by Military Diva
If you’ve been on social media in the past week you’ve seen some big announcements from the Disney Travel Company. In addition to the normal updates, the most exciting Disney Update this month was Disney World’s new Dining + Plan! This new plan offers guests the standard refillable mug, two snacks and two meal credits per guest per night. This plan, however, does not differentiate between Quick Service and Table Service credits-you choose how to use all meal credits!
Keep reading below for this month’s rundown of Disney Travel News and Updates!
- Capture Your Moment, a New personalized photoshoot, can be booked for Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Sessions run $50 for 20 minutes of photography in some of Magic Kingdom’s most iconic locations. Guests also have the option of booking two back to back sessions for $100, allowing for 40 minutes of photography at two different Magic Kingdom locations. Photo downloads and prints extra, unless Memory Maker has been purchased. Phone 407-939-7758 to book your Magic Kingdom Photo Session! Additional details, rules, and restrictions can be found HERE
- Fast Pass+ Service now available for the all-new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway in Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Travel dates beginning March 4, 2020)
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, a two day, two-night immersive vacation experience, will be available for bookings later this year for stays beginning in 2021. Enter the world of Star Wars and live out your dreams on a Starcruiser!
- Disney Villians After Hours, a separately ticketed evening event, has returned to the Magic Kingdom!
- Guests with tickets can enter Magic Kingdom at 7 pm with regular park goers on the night of the event; After Hours event occurs from 10 pm to 1 am on the dates listed below
- Event includes “Villians Unite the Night” stage show, DJ Dance Party at the Castle Forecourt Stage, specialty complimentary snacks and beverages as well as event-specific treats available for purchase, Villian overlays for Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain, special photo opportunities, event merchandise and access to over 20 Magic Kingdom attractions with low wait times. (No character meet and greet opportunities.)
- Tickets are $145 plus tax if purchased in advance; $155 plus tax night of, at the gate
- Dates include March 11, 18, 27; April 3, 10, 17, 24; May 1, 8, 14, 2229; June 5, 12, 19, 26; July 6, 10
- Fans of American fare, craft beers, and sports have a new place to gather in Disney Springs! City Works Eatery & Pour House features American favorites paired with over 90 craft beers. Indoor seating, large outdoor patio seating, and HUGE hi-def TVs can all be found on Disney Springs West Side. Currently listed as a Casual Dining location that accepts some Disney Dining Plans.
- Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day and the 25th Anniversary of the Disney Conservation Fund at Disney’s Animal Kingdom with special events planned for April 18-22. “Each day of festivities includes a stellar lineup of expert speakers and entertainment; behind-the-scenes tours; specialty food and beverage; limited-edition merchandise signings; character greetings; photo opportunities; special Wilderness Explorers activities for kids – and MORE! (www.DisneyParksBlog.com)
- Cinderella Castle transformations planned for 2021. Big changes are coming as the iconic castle receives overlays of gold and pink with its new Royal Makeover.
- Epcot welcomes new Regal Eagle Smokehouse! We’ve heard talk of the restaurant for months and now have the opportunity to try the new food offerings at Epcot’s American Pavillion. This new location is noted as a Quick Service location that also accepts Mobile Orders. Check out the exciting new MENU!
- New Water Park and Sports Ticket Option announced! This new ticket offers one day of theme park access with one extra day at one of the following locations…Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, NBA Experience at Disney Springs, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course, FootGolf at Disney’s Oak Trail, Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course (one round before 4), Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course (one round before 4).
- Water Park and Sports is an add-on option similar to Park Hoppers and Park Hopper Plus
- Each theme park day will have one day of a Water Park and Sports Option (3-day ticket purchase with Water Park and Sports will offer 3 visits from the list above; 5-day ticket will offer 5 visits)
- Some exclusions apply, such as only one Mini-golf visit per day and extra fee for ESPN WWoS special events, etc
- Water Park and Sports option is $70 in addition to your theme park tickets
- “Vacation Fun” a new animated short-coming to Mickey Shorts Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 4. Stop by for an entertaining, indoor break and plan for a few photos when you exit into the larger than life set!
- New and returning favorite Disney Resort activities announced for Spring!
- Mermaid School-beginning March 1 at select resorts, guests 4 and up can participate in supervised water activities while wearing a Mermaid Tail! Cost is $55 plus tax per guest at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Disney’s All Star Movies Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Riviera Resort. Phone 407-WDW-PLAY to book your experience!
