By: Main Street Diva
Walking around the World Showcase in Epcot is one of my favorite things to do when on a vacation in Walt Disney World. It really feels like you step into each country! Here are some fun facts and tips for your Journey around the World.
1) Take Your Time- There are so many wonderful and magical things to be seen in the World Showcase that some people tend to overlook. I would suggest to try to spend more than one day in Epcot so you can get the full Disney experience. There are so many hidden treasures spread throughout the eleven countries that are waiting to be discovered by You!
2) Indoor Pavilion- Mexico is the only pavilion that is indoors. Set in an Aztec temple, the Mexican pavilion is gorgeously decorated to give you the feeling that you are walking around old time Mexico at night. Complete with a Mariachi Band and the delicious San Angel Inn Restaurant (Tip: Make reservations 180 days out), this pavilion is defiantly one not to miss.
3) Three Caballeros- In my opinion, the The Grand Fiesta Tour featuring the Three Caballeros located in the Mexico Pavilion is one of the underrated rides in Walt Disney World. This attraction takes you on a journey with your favorite trio: Panchito, Jose and of course the one and only Donald Duck. Follow Panchito and Jose as they chase Donald Duck around Mexico. A big surprise awaits at the end of the ride once he gang is reunited.
4) O’ Canada- This 15 minute documentary located in the Canada pavilion stars the very funny Martin Short. It is a comedic hidden gem about what Canada is really like. Tip: The Canada pavilion is also a nice place to walk around the grounds and cool off from the hot Florida sun.
5) Duffy the Disney Bear- Duffy is a bear given to Mickey Mouse by Minnie when Mickey took a trip around the world. You can meet Duffy near the World Showcase Plaza! There are also KidCot Fun Stops located around Epcot that feature Duffy where you are given your own paper Duffy and take him with you around the World Showcase. Be sure to get your Duffy stamped by the CM’s in all eleven countries!
6) Pearls Galore- If you ever thought that the beautiful pearls of Japan were out of your reach you were wrong, they are actually right at your fingertips. While visiting the Japan pavilion you can actually pick out they oysters and be amazed at the gorgeous pearls inside. They range in color from cream, white and gray and are all different sizes. If you are really lucky your oyster will have twin pearls inside! You then can pick a jewelry setting to have your pearls mounted in and you can take wear this beautiful memory forever.
7) Adult Beverages- While strolling through the plaza of the Italy pavilion make sure you stop into the Enoteca Wine Shop. Here you can sample a few selections of Wine from Italy and then buy a glass of your favorite spirit. My favorite is a nice cold shot of Limoncello. Close your eyes and you are transported to Italy. You can also find many unique Mickey and Donald Italian themed souvenirs.
Now that I have given you a sample of some of the many fun things to do in the World Showcase, what will be the first thing you do when you get there?
(Thank you to Eugene’s Diva for the photo of Duffy!)