By Pink Diva
***Disclaimer***One picture shows a finished map showing which eggs are in which location in EPCOT***
Looking for something Egg-citing while visiting select parks this March? Like giant character Easter Eggs? Like hunting around looking for these giant character eggs? Egg-celent! Then you will love Disney’s EGGstravaganza 2016.
The EGGstravaganza goes until March 27 (or until supplies last) in EPCOT, Downtown Disney District, Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure.
You can pick up your EGGstravaganza map at these locations:
- Disney California Adventure park – Elias & Co., Humphrey’s Service & Supplies, Off the Page,Oswald’s, Sarge’s Surplus Hut and Treasures in Paradise
- Disneyland park – Disneyana, Disney Showcase, “it’s a small world” Toy Shop, Little Green Men Store Command, Pieces of Eight, Pioneer Mercantile and Stromboli’s.
- Downtown Disney District – Anna & Elsa’s Boutique, D Street, Disney Pin Traders,WonderGround Gallery and World of Disney Store
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort – Acorns Gifts & Goods, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; Mickey in Paradise, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel; and Fantasia Shop, Disneyland Hotel
Walt Disney World Resort
- Epcot – Pin Central, Port of Entry (Showcase Plaza), Heritage Manor (The American Adventure) and World Traveler (International Gateway)
Getting Egg-cited? Once you have purchased your map ($5.95+tax) you are ready for the hunt! The eggs are around 18/24 inches tall (I’m not an egg-celent judge of height, sorry!) and once spotted, are easy to see. Once you have finished your egg hunt you will return to one of the below locations before April 2 to pick up your egg-celent surprise!
Redeem maps here:
- Disney’s California Adventure Park – Elias & Co. at Disney
- Disneyland park – Disney Showcase
- Downtown Disney District – World of Disney Store
Walt Disney World Resort
- EPCOT – Port of Entry
Even if you don’t want to hunt for the eggs your surprise egg is still part of the purchase price. When you turn your map in you get to choose one of seven (or until supplies last) different character eggs. The back of your map will get a cute little stamp signifying you have picked your prize and you get to keep your map.
The character eggs are your standard plastic Easter Eggs. While they are egg-stremely cute, I have to let you know they are empty. You may want to prepare your child that the egg is the only prize. Kids know that eggs are supposed to have candy, or something fun, in them and this could be very disappointing to learn they are empty.
Our family spent the most egg-celent day in EPCOT hunting for the character eggs. After we purchased our maps we were on our way. We did the egg hunt last year and knew what to expect. We knew the eggs would be visible, but not touchable. Luckily, the eggs are all out in the main areas. We don’t have to get the kids out of the stroller or go into any stores.
My five-year old remembered doing it last year and was very egg-cited to go again. She even got a little competitive about who would find the eggs first. She even found several before my husband or I could! My two-year old was excited about putting the stickers on the maps and seeing the eggs.
This is a great activity for those young or old. It’s a fun way to see the parks. EPCOT’s World Showcase isn’t always the most egg-citing for kids, and this is one way to allow parents to see all the egg-citing countries and the kids get to be entertained by the EGGstravaganza.
Eggstravaganza 2016 is in full swing and if you are near the parks I egg-courage you to participate. It’s a fun little egg-venture with a fun little surprise at the end. Get out there, enjoy the hunt, and have an egg-ceptional time!
***Disclaimer – We at Tips from the Disney Divas and Devos hope you enjoy reading our articles, and encourage you to share any you feel may be of interest to someone else. We do ask, however, if you choose to share the photographs attached to our articles, you give credit to the photographer. Thank you for your cooperation and sharing our love of Disney!