EXCITING news for the Disney Diva. I’m about to see Disney in another way, running through it. Nooo not runing like you do to beat everybody in the line for fast-passes at Toy Story Mania (which is INSANE by the way), like actually running a race.
Race #1. Expedition Everest Challenge (info from the website) http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/expedition-everest-challenge/
Saturday, June 12, 2010 at Night – NEW DATE!
Expedition Everest™ Challenge, a race adventure with bite, is coming June 12, 2010 to Disney’s Endurance Series. Just after sunset, teams of two take on the exotic terrain of Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park in a fun, competitive 5K adventure run with obstacles followed by a scavenger hunt. The reward for completing the challenge is an exclusive after-hours party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. If you have what it takes to conquer this challenge, then find a teammate and join the trek! The challenge and the party will double your fun! If no one will brave this adventure with you, then sign up for the solo trek.
The Course: Mysterious
The adrenaline is pumping and the anticipation builds as teams prepare for their expedition. Race through the dark, exotic terrain of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on a thrilling 5K adventure trek in the shadows of the Forbidden Mountain. Teams will have to climb, crawl and balance their way through the obstacles spread throughout the course.
The Search: Legendary
Follow the clues to the end of your journey, but only a few will escape the Yeti, known as the abominable snowman! The team needs to solve all of the clues in the Expedition Passport to conquer the challenge!
The Reward: Fun
Then the real excitement begins as the teams celebrate their finish at an exclusive after-hours party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Each participant in the Expedition Everest™ Challenge will receive:
- Expedition Everest™ Challenge finisher medal
- Champion® tech t-shirt
- Goody bag
- Personalized race bib number (if registered before May 1, 2010)
- 1-day theme park ticket* to scout the course at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Admission to an exclusive post-race party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
The Expedition Everest™ Challenge features:
- Fireworks to kick off your trek
- 5K adventure run with obstacles spread throughout the course
- New Scavenger Hunt format
- Timed event with online results
- Athlete refreshments at the finish line
- Disney’s Kids’ Races
- Awards presented to the top three finishers in the Team Divisions (Men’s, Women’s, Coed, Military) and in Individual Divisions (Men’s, Women’s, Military)
Race #2 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Start: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Finish: Epcot® World Showcase
The Inaugural Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon will be run on a brand new half marathon course at the Walt Disney World Resort, and it will be run at night! Where else can you run a half marathon at night? Running through theme parks and world-class Disney entertainment along the way will make the miles fly by, but what could motivate you more than finishing inside Epcot® to an exclusive after-hours party inside the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival?
This race experience will be the ultimate “Runner’s Night Out”. Mark your race calendars now for the race weekend with a party you don’t want to miss!
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon features:
- First nighttime half marathon
- Brand new course through 3 Walt Disney World theme parks
- Disney Entertainment on-course
- Finish inside Epcot® World Showcase
- Exclusive After Hours Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Event Weekend Transportation from the Event Host Resorts only
Each participant’s $135 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon registration includes:
- Race Registration
- Commemorative Champion® Tech Shirt
- Goody Bag
- Personalized Bib (Must register by August 2, 2010 for name to appear on bib)
- On-course and Post-Race Refreshments
- ChronoTrack D-tag timed race
- Personalized results website
- Inaugural half marathon finisher medal
- Access to the exclusive after-hours Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- One (1) Complimentary “Taste” and one (1) complimentary “Sip” at the Finish Line Party
Should be exciting!!! Keep you posted!