by Military Diva
What a year it has been so far! As we look to turn back the clocks this weekend, I know many of us are also hoping to reset our lives to pre-Covid disruption! While I can’t offer any tips for accomplishing that task, I can update you on all the news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, and Adventures by Disney.
And this month it’s mostly good news!
Walt Disney World
- Know Before You Go and Park Reservations are still an integral part of your Disney World Vacation- for the most up-to-date information on safety and resort policies, guests are advised to visit the Know Before You Go link on the Disney World Website. Park Reservations and park tickets are still required to enter a Disney World Park. Guests are being advised to check the Park Reservation availability calendar before booking a package or purchasing tickets. Finalize package/ticket purchase, immediately link in the “myDisneyexperience” account, and book park reservations. NOTE: guests are required to book their park reservations on their own. Travel agents, friends, or other contacts should not book for another party as the reservation includes a legally binding COVID waiver.
- Chef Mickey’s reopening soon! On December 16, 2020, Mickey and Friends will return to breakfast at Chef Mickey’s! Your meal will now be served “All-You-Can-Eat Family Style” rather than the traditional buffet experience. Details can be found HERE in Pixie Dusted Diva’s article.
- Refurbishment Updates–
- Frozen Ever After at Epcot will be undergoing refurbishments from November 2-6, 2020.
- The Big Blue Pool at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will be closed for refurbishment from January 11 until early April 2021.
- An up to date list of all current refurbishments and closings can be found at both DisneyTravelTradeInfo.com/WDW and the Know Before You Go section of Disney World’s website (Your Guide to Updated Experiences).
- Disney World Mini Golf Updates-
- Dining Updates for Disney’s Hollywood Studios-new dishes are now available at both ABC Commissary and Hollywood & Vine! Full menu details can be found HERE!
- ABC Commissary is now offering new sandwiches, plant-based options, tacos, rice bowls, and kid options.
- Minnie’s Halloween Dine at Disney’s Hollywood & VIne! offers similar food offerings as before, but they are now served as a tableside three-course meal (no buffet). Characters are close by (socially distanced of course!) for photos.
- Special Memory Maker Offer-guests that purchase Disney’s Memory Maker and activate it between now and November 30, 2020, will be able to download all photos/videos taken on site until the end of the year. This is an extension of the standard 30-day download timeframe.
- Disney’s All Star Movies Resort is reopening!! The Disney Travel Company is reporting a reopening date of February 6, 2021. Reservations can be made now for the opening date and beyond.
- Walt Disney World’s Book with Confidence Policy has been extended to include bookings through April 30, 2021. Guests hoping to travel within this window can now cancel or modify their reservations without penalty, up until the day of check-in.
- New discounts are available! Guests visiting January 3-April 17, 2021 can save up to 35% on rooms at select Disney World Resorts.
- Late 2021 bookings are now available to book! Until now, Disney World reservations could only be made until late September 2021. The entire year has now opened for booking.
- Epcot Festival Updates!
- Epcot Internation Food & Wine Festival is being held now through November 22, 2020.
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays will run from November 27-December 30, 2020.
- Epcot Festival of Arts is set to occur January 80-February 22, 2021
- Walt Disney World Entrance updates underway! The famed Gateways that welcome guests into “The Most Magical Place on Earth” and the Magic Kingdom Park Auto Plaza are being made over to match the recent color updates on Cinderella’s Castle.
- Everglades Donuts & Cold Brew making its debut at Disney Springs! Expected on the West Side, near Splittsville and the Orange Parking garage, this sweet new location will offer the most extraordinary yeast and cake donuts as well as specialty coffee.
- Enchanted Extras return to Walt Disney World! Guests can now make reservations online for the following experiences, 60 days in advance. All other available experiences will need to be booked via phone.
- Droid Depot
- Savi’s Workshop
- Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
- Disneyland still remains closed. Guests with resort bookings now through November 7, 2020, should be receiving email communication from the Disney Travel Company detailing their options.
- New Halloween collection arriving at the new Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop. Located at the East entrance of Downtown Disney’s Stage 17, guests will find seasonal apparel, mickey ears, plush, home goods, and more inside!
- Downtown Disney District phased reopening expands! Beginning in November, guests can now enjoy even more shopping and dining than before! Downtown Disney has extended its openings to Buena Vista Street, adding Elias & Co, Julius Katz & Sons, Trolley Treats, Carthay Circle Lounge, and more!
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line returns to Hawaii in early 2022!
- Disney Wonder roundtrip from Vancouver to Honolulu, 10-night cruise departs on April 26, 2022
- Second sailing departs May 6, 2020
- Booking is now available
- Final Payment Temporary Extension is being applied to guests currently booked on Disney Cruise Line sailings through May 31, 2021. The final payment for guests with unrestricted cabins is now due 60 days prior to departure. Cruise cancelation fees have also been temporarily modified. Affected guests should receive seamail with details.
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
- New details released for Aulani’s phased reopening.
- Resort reopening planned for November 1, 2020.
- Visiting guests should visit Aulani’s “Know Before You Go“. for the most up to date safety details and procedures.
- It is also recommended that guests become familiar with Hawaii’s travel requirements and restrictions prior to travel at GoHawaii.com
- Guests must be free of Covid-19 symptoms.
- All guests over age 2 are required to wear masks in public areas.
- Guests and cast members are asked to practice social distancing.
- Aulani introduced a new mobile app where guests can
- Manage reservations
- Complete online check-in
- Learn about daily activities
- View recommended “places of interest” on the map
Adventures by Disney
- Adventures by Disney offering Private Adventures in 2021.
- Travel party can include up to 12 guests
- Traditional Adventures by Disney guide(s) will accompany your party
- No minimum age requirement on most private adventures
- Private Adventures travel to 5 destinations-Costa Rica, Egypt, Greece, Italy, or Peru.
- Adventures by Disney departures through January 31, 2021, are suspended. Affected guests are being offered a 100% placeholder credit to be used on a future departure. Guests have until June 30, 2021, to select new dates of travel.
As I said in the opening, this month has offered mostly good news. We are all awaiting news on Disneyland’s reopening. We are holding out hope for Disney Cruise Line sailings. And we are desperately wanting to hear the “all clear” sound indicating it is safe to travel again.
All for Dreams Travel and several agents from Gateway to Magic Travel will be visiting both Disney World and Universal Orlando Resorts in early November. Stay tuned for personal updates concerning travel safety, destination protocols, crowd levels, and more! And as always, be sure to contact All for Dreams Travel for your vacation needs!
*All for Dreams Travel is an independent agency with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.