by Military Diva
Happy Memorial Day and Welcome to Summer!
I can’t believe we have closed out another school year here in the mid-west and are already gearing up for summer. And I can’t believe how normal our update article looks this month! We are so pleased to announce the return of Disneyland’s Fantasmic!, the opening of Guardian’s of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at Epcot, and the reopening of the Harmony Barber Shop at Disney’s Magic Kingdom. And as always, we love reading about all of your travels. Read on below for this month’s list of Disney Travel News & Updates!
Walt Disney World
- Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind opened to the public on May 27! Guests will need to access the Virtual Queue or purchase an ILL to enjoy this all new attraction. Stand by lines will not be available.
- 7 AM Virtual Queue-Guests with valid tickets and a Park Pass Reservation for Epcot have their first chance to reserve a boarding group (virtual queue). Guests DO NOT need to be in the park to try at 7 am
- 1 PM Virtual Queue-Guests with valid tickets and a Park Pass Reservation have their second chance to reserve a boarding group. All guests in the travel party hoping to ride must be in Epcot prior to 1 AM.
- 6 PM Virtual Queue on Epcot Deluxe Extended Hours nights-Guests of Disney Deluxe Resorts that have vaild tickets and a Park Pass Reservation for Epcot or a Park Hopper ticket can try to book a boarding group for use during the Extended Evening Hours.
- Individual LIghtning Lane is also available for guests with valid tickets and a Park Pass Reservation for Epcot. Disney World Onsite guests can begin booking at 7 AM; offsite guests can begin booking at park opening. The prices have ranged from $14-17 per guest.
- NEW! Magic Band+ coming this summer! These fresh new bands will offer all of the technology guests have been familiar using (resort key, ticket access, LL access, room charging, etc) but also offer exciting new opportunities to bring the 50th Anniversary Sculptures to life, join the “Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters” experience, watch your bands interact during nighttime spectaculars and more!
- Harmony Barber Shop is reopening on July 31st. This guest favorite location has been a staple for Main Street pixie dust and first time haircuts for generations. The reservation system will open on June 28. A limited number of walk up appointments may also be available.
- 2023 Bookings and Genie+ Updates
- 2023 packages will be available for booking on June 8. Be sure to contact Patricia with All for Dreams Travel to get on the wait list for next year’s bookings!
- Beginning June 8, guests will no longer be able to include length-of-stay Genie+ with their ticket purchase. Genie+ will be a day-of purchase only after this date.
- 2022 Eat to the Beat Concert Lineup Announced for this years Epcot International Food and Wine Festial (July 14-November 19). In addition to the lineup, reservations also opened for Eat to the Beat Dining Packages.
- July 14-15 – Baha Men
- July 16-18 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- July 29-30 – Taylor Dayne
- July 31-Aug. 1 – Tiffany
- Aug. 5-8 – Joey Fatone & Friends
- Aug. 12-13 – The Devon Allman Project
- Aug. 14-15 – Christopher Cross
- Aug. 19-20 – Journey former Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
- Aug. 21-22 – Air Supply
- Sept. 2-3 – Southern Avenue
- Sept. 4-5 – Kris Allen & David Cook
- Sept. 9-10 – Hoobastank (NEW)
- Sept. 16-17 – Los Amigos Invisibles (NEW)
- Sept. 23-24 – BBMak
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1 – Stokley (NEW)
- Oct. 2-3 – Sheila E.
- Oct. 7-8 – Mark Wills
- Oct. 9-10 – 38 Special
- Oct. 23-24 – Billy Ocean
- Oct. 28-31 – Hanson
- Nov. 4-7 – Boyz II Men
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Refurbishment Update-from early October through early Decemer the Congress Park pool and Treehouse Villas pool will be closed for updates. Guests are encouraged to use the HIgh Rock Springs Pool, the Paddock Pool, and the Grandstand Leisure Pool as alternates.
- “Fantasmic” returns!!! This fan favorite nighttime spectacular returned to the Rivers of America just in time to celebrate its 30th Anniversary, with a few updates! At this time, guests wishing to view the experience must have valid tickets and a Park Pass Reservation for Disneyland for that day.
- “Tale of the Lion King” opened in Disneyland’s Fantasyland Theater this month as part of the Disney Parks Celebrate Soulfully experience.
Disney Cruise Line
- Early Summer 2023 bookings are now available across all Disney Cruise LIne ships!
- Disney Cruise Line final payments extension and flexibility policy has been extended to include sailings through December 31, 2022. Affected guests should have received SeaMail sent directly to their email address on file.
- Return to “The Last Frontier” with Disney Cruise Lines from Vancouver Canada to Alaska! Guests are delighted to enjoy the return of this sailing aboard the Disney Wonder.
- PreSail Testing Updates, beginning with June 7 sailings
- Vaccinated Guests
- All vaccine eligible guests must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to board.
- They must also show proof of a negative Covid-19 test taken within 2 days of sailing. (paid by guest). The test must be an NAAT, parid PCE, or lab based PCR; Rapid Antigen test results are not accepted.
- Test results must be uploaded to the Guest’s Safe Passage account by midnight on the night before Embarkation.
- Approved guest will no longer need to test at the port.
- Guests that do not provide negative test results will be able to test at port, at their own expense.Tests will be $74 plux tax for initial antigen test; $125 plus tax for follow up PCR confirmation test.
- Guests ineligible for Covid-19 Vaccine
- Guests age 4 and under must provide negative Covid-19 test results, taken within 3 days of sailing (paid by guest).The test must be an NAAT, rapid PCR, or lab based PCR. Rapid Antigen test results are not accepted.
- Test results must be uploaded to the parent’s Safe Passage account by midnight on the night before Embarkation.
- Guests age 4 and under will be given a second Covid-19 test at port, prior to boarding, paid for by the Disney Cruise Line.
- Vaccinated Guests
- Pre-booking capability returns for “it’s a small world” nursery onboard Disney Ships. Guests can begin reserving their child’s space based on the followng schedule…
- 130 Day Concierge Booking Window
- 120 Day Platinum Booking Window
- 105 Day Gold Booking Window
- 90 Day Silver Booking Window
- 75 Day First Time Booking Window
Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
- Disney Visa Cardmembers can save up to 35% on stays Augut 23-November 18 and November 26-December 22, 2022. Guests staying 5 nights receive a 35% discount on rooms; guests staying 4 nights receive a 30% discount. Guests staying over 4 nights will also receive a $150 resort credit.
- Aunty’s Beach House reopened this month!! Parents can reserve up to 1.5 hours of complimentary, scheduled activity time on the “Uncle’s side” of the playhouse between 8 am and 2 pm daily. Additionally, premium reservations of up to 2 hours can be made on “Auntie’s side” during the same hours. In the evening, from 4 pm-9 pm, the house will welcome families with a mix of activities and entertainment.
Well, that’s a wrap for May updates! We can’t wait to read about your experiences with Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and we would love to see photos of your Harmony Barber Shop experiences. Other than that, all we can say is “Come on Fantasmic! and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!” Your fans are waiting!!
Have a great summer and travel well everyone! And as always, consider contacting Patricia Payne with All for Dreams Travel for help with your travel needs. Patricia Payne is an independent agent with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Travel Planner.