reading below for location-by-location announcements for September 2019.
Walt Disney World Resort
- 2020 Military Discounts have been announced! Active/Guard/Reserve, retired (20 years) and 100% service disabled military members are eligible for fantastic room and ticket discounts from the Disney Travel Company.
- Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort reservations have been significantly. Book your room by phoning (407) 939-5277 for Disney World reservations; (714) 956-MICKEY for Disneyland reservations or by contacting your travel agent.
- NEW for 2020-Disney World tickets are available as 4, 5 or 6-day hopper passes ($265, $283 and $301). Park hopper plus passes are also available in 4, 5 or 6-day passes ($315, $333, and $351).
- Disneyland is offering 3 and 4-day hopper tickets ($184, $204), available for purchase on November 5, 2019.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance from your local base or Shades of Green. Tickets can also be purchased in person at a Disney ticket booth.
- Black out dates apply to Disney World Resort room reservations and Disneyland ticket use.
- Military Members can also purchase Disney World Memory Maker for $98 at the gate.
- New Photo Pass Studios now open at Walt Disney World Resort. Capture your family’s mamories in a professional studio setting “at the Marketplace at Disney Springs®, Sir Mickey’s at Magic Kingdom® Park, and on the second floor of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.” (DisneyParksBlog.com) No reservations are required, photos link to your “myDisneyexperience” account and are included with Memory Maker purchases.
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2020 dates have been announced! If visiting between January 17 and February 24, 2020 be sure to include a visit to Epcot in your plans.
- Special Ticket offer available for Florida Residents. The Florida Resident Seasonal Flex Ticket is available for use from now until February 29, 2020 (Blackout dates: November 21-28, Dec 18, 2019-January 2, 2020). 3-Day tickets are available for $249 plus tax; 4-Day tickets are available for $269 plus tax. Tickets must be purchased by December 17.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park open for New Year’s Eve! This year, Animal Kingdom will be open until midnight on New Year’s Eve (park typically closes between 8 and 9). Special pin trading events, food, drinks and a Tree of Life Countdown will highlight the evening.
- New details announced for Epcot’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind! This new coaster is packed full of family-friendly features and innovative designs. Videos of the new design can be viewed HERE!
- Disney’s Skyliner is now open! (September 29, 2019)
- WonderFall Flavors returning to Disney Springs from September 20-November 4, 2019. Check out Walt Disney World’s Foodie Guide to prepare you to enjoy all the delicous, autumn-inspired food and drinks available this year.
- Enhancements coming to Walt Disney World Port Orleans-French Quarter. Pumpkin Spice Beignets, expansions to Scat Cat’s lounge and Jazz Music five days a week are the most notable additions.
- Don’t forget to make plans for this year’s parties! Mickey’s Not Scary Halloween Party is being held now and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is being held in November and December.
- Reminder, Epcot’s Illuminations is coming to an end on September 30, It will be replaced with Epcot Forever, beginning on October 1. Watch the live debut of Epcot Forever at 8:50 pm on October 1st on #DisneyParksLIVE
- Disney’sTyphoon Lagoon is splashing into the Fall Festivities with a few new snacks. Be sure try a Pumpkin Milkshake, Pumpkin Cream Churro or Pumpkin Sundae.
- The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival will return from March 1-June 1, 2020. Stop by to catch a view of the most beautifully artistic gardening, delicious food and drinks. It’s a great way to use those extra snack credits or sample several flavors on a budget!
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios announced opening of Mickey Shorts Theater. Details have been scarce, but guests can expect a newly imagineered venue in the Theater District.
- Disney World and Disneyland Ticket discounts for Canadian Residents announced.
- Walt Disney World 4-day tickets, or longer, can be purchased at a 20% discount from now until February 7, 2020. Purchase online or via (407) 939-6599.
- Disneyland tickets can be purchased from now until February 16, 2020 online or via (800) 496-6337.
- Contact your travel agent for help with purchasing a room only or ticketless room package!
- Discount offered for Disney Visa Card Members. Save up to 30% on rooms at Disneyland Resort (Sun-Thurs, October 13-December 19, 2019) and Disney’s Grand Californian Resort and Spa. Book now through December 5, 2019.
- Public discount also available for Disneyland Resort rooms. Guests can save up to 25% at Disneyland Resort Hotel; up to 20% off standard rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, 25% off premium rooms.
- Halloween is now in full swing at Disneyland Resort and Disney’s California Adventure! Experience haunting, yet family-friendly decorations, shows attractions and of course FOOD!!
- “Halloween Screams”, Disneyland’s evening projection/firework show is now being shown nightly!
- Fall Flavors found throughout the Disneyland Resort from now-October 31, 2019. Check out Disneyland’s Foodie Guide to help you prepare to enjoy all the delicous, autumn-inspired food and drinks.
- Plaza de la Familia Regresa returns to Disney’s California Adventure park, now until November 3, 2019. Celebrating the love of “Coco” and the love of family, guests can enjoy…
- “Asies!” A Musical Celebration of Coco
- Arbol de la Vida wall of memories
- Meet Miguel between performances
- Traditional Mexican food can be found at Paradise Garden Grill
- Pedestrian Bridge now available for guests walking between Disneyland Resort Parking and Downtown Disney District.
- Can’t wait for “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” to hit theatres? Catch a sneakpeak nightly, for a limited time, at the Sunset Showcase Theater.
Disney Cruise Line
- Early 2021 Itineraries have been announced! Sailings include New Orleans to the Bahamas, Western Caribbean and Panama Canal; Galveston, TX to the Western Caribbean; San Diego to Baja and the Mexican Riviera; traditional Florida ports to the Bahamas and Caribbean.
- Onboard credit changes coming to future bookings. Guests onboard a Disney ship are often enticed into booking future cruises with huge incentives. These incentives are changing to include the removal of onboard credits for future bookings. (50% off deposit for 7-night sailings and standard 10% discount for staterooms 4A-11C remains.) Changes begin September 28, 2019 (Fantasy); September 30 (Magic, Wonder, Dream).