By British Diva
What ever is a TRAVEL BEAR I hear you ask?
Meet Windermere – the school travel bear!
It’s traditional here in the United Kingdom for some infant and junior schools (for children aged between 4 & 11 years) to have a school travel bear – complete with it’s very own passport, who can accompany pupils on their family holidays (vacations)!
Windermere doesn’t eat healthy while he’s on his hols!
The Bear Facts
In exchange for the honour of taking travel bear away on a jolly holiday the children are encouraged to –
– get travel bear’s special ‘passport’ stamped by the hotel or resort where he’s staying.
– collect badges, pins or stickers from the holiday destination.
– get lots of photos of travel bear relaxing & enjoying his vacation!
– write a daily journal of travel bears adventures.
All these little tasks are educational for children and the best bit is; they don’t even realise because it’s learning through play!
Windermere gets a like to get a little racey!
British Diva’s children have loved including travel bear in our family trips to both Disneyland Paris & Walt Disney World.
Travel Bear is most certainly a worth while inclusion to a Disney trip, although you do get strange looks from folks at times!!
British Diva’s Top Travel Bear Tips
– Take travel bear’s passport around World Showcase at EPCOT and get it stamped with a Duffy the Disney Bear stamp in all the Kidcot Fun Stops!
And if your children’s school doesn’t have their own travel bear just yet…..
– Ask your child to choose their favourite bear & make a little notebook to serve as both journal & passport; ta-dah! you have just created your own travel companion plus a unique souvenir all in one!
– How about starting your own school travel bear tradition? Donate a brand new bear to your children’s place of education & don’t forget to say that British Diva sent you!!
& in the words of the famous bear Baloo…
“Look for the bear necessities,
The simple bear necessities,
Forget about your worries & your strife!!”