The news we have all been waiting for, just when will MORE Walt Disney World hotels be opening?
If you have a Walt Disney World Resort reservation for 2020, you must be following along closely as we know only Disney Vacation Resorts are opening on June 22.
As we know details on the Park Pass system were recently released as well.
Today, Disney just announced a schedule of additional resorts opening!
Update On Disney Resort Hotel Reopenings
On June 22, select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen. These select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts include:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
As Disney open these hotels, a number of health and safety measures based on guidance from various governmental authorities and health agencies.
In addition, the plan is