- Chocolate Workshop at Disney’s Riviera Resort-learn how to properly taste chocolate, watch a ganache demonstration and make your own treat with a Chef Chocolatier.The workshop will take place on Sundays at 11 am, beginning in March. Cost is $60 plus tax per guest; reservations made via phone at 407-WDW-PLAY
- Crockett’s Craft Corner at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground-guests 8 and up can participate in this two-hour rustic board painting activity on Wednesday afternoons at Trails End Restaurant. Snacks, beverages, and art supplies are included in the cost ($75 per person plus tax). Bonus-guests get to keep their creation! Reservations can be made via 407-WDW-PLAY
- Resort Fun Runs-keep fit while on vacation by participating in one of these 1.2-1.8 mile fun runs! Participation cost of $15 per person (plus tax) includes bib, prize and small snacks. Strollers and children welcome (children under 2 are FREE!). Phone 407-WDW-PLAY to participate in one of the runs at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans-French Quarter, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Disney’s Boardwalk Resort, Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s All Star Resorts.
- Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew at Disney’s Beach Club Resort-looking for an adult night out but don’t have childcare? Consider scheduling your children (4-12) for this amazing Pirate Adventure that includes a treasure hunt with Captain Hook, a sail around Crescent Lake and a Pirate Dinner. Scheduled to restart on March 4, pricing is $55 plus tax per child (Annual Passholders and DVC owners receive 10% off). 407-WDW-PLAY
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets are available for Fall 2020!
- This specially ticketed event is held on select nights from August 13-November 1, 2020
- Guests have historically been able to enter Disney’s Magic Kingdom at 4 pm; official party held from 7-midnight.
- Tickets begin at $85 per guest and vary based on the night of use.
- Purchase through www.DisneyWorld.com or All for Dreams Travel!
- 2020 Party dates include August 13, 18, 21, 25, 28; September 1, 4, 7, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 29; October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31; November 1
- Spaceship Earth at Epcot to get a facelift-fans with a sweet spot for this nostalgic attraction may want to plan a trip before May 26, when the upgrades are set to begin.
- Disney Dining + to join the ranks of favorite Disney Dining Plans. Guests purchasing this new upgraded plan will still receive their refillable mugs, 2 Snacks and 2 Meals per night of their visit. However, this plan offers the flexibility of using the Meal Credits on either Table Service or Quick Service meals-you choose! This plan DOES NOT limit you to one QS and one TS per night-you can use it for all TS, all QS or a flexible mix of both. The cost of the new plan is $94.60/adult and $35.00 per child per night. Perfect for the guest wanting to add a few signature meals or a few extra table service meals!
- Disneyland After Dark: Pixar Nite at Disney California Adventure park will occur on March 5.
- Specially ticketed event will occur on March 5 from 8:00 pm to midnight; guests can enter the park at 5:00 pm.
- Ticket purchase includes Pixar-style entertainment, special treats, attractions with lower wait times, photos, event merchandise (available for purchase), Dance Parties and an Edna Mode Fashion Walk (public invited to participate!)
- Those interested can purchase up to (8) tickets from www.Disneyland.com, at the front desk of many local hotels, via phone (714-781-4636) or from All for Dreams Travel
- Fast Pass and Disneyland Max Pass now offered for Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run, Autopia in Disneyland Park and Monster’s Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! in Disney California Adventure Park.
- NEW “Magic Happens” parade debuts at Disneyland Park-be prepared for Magic as Sorcerer Mickey leads the new parade accompanied by new floats and music (co-written with Todrick Hall)
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival began on February 28 and runs until April 21! Check out the Foodie Guide in advance, grab a Festival Tasting Passport onsite and treat yourself to some of the most delicious dishes.
Disney Cruise Line
- Visit the Bahamas, the Caribbean and Castaway Cay out of the BIG EASY! Just in time for Mardi Gras-Disney Wonder makes its first voyage from New Orleans. Sailings are limited in 2020, but itineraries have already been announced for 2021. Contact All for Dreams Travel to grab your spot on this unique sailing.
- Looking for an exceptional, international cruise? Disney Cruise Line has announced 2021 European itineraries that include Greece with a first time Port of Call stop include Kefalonia (Greek Island). Other new additions to the European cruises include stops in Visby, Sweden and Eidfjord, Norway
General Disney News
- In celebration of this Month’s Valentine’s Day, the Disney Travel Co would like to remind you that Disney isn’t just for kids! Create a romantic vacation by adding a Signature Service to your trip…
- Disney Parks and Resorts-special Signature Dining, spa treatments and in-room gifts are available to make any trip extra special!
- Disney Cruise Line-Luxury At Sea for Two Romance Package, Senses Spa additions, Signature meals or in-room gifts are available to add that special touch to your trip
- Adventures by Disney-Adult exclusive trips and River Cruises to some of the most Romantic Destinations in the world offer special touches such as unique dining and specialty experiences.
We here at Tips from the Disney Divas are happy to be able to keep you up to date with all that is happening across the Disney Brand. We hope our tips help you to make the most of your vacation. And as always, a qualified Travel Agent can truly make your trip Magical.
All for Dreams Travel, an independent agency with Gateway Travel (an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner) is happy to offer their services for your next trip!