by Military Diva
Are you planning your first trip to Disney World? Traveling with young children? Well you are in luck-the Disney Travel Company has just announced a new package geared to your specific needs!
Starting today, June 25, 2019, you can book your family vacation under the all new “My First Disney Getaway Package“.
As mentioned, the specific inclusions of this package make it a perfect fit for first time guests of Walt Disney World. It’s also great for families with young preschool children, preferring to sample a small bit of what the resort has to offer.
Highlights of this package
- short length of stay
- lower price point
- avoidance of large crowds during the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opening
Disney understands that the size and offerings of their resort can be exhausting to young travelers and their parents! By offering a short visit at a more affordable cost, Disney is hoping to entice first time travelers into their magical world. Children will enjoy favorite attractions, characters and shows while limiting the potential for exhaustion-and meltdowns! In addition, the included 2-Park Magic ticket will help spread crowds across all four parks, helping to avoid the rush at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Let’s take a look at what this package includes
- Two nights in an All Star Standard Room
- 2-Park Magic Tickets-guests will enjoy one (1) day at Disney’s Magic Kingdom and one (1) day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
- One stroller rental per park day
- One merchandise bag per room that includes a Disney plush, Disney Autograph book, Disney pen, 1st Visit Mickey Ears and a reusable merchandise bag
“My First Disney Getaway Package” sample pricing begins at $999. Modifications to the package are not possible.
- Sample price above is the starting point only and includes two (2) adults and one (1) child.
- An additional guest can be added for an additional cost (Standard guest rooms allow for four guests only-can be any combination of four persons, adult or child, but not exceeding four per room.)
- Length of stay modifications are not allowed-2 nights only.
- Guests receive one (1) visit to Magic Kingdom and one (1) visit to Animal Kingdom only, no exceptions or substitutions to the parks or number of visits.
- Guests can choose which day to visit each park (Magic Kingdom then Animal Kingdom or Animal Kingdom then Magic Kingdom)
- 2 Park Magic Tickets can only be purchased as part of the “My First Disney Getaway Package“. They cannot be purchased as a stand alone ticket purchase.
- Guests will receive a voucher for stroller rental at check-in. This voucher can be exchanged at Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom only, during their first park visit. When redeeming, they will be given a stroller voucher to be redeemed the next day at their second park.
- Guests may redeem the stroller voucher for a single or double stroller, based on availability.
- One merchandise bag will be delivered to the guest room. Additional bags cannot be purchased with the package. The included items are readily available in the parks if guests would like to purchase additional items for additional children (on their own).
- My First Disney Getaway Packages can be booked from June 25-September 24, 2019.
- Guests must check in between Sunday and Wednesday from August 11-September 25, 2019
- There are three All Star Resorts to choose from…All Star Movies, All Star Sports and All Star Music. The resort rooms are currently being refurbished, upgrading beds from full to queen. Check for All Star Movies for the best chance at a standard, refurbished room.
- Children three and under do not require tickets but do count towards room occupancy. (Exception-one infant in the room over the four guest limit)
- Consider adding a Dining plan to your package. Quick Service plans will allow you to maximize your time while prepaying for your food. The Standard Dining Plan will also include two table service meals. (Character meals, specialty meals and dinner packages included with Standard Dining.)
- Plan to arrive early in the morning on your first day. Head to Disney’s Animal Kingdom as soon as you are settled-you don’t need a full day to complete this park with young children. Plan on enjoying Magic Kingdom on your second day, expecting a full day. Sleep in on your third day!
- If flying, book an arrival flight as early as you can and a departure flight as late in the afternoon as you can. Remember that Magical Express will pick you up three hours prior to your flight. If your flight leaves at 6:00 pm you can enjoy your resort and other free areas (Disney’s Boardwalk, Disney Springs) until you depart.
Traveling with young children can be an experiment in patience for families. Many worry about spending large amounts of money without knowing how their children will tolerate the experience. Thankfully, the Disney Travel Company has anticipated these concerns and created a package just for you! So why not take the leap and sample a small amount of what Disney World has to offer? A short two night, two park package might just introduce you to your new home away from home.
If you are interested in more tips or are planning your first Disney World trip consider contacting All for Dreams Travel . We would love to work with you to plan your vacation and maximize any packages that work for your family.
All for Dreams Travel is the sponsored travel agency of Tips from the Disney Diva. They offer travel recommendations, dining/fast pass/transportation scheduling, itinerary planning and more-at no cost to the client. Contact All for Dreams Travel today if interested in booking your own “My First Disney Getaway Package“!