by Military Diva
While I was hoping to offer a short, standard update article this month, Hurricane Ian had different plans! In true fashion, Disney World and Disney Cruise Line have gone above and beyond to make accommodations for guests affected by this dangerous storm. Read on below for the current Hurricane policies, Covid policies, and other announcements affecting the World of Disney this mongh!
Walt Disney World
- Hurricane Ian Updates
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and mini-golf locations will be closed on Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29
- All of the Disney World Parks closed Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29
- Disney World is not enforcing cancelation policies for dining and experiences during this closure
- Disney World Package and Room cancelation and change fees are being waved for guests booked to travel September 26-October 6, 2022
- Guests with ticket-only purchases from September 26-October 6 can apply the purchase cost of any unused tickets on future dates from now until September 2023.
- Disney World Park Pass Modifications-Disney World is still requiring Park Pass Reservations as well as valid park admission to enter the parks. Guests are urged to make their reservations as soon as their packages/tickets are purchased. And after last month’s update, the process is a bit easier!
- Guests with different types of tickets can now make Park Pass Reservations together.
- Guests with multiple tickets can select which ticket they are using for each Park Pass Reservation.
- Reservations can be made for up to 30 ticketed guests at the same time.
- Park Pass Reservations can now be modified! They do not need to be canceled and rebooked.
- Guests will now receive both a confirmation number and an emailed confirmation.
- During the booking process, guests can select the email address where the confirmation is sent by selecting “change” next to the lead guest’s email.
- Disney Genie+ Updates- as of last month guests can now view their next Lightning Lane booking time on the banner of their Tip Board! No more remembering when you booked your last Lightning Lane and no more second guessing if it is 2 hours after the 7 am booking or 2 hours after park opening (It’s 2 hours after official park opening or after scanning into your first Lightning Lane, FYI!!). Just look to your tip board and you will see the exact time when you can make your next Genie+ selection!
- Disney+ Subscribers were offered up to 20% off room bookings for travel dates from December 11-25, 2022. One guest in the main room must be a Disney+ account holder and can book two additional rooms. The offer can be booked online, via phone, or through your travel agent.
- Save 20% at Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts-Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Old Key West, Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Save 15% off of stays booked at Disney’s Art of Animation (Family Suites), Disney’s Port Orleans Resort— French Quarter and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort— Riverside
- Save 10% when staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort and Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Walt Disney World Refurbishments
- Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be undergoing balcony updates beginning on September 26 and ending in November.
- D23 Announcements for Walt Disney World
- The following should be completed for 2023: EPCOT ‘s World Celebration neighborhood, Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana, Figment Character Meet & Greet, TRON/Lightcycle Run, the “Happily Ever After” theme song will return to a new nighttime spectacular at Disney’s Magic Kingdom, the Hatbox Ghost will make an appearance at the Haunted Mansion
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, the new upgrade to Splash Mountain, will hopefully reach completion in 2024.
- Fall Treats have hit the parks of Walt Disney World!
- EPCOT-Caramelized Apple Liege Waffle with caramelized white chocolate and graham cracker streusel, Dark Chocolate Halloween Cupcake with dark chocolate mousse (1-/28-10/31), Donald Candy Corn Sipper, S’mores Brownie with a pumpkin Mickey, Monster Mousse: Caramel mousse and apple-caramel filling on a shortbread cookie (10/28-10/31), and Glow-in-the-Dark Mickey Mummy Popcorn Bucket
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios-Black Widow Tart: Spiced milk chocolate tart filled with orange curd, pomegranate molasses whipped cream, candied orange peel, and a dark chocolate spider, Frozen Apple Cider, Spiced Caramel Apple: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, apple cider, cranberry, and salted caramel, Graveyard Cupcake: Fudge-filled Chocolate cupcake topped with cookies and cream buttercream, chocolate cookie tombstone, white chocolate bone, and Halloween sprinkles, Pumpkin Patch Cookie: Pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookie topped with pumpkin spice buttercream and pumpkin candies, Mickey Mummy Cookie, Sweet Poison: Coconut rum, blue curaçao beverage syrup, rum, and pineapple juice, Candy Corn Milkshake, Halloween Candy Cookie Pizza, Pumpkin Mousse: Pumpkin cheesecake with a cinnamon sugar-dusted apple cider cake, raspberry dark chocolate stem and purple buttercream, Pumpkin Lunch Box Tart, Glow-in-the-Dark Mickey Mummy Popcorn Bucket, Donald Candy Corn Sipper
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom-Glow-in-the-Dark Mickey Mummy Popcorn Bucket
- Disney Springs-Black Flame Candle Petit Cake: Devil’s Food biscuit, apricot jam, brandy simple syrup, caramel mousse, and candied pecan crunch, Pumpkin Apple Tart, Pumpkin Crème Brûlée, Monster Margarita: Patron Silver Tequila, Grand Marnier, sweet-and-sour, black cherry, green apple, and lime juice, Minnie Ghost Pinata: Dark chocolate pinata filled with treats, Sisters’ Elixir Hot Cocoa Bomb, Caramel Skulls: Dark chocolate filled with caramel ganache, Apple Whiskey Ganache Squares, Autumn Smash: Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, pear nectar, lemon juice, simple syrup, and cinnamon stick garnish, Jack Skellington Bubble Waffle Sundae, Sour Apple Margarita, Ghoul Juice: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Blue Curaçao, sweet-and-sour, cranberry juice, and grenadine, Witch’s Flight: Pumpkin soft-serve, purple cheesecake soft-serve, and DOLE Whip, Oogie Boogie DOLE Whip Nachos: Pistachio soft-serve, whip cream, raspberry boba pearls, and waffle chips, Angry Orchard Pumpkin Float, ack O Lantern Float: Vanilla gelato, Fanta Orange, and whipped cream, Monster Shake: Mint chocolate chip shake, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream, Vampire Float: Vanilla gelato, Sprite, and whipped cream
- Kite Tails at Disney’s Animal Kingdom ended on September 30.
