For the majority of December and January, dining restrictions in Orange County closed most dining establishments in both Downtown Disney District and along Buena Vista Street. But as numbers reduced, dining restrictions ease and Disney announced the reopening of most locations for outdoor dining began as well as some special perks that begin this month.
Star Wars Trading Post opens at its new location on February 19th. Back in September, the WonderGround Gallery temporarily closed and the Star Wars Trading Post opened in that location. Disney has now announced that the Star Wars Trading Post will move and reopen at the location of the prior Rainforest Cafe on the far west end of Downtown Disney District. The location will have Legacy Lightsabers, Pre-Built Droids, Creatures, Adult & Youth Robes, Holocrons, and Plush & Artisan Toys. The merchandise will be classic Star Wars, from The Mandalorian, and select items direct from the planet of Batuu. If you are a Disneyland Report Legacy Passholder (anyone that had a valid Annual Pass as of March 14, 2020), you’ll have an opportunity to make a reservation for a special preview event of the Star Wars Trading Post from February 16 – February 18. Check back on the Legacy Passholder website on February 9 for more information.
WonderGround Gallery Reopens on February 19th. With the move of the Star Wars Trading post to its new location, WonderGround Gallery will reopen in its original location. In addition to the art, gifts and collectibles that are normally in that store, Disney announced it will also sell housewares and headbands, and Spirit Jerseys.
- Naples Ristorante e Bar
- Uva Bar & Café
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Tortilla Jo’s
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes
- Ballast Point Brewing Co.
Along Buena Vista Street, you can dine at Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining, Smokejumpers Grill and Award Wieners. Reservations are highly recommend. Need to know more about visiting Buena Vista Street? Read this article with tips on where to park and how to enter. I think Carthay Circle Lounge is arguably the best dining location in the Disneyland Resort. Read my review here.
February Specials: Disney has announced a few specials just for vistors this month.
- Purchase a “Bee Mine” apple for your sweetheart. The apple enrobed in red chocolate and decorated with white and dark chocolate with a cute little chocolate bee is available now through Feb. 14 at Marceline’s Confectionery and Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street.
- Purchased a heart-shaped cookies and brownie desserts paired with a sandwich and a drink at Earl of Sandwich.
- Drink a decadent Red Velvet Cake Batter Shake on the patio at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes.
- Ballast Point Brewing Co. is offering two Valentine bundles for beer lovers: The Single and The Taken, presented in red Ballast Point buckets.
Remember that face coverings are required for ages 2 and older, that you must be stationary while eating food or drinks, and that your temperature will be checked upon entry to Downtown Disney District.
At the time of this writing, the hotels at the Disneyland Resort are not yet open and a reopening date as not been announced. If you are planning to visit the Downtown Disney District and need a hotel, please contact Patricia at All For Dreams Travel and she can help you find accommodations to fit your travel needs.