by Wishes Diva
When planning your first trip, the amount of information out there can be overwhelming! There is so much to do and so much to see, and often so little time to fit it all in! It can be hard to know where to start, so I have compiled my top five tips for first-timers visiting Magic Kingdom in hopes that it can serve as a starting point for your trip planning!
- If your schedule allows it, avoid Magic Kingdom on weekends and Mondays. I have found that the trend at Magic Kingdom is that everyone typically starts theirs trips there. Most families will plan their vacations weekend to weekend, meaning that often times Monday is their first park day. Magic Kingdom has historically been busier on Mondays because of this. Related to, the weekends are also typically busy because that is the time that locals and Annual Passholders will usually plan their trips since they are normally in close proximity to Orlando so day-trips and weekend-trips are the norm for them. Along with this you can also research crowd calendars as well. There are several websites out there that offer crowd calendars and other crowd level information for each day of the year for each park. These resources can be valuable for you when choosing which days to visit which parks.
- Have a plan, but also be flexible. Advice that’s clear as mud, right? I know it seems contradictory but I stand by my advice! Going to Magic Kingdom there is so much to do and see that you really do need to have a plan ahead of time. However that being said, if things don’t go according to plan you need to prioritize the list of things you want to do and see. Do your research and read the descriptions of the attractions and shows so you have an idea of what you’re going to do before you go! For more planning advice, and information on things to do at Magic Kingdom, check out JollyFrogger Diva’s ABC’s of Magic Kingdom here!
- Go left. I know that sounds overly simple, but it’s true. The majority of the crowds will go straight back to Fantasyland or over to Tomorrowland it hit Space Mountain right at rope drop. If you head to the left side of the map; Adventureland and Frontierland; you should be able to get through most of the attractions on that part of the map with little to no wait.
- Take advantage and work the FastPass+ system. Definitely do your research when it comes to using your Fast Passes. They can be such a helpful tool to getting the most out of your day! Especially don’t forget that you can get additional Fast Passes after you have exhausted your first three. If you are looking for more help using the Fast Pass system, check out our video tips by clicking here!
- Come prepared and use a backpack if necessary. Plan accordingly for what you may need while in the parks. Who is in your vacation party can have an enormous impact on what you take with you. Always remember your water and sunscreen! For more help on what to pack in your bag check out Sleepy Diva’s article here!
Magic Kingdom can definitely be intimidating if you don’t know what you’re up against before you go. My hope is that these five tips will help ease the stress of planning and make your vacation extra magical!