- Disney After Hours is returning to Magic Kingdom in January!
- Park Pass Reservations as well as valid tickets are still required for Disneyland theme park entry. Be sure to check the availability calendar prior to purchasing your tickets or packages!
- Disney Visa Cardmember Discount-guests can save up to 15% on select rooms at Disneyland Resorts. Book now through December 15, 2022. Travel must be completed by December 23, 2022.
- D23 Announcements for Disneyland
- runDisney races are returning to Disneyland in 2024!
- a new Multiverse attraction will be added to Avenger’s Campus and The Incredible Hulk will be making appearances in the area
- Big HERO 6 will be transforming the Pacific Wharf into San Fransokyo
- Mickey’s Toontown will be refreshed with new, inclusive experiences
- Paradise Pier is being transformed into Pixar Place Hotel
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, the newly themed Splash Mountain, is expected to be revealed in 2024
- The Mandalorian and Grogu are expected to begin Meet & Greets at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge this November
- Disney 100 Years of Wonder Celebration kicks off with two new, nighttime spectaculars!
- “World of Color-One” will celebrate the legacy of Walt Disney at Disney’s California Adventure.
- “Wondrous Journeys”, a new fireworks show at Disneyland Park, will celebrate all 60 Walt Disney Animation Studios films
- Magic Band+ coming to Disneyland Resort this FALL! Guests can use it in place of their ticket or Magic Key pass, check into Lightning Lanes, capture PhotoPass photos, and interact in ways never done before!
Disney Cruise Line
- Hurricane Ian Update
- September 3 sailing of the Disney Wish was canceled
- The September 26 sailing of the Disney Wish will return to Port Canaveral on October 1.
- The Disney Fantasy may return to Port Canaveral later than expected on October 1. This may result in a later departure of that day’s departure.
- Covid-19 testing and vaccine requirements
- Guests on back-to-back sailings of the Disney Magic, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish, and Disney Wonder no longer need to test for Covid-19 between sailings; Guests on back-to-back sailings of the Disney Magic through November 7 will continue to test between sailings. This mandate will end on November 7, 2022.
- Beginning October 14, Covid Vaccines will no longer be required aboard Disney Cruise Line ships. According to the Disney site, “All Guests ages 5 years and older who are not fully vaccinated (Unvaccinated Guests) will need to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 1-2 days before the sail date. Guests ages 4 years of age and younger do not require testing.” Vaccinated guests will not be required to test!
- Disney Cruise Line will be setting sail to Australia and New Zealand in late October 2023.
- A Disney+ Subscribers Discount was announced for guests traveling on select sailings aboard the Disney Magic, Disney Dream, and Disney Fantasy from January-April, 2023. If the discount applies guests three and four sail free with two full fared guests in the same stateroom.
- D23 Announcements for Disney Cruise Line
- DisneyTreasure, the cruise line’s newest ship, was announced at this year’s conference. The Disney Cruise Line’s 6th ship is planning to set sail in 2024!
A lot has changed this month for the Disney Travel Company. Updated vaccine requirements, a few new discounts, and Halloween parties have been a highlight of this month. However, we have been most overjoyed to hear from our friends in Florida and on the ships in the Caribbean. We are grateful for your safety and your compassion for your job. We thank you for taking care of us during normal travel periods. We are especially grateful for your dedication during hurricane season. Thank you for all you do!
If you would like assistance planning your next vacation, consider contacting Patricia with All for Dreams Travel. Patricia is an independent agent with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.