One of the questions I get most often is “Why should I use you as a travel agent?” There are many reasons why you should, but it all boils down to one thing: personal service.
So here are the top 5 reasons you should use me as your travel agent when planning your next trip (Disney or otherwise!):
1. It doesn’t cost you a penny, and will probably save you lots (and lots!) of pennies. Official Disney Travel Agents (like myself) are paid by Disney (or other travel vendors) after you travel. Your cost when booking with me is not inflated in any way to cover that commission . The price you find on the Disney website will match the price I can give you, unless I find you a discount that will lower your total. It will never be higher.
Even when you book far in advance at full price, I will continue to look for discounts to be announced that I can move you into to save you money and lower your total. Free Dining is a great example of this: for this Fall’s free dining offer I was able to move many existing reservations into that discount, and saved one family over $1,000. Now THAT is a fun phone call to make! It’s something that Disney, Expedia or Costco won’t do for you. I am always on the hunt for ways to lower my clients’ totals, even though it lowers my commission in the process…because it makes them happy and more likely to travel again.
2. Knowledge. I admit it: I’m a Disney Geek. Planning a trip to a Disney destination (any of them!) is complicated and for the first time traveler it can be like trying to take a drink of water from a fire hose. How do you know where is the best place for your family to stay? How many days does it really take to see and do all the things on our “must do” list? Is the dining plan worth it? Do we really need passports for a cruise? I can help navigate you through all these questions and more, and create the perfect package with just what youneed to have the experience of your dreams. One size does not fit all.
3. Experience. As a lifelong Disney fan, I’ve got a lot of tricks and tips to help make traveling smoother. I can help you plan the best way to make that long drive, how to decide when it’s actually more economical to fly, how to survive the airport (or the car!) with the kids in tow, and how to tackle the parks or the ship with the least amount of stress for everyone. However if YOU’RE experienced and YOU want to make the plans that is completely ok with me. It should be noted that the Disney Diva herself uses a travel agent to book now. Why? BETTER SERVICE and DEALS!
4. Perks. Our strong relationship with Disney allows us to negotiate Pixie-exclusive offers for various times of the year like the Epcot Flower and Garden Show, Star Wars Weekend, Independence Day, Epcot Food and Wine, and even Christmas – times when Disney rarely (or never!) offers discounts to the public at large because they are such popular seasons to travel that they have no need to entice visitors. In addition to discounts you can’t find anywhere else, our packages come with Pixie perks such as lanyards, personalized totes or t-shirts, and even gift cards or On Board Credits depending on the value of the booking.
5. It’s personal. I’m not a random person in a call center that just happens to be the one who answers when you call in for a quote. I’m a small businesswoman, a mom, and a student who gave up a lucrative career at the age of 41 to go back to school and become an elementary school teacher. After years of planning Disney trips for my own family and friends I decided it was time to get paid for doing what I love as a way to augment what I will eventually make as a school teacher. I take the time to get to know you and your family and what matters most to you so we can plan the trip to be what youwant it to be. I want you to have a trip that you feel good about and that works in your budget so you’ll have fun and want to travel with me again.
So there you have it: the top 5 reasons you should be working with a travel agent – ME! If you’ve already planned your Disney trip yourself and are wondering what you’re missing, fear not. Just email me and chances are I can take over your booking and sprinkle some Pixie Dust on it to make it extra special! You can click below and get a free quote right now!