Author: Disney Diva
So you’re planning on going to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and you’re wanting to know how to best enjoy it! I’ve got some tips that will help you maximize your time.
1. Get an early dining reservation in the park.
The party officially starts at 7:00pm so you want to make sure you’ve eaten dinner PRIOR to the official start of the party. The last thing you want to do is waste valuable party time getting food. So you’ll want to make an early reservation AS SOON as you can! (180 days) for Crystal Palace, Tony Town Square, The Plaza, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Be Our Guest, or Liberty Tree Tavern. Or of course you could try any of the quick service in Magic Kingdom.
2. Ask a cast member which characters are at the party. When you get to the party ask any of the cast members hanging out around if they know where the special characters are for the party. You may be surprised at where they may be located! They’ll usually have a list or can direct you to someone who has a list. Really rare characters, like the seven dwarfs will have a LONG line so make sure you’re lined up for them as soon as the party starts if there’s someone you really want to see.
3. Get an early spot for the parade. We let time get away from us and couldn’t find a place anywhere for a parade. Even in Liberty Square and on into Frontierland the people were three deep and the kids were forced to sit on shoulders. My favorite spot for watching the parade continues to be right in front of Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street. However, this parade leaves from right beside Splash Mountain. So its not a bad idea to get a spot close to Pecos Bill and then after the parade ends head straight over to ride Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain.
4. Take advantage of the low lines for rides. If you can stay up late you can really do a lot of rides. Like I’d wager if you could stay up after fireworks you could potentially ride every single ride in Magic Kingdom. Take note though, Peter Pan still does get long and once Enchanted Tales with Belle opens all the way it will likely get (and stay) long as well. So do those rides you love over and over and over! 🙂 Rides are significantly shorter at the Christmas Party because they limit how many people can come.
5. Watch the fireworks closer to the hub. Many people try to watch the fireworks from Main Street and that’s fine if you’re planning on leaving right after the fireworks end, but for the REST of us who want to take full advantage of the late night and the low lines in Magic Kingdom we need to be nearer the hub so that we can go into one of the lands quickly. You’ll want to be near whichever ride you want to come to next. For example if you’re planning on going right over to Space Mountain then you’ll want to be in the back of the hub near Tomorrowland. Or you could be REALLY smart and book a seat at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party (in addition to the Christmas party) and have a prime viewing spot, great food and an easy exit out into Tomorrowland after!
Have a GREAT Time!