by Wishes Diva
Ever wonder what the deal is with those papers you get inside the cover for your favorite Disney DVD or Blu-ray? Well I am here to tell you about the magic that is the Movies Anywhere app!
This app allows you to be able to take your Disney movies with you on any smart device that you chose, with or without WiFi or using data. It is as simple as adding an app on your phone or tablet! This would be great if you are driving to Disney with a toddler, see my tips here for that trip!
It takes just a few simple steps to give you movie access right on your pocket. Follow these (hopefully) foolproof steps and you’ll be ready to watch!
1. The first thing you’ll want to do is create an account on the Disney
Movie Rewards website. This will help you track your Disney movies as well as earn points toward fun reward offers on the website. To do this, go to the Disney Movie Rewards website and click on the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner. That will get you started with your account!
2. After you create your account you will have the ability to enter codes using the box in the bottom right corner of the website. These are the codes that can be found on the slips of paper that are inside the case of your movie. Enter the code and it will confirm your movie as well as tell you how many points you earned for that entry.
Diva tip: You can also get points for entering eligible movie theater tickets for all the Disney movies you see before they come out on DVD/Blu-ray!
3. Once you have loaded all the movie codes you’d like, on the device that you want to use, download the Movies Anywhere app. Again, this could be on a smart device (phone, tablet, etc.) or you can also utilize this app on a Smart TV or Roku or Amazon fire stick as well!
4. On the Movies Anywhere app you’ll want to use the same log-in that you created for your Disney Movie Rewards account. After you log in you should be able to see your loaded movies under the “My Movies” tab.
5. From the “My Movies” tab you have a few options. You can watch your movies directly from the app using WiFi (or data if you aren’t WiFi connected) or you can choose to “Save Offline” as well. The second option will allow you to save movies directly to your device to view without being connected to the internet!
The app also gives you the option to enter codes directly on it. I have attempted this but it doesn’t seem to work as well as entering them on my Disney Movie Rewards account does. Plus you don’t want to miss out on the chance to earn those points toward the fun rewards available on the website!
The Disney Movie Rewards website does also have a fun feature where you can redeem your points for a variety of different prizes. The prizes range in “price” from 5 points up and past 5,000 points! Your choices include simple things like stickers, toys, posters, and even Disney gift cards! You can see the prizes by going to the “Rewards” option from the menu on the website.
I really think this app is one of the nicest perks of being a Disney movie fan. I have used my saved movies from the app on several occasion including sitting in airports waiting to board, and on long car rides with my kiddos! It’s super convenient for these situations and more!