by Military Diva
Many of us here at the Disney Divas and Devos have a soft spot for the Halloween Season. Not only has it become a prime Disney Park travel season, but it is the time of year for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, sweet treats and pumpkin spice everything! In our home fall also seems to bring out our family’s creativity. Whether planning autumnal decorations or creating family themed costumes, it just seems like October enhances our time together as a family.
We here at Tips from the Disney Divas and Devos would like to take a moment to celebrate your family and your own brand of creativity.
We would like to honor you by inviting you to take part in our Halloween Photo Contest!
Tips from the Disney Divas & Devos and All for Dreams Travel are working together to brighten everyone’s Halloween Season. We want to see your family’s favorite themed costumes, your most adorable child or grandchild and maybe even your costumed pet!
From October 23 to October 28, 2017 we are inviting our readers to submit their favorite Halloween photos via our Facebook page or email. (firstname.lastname@example.org) We will close submissions at midnight on October 28. The Divas/Devos writers will pick our favorite submissions and showcase them in an article to be run on October 30, 2017.
Then we will turn the voting over to you our readers!
You will have the chance to vote for your favorite photo from October 30-November 4, 2017. The photo with the most votes from our readers will receive a $25.00 Disney gift card for use in both the Disney Parks and Stores.
Rules for photo submission and contest entry:
- Please be sure the photo is yours or you have permission to share!
- If your photo includes children that are not part of your family please ask for permission to share their image on social media before submitting.
- The photo should feature individuals either in costumes or in a Halloween/Fall themed setting.
- Keep it clean! If you wouldn’t wear it in front of your Grandparents we won’t show it on our site.
- Costumes do not have to be Disney based-we at Divas & Devos understand that cuteness and creativity can be found in non-Disney areas too!
- Like the Tips from the Disney Diva and All for Dreams Travel Facebook pages.
- One photo submission per family please!
A few photo tips:
- Capture your family in the moment. Some of our favorite photos come from candid moments.
- Be sure your photos are focused.
- Avoid identifying details such as house numbers and street signs in your background. Your photos are being shared publicly. We at Tips from the Disney Divas and Devos want to celebrate your family and your holiday traditions but we also want to protect your safety. Please do not give us any information as to where you live!
- If you are having trouble coming up with a costume for this year consider Mom Approved Costumes! They “provide affordable, quality and machine washable dressups for your little princesses, mermaids, fairies, superheroes and more. With no itchy underskirts or fabrics, completely finished seams and hems, and no buttons or ties to frustrate little fingers, your children will play all day in comfort. These dressups are made to handle everyday play, and are beautiful enough for special occasions!” (Text from the Mom Approved Costumes website).
So get your costumes together, gather your photos and submit your favorite to be included in the Tips from the Disney Divas and Devos Halloween Costume Contest! We look forward to seeing your creativity!
*A special thank you goes out to Soarin’ Diva for the use of your family photo!
By submitting your photo to the Tips from the Disney Divas and Devos Contest site you agree (or have parent permission if under 18) to the following terms:
- The submitted photo is yours or you have permission from the photographer to submit the photo.
- If chosen as a contest candidate you agree to allow Tips from the Disney Divas to publish your submission on our sites.
- You will not hold Tips from the Disney Divas, All for Dreams Travel or any of our sponsors liable for any claims, actions or demands resulting from your photo submission.
- You understand that Tips from the Disney Divas is not required to post, display or publish any of your submissions.
**All for Dreams Travel is an independent agency with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.