by Military Diva
Happy Days! We are quickly moving into summer, sunshine and hopefully travel. Policies are changing and the world is beginning to reopen! Destinations everywhere, including the European Union have announced plans to welcome tourists back. Follow along the read the exciting events that have happened this month within the World of Disney.
Walt Disney World
- Disney World Park Reservations and “Know Before You Go”-Disney World is still requiring Park Reservations and tickets for entry to the parks. Guests should secure their reservations as soon as tickets are purchased, to ensure the best availability. Guests are also encouraged to read Disney World’s “Know Before You Go” mini-site before traveling for all the current policies and updates.
- Mask Updates-Guests are now permitted to remove their masks outdoors in public areas of the Walt Disney World Resort. Masks must be worn from the beginning of attraction queues to the exit of the attraction, in theaters, shops, and other indoor locations. The “Know Before You Go” site is your best source for updated policy information.
- Parking Updates-self parking is still available at all Disney World locations. As before the pandemic, resort guests that have a car will be charged a self-parking fee (Value $15/night, Moderate $20/night, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts $25/night). Resort guests do not pay for standard parking at the Disney World Parks. Valet parking is also available for guests with a valid disability parking permit. Standard valet parking will return to the Disney World Resorts in the coming months!
- Disney World Room Discounts-Guests planning to visit a Disney World Resort from July 11-September 29 may be eligible for up to 25% off the room portion of their package. Room must be booked by August 28 to be eligible.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, a 2-night all-inclusive vacation experience, will open in 2022! New details were announced this month! Guests will enter their Launch Pod, make a hyperspace jump, and land on their Halcyon Cruiser where they will spend the next two nights! While onboard, guests can expect to mingle with locals while enjoying special dining experiences, training, and more!
- Dining Updates-a few fan favorite dining locations reopened this month or will be reopening shortly!
- Chef Mickey’s dinner returned on May 16th. Guests will be treated to an all -you-can-eat family style dinner Mickey, Minnie & friends! Breakfast is still available for $42/adult, $27/child. Dinner pricing is $55/adult, $36/child and includes salads, sides, vegetables, and entree options such as Prime Rib, Roasted Salmon, Roast Turkey Breast, or Tofu Bowl. Plant based options and kids selections are also available. And of course, there’s dessert!!
- Cape May Cafe reopened for breakfast and dinner on May 18th. The experience will look a bit different than in the past-characters will not appear for breakfast and dinner will be served family style instead of buffet. Breakfast is $25/adult and $14/child and includes pastries, fruit parfaits, omelets, and hot breakfast options (Mickey Waffles, pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, and potatoes). Dinner is priced at $$42/adult, $25/child. Dinner includes a variety of breads, salad, dessert and choice on entree-seafood boil, lobster mac & cheese, turf platter, portobello steak, or tofu platter. Guests can add steamed crab legs for $29/lb or whole Maine lobster for $35.
- Tusker House Restaurant will reopen later this summer! (no date yet). Characters will visit responsible while guests enjoy an all-you-can-eat family style meal.
- Resort Reopening Schedule
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort-May 30, 2021
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge-June 6, 2021
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn-July 2, 2021
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort-July 2021
- Refurbishment Schedule
- The Wave…of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will close this summer as the space is prepared for this year’s 50th Anniversary Celebration.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon is still closed at this time.
- Traditional parades and character experiences and evening shows are on pause. Guests can instead enjoy Spontaneous Character Cavalcades and distanced character interactions.
- Resort and front-of-the-park package delivery is suspended. Guests can opt to have their packages shipped directly from the shops to their home (US addresses only).
- Disney Skyliner’ Epcot service will be suspended from January 23-January 28, 2022 for maintenance. This line runs directly between Epcot, Disney’s Riviera Resort, and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. During this time, guests will be transported via Disney Bus Service.
- Enhanced Medical Services now available via AdventHealth. The Walt Disney World Resort has teamed up with AdventHealth to help meet guest’s medical needs both in advance of travel and for those needing service while onsite.
- Travelers can contact a Advent Health Care Concierge in advance to be sure their existing medical needs will be met. Services such as medial equipment rental, ECV rental, physical therapy, and more can be arranged through the app.
- Feeling unwell while traveling? Visit the website for information of local pharmacies, pediatric care centers, and more. Guests can also video call a local provider for more specific care and advice.
- .Halloween Updates-The traditional Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will not occur this year. Disney After Hours BOO Bash! will be held instead.
- Disney After Hours BOO Bash will run on select nights from August 10-October 31, 2021.
- The party will be held from 9 pm to midnight. Guests with tickets can enter Magic Kingdom at 7 pm. (Select dates in August and September will be held from 9:30-12:30)
- Guests can expect seasonal Character Cavalcades, special performances, and treat stops!
- All guests, young and old, are invited to dress up for the occasion. Adults (over 14) are not permitted to wear character masks.
- Tickets should go on sale next month!
- A Celebration of the Festival of the Lion King, a modified version of the original show, opened on May 15 in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Magical Extras Updates-as the ESPN WWOS complex remains closed, guests are encouraged to redeem their Magical Extras vouchers at one of Disney’s Miniature Golf locations. ESPN vouchers can be redeemed for 18 holes of golf at Disney’s Fantasia Gardens or Fairways Miniature Golf.
- Margaritaville Resort Orlando, can now be booked as part of a Walt Disney World Package. Combine the benefits of this amazing property with the convenience of resort and tickets bundled together. Located offsite (but nearby), this resort boasts two to five bedroom cottages, full kitchens, resort style pools, onsite dining, and transportation to the Walt Disney Ticket and Transportation Center. Bonus, pets are permitted and some units have private pools! Guests can book by calling the Walt Disney Travel Company, All for Dreams Travel, or your own travel agent.
- Disneyland Park Reservations and “Know Before You Go”-Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa are open for California Residents! (Proof of residency may be required) At this time they require both Park Reservations and tickets for entry to the parks. Guests are able to book their park reservations up to 60 days in advance and are advised to check theme park reservation availability prior to purchasing tickets. Guests are also encouraged to read Disneyland’s “Know Before You Go” mini-site before traveling for all the current policies and updates.
- Mask and Screening Updates-Guests ages 2 and older are required masks in all public areas of the Disneyland Resort. Guests will also be screened for elevated temperatures in some locations. The “Know Before You Go” site is your best source for updated policy information.
- Tickets and Park Hopping-again, guests are required to have park reservations for each day they plan to visit. Check the theme park reservation availability calendar, book your tickets, then immediately book your park reservations. Guest with Park Hopper passes need only book the park they will enter at the start of the day. At 1:00, they are free to hop to the next park (as long as it has not reached capacity). Park Reservations are not required for the second park.
- Resort and Dining Updates
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will open to California Residents on June 15, 2021. Food and dining options will not initially be offered at this location.
- Napa Rose will open on May 28, 2021, tempting guests with their traditional Vintner prix fix menu or an a la carte option.
- Storyteller’s Cafe will also reopen on May 28, 2021. While characters will not appear at this time, guests can still enjoy a delicious three-course breakfast or dinner.
- Avenger’s Campus will begin welcoming new guests on June 4, 2021. Guests can immerse themselves in the world of the Avengers, slinging WEBs and gearing up for their next adventure. And of course, refill with some amazing food! Pym Testing Kitchen, Pym Tasting Lab, and Shawarma Palace will offer unique meals, snacks and drinks via mobile order. Terran Treats, a unique food cart, will offer drinks and snacks with souvenir options. Check out the new Avenger’s Campus Foodie Guide to help plan your dining adventure!
Disney Cruise Line
- New Disney Wish-what to expect!
- Bookings opened this month! Platinum Castaway Cay Members were able to begin booking on May 20, 2021. Booking opened for Gold Members on May 24, DVC and Adventures by Disney Adventure Insiders on May 25, Silver Members on May 26, and all other guests on May 27.
- Unique dining experiences will be with an all new Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge, updated Palo dining space featuring Cogsworth (Beauty & the Beast) themes, and a new Enchante by Chef Arnaud Lallement featuring Lumiere themes.
- Wish Tower Suite-a new, almost 2000 sq ft suite, located in the forward funnel! This luxurious suite can accommodate up to 8 guests with an upper loft, two bedrooms, a children’s room, library/bedroom combo, four and a half baths, open dining area, and a bar! Inspired by Moana, this suite boasts special lighting, decor, effects and of course a personal concierge team and private elevator!
- H-2 Whoa is an all new, water attraction that will drop guests into the animated world of Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
- New Wedding Venue available for guests wishing to tie the know while onboard! Dates for this service begin with June 2, 2022 sailings.
- Temporary Suspensions
- Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy sailings through July 2021 are canceled.
- Disney Wonder sailings through July 12, 2021 are canceled.
As we continue to mover forward through this pandemic, it is refreshing to read more updates than cancelations. As parents and travelers, we are grateful for the diligent work of the Disney Travel Company. We appreciate every effort that has been taken to entertain our families while keeping us safe. We relish the “normalcy” of visiting these Magical destinations, reminding us to have hop.
And, as the owner of All for Dreams Travel, I would like to take a moment to thank all of our readers for their continued support. Most importantly, I would like to thank every traveler that has used my services during this past year. Your trust in our ability to help you safely navigate this environment has been priceless. And your loyalty to our business has kept us afloat when we have watched many businesses shut their doors. Thank you for all you have done for our business and our family this year! May you all remain healthy and return to safe travels in the near future.
All for Dreams Travel is an independent agency with Gateway Travel/Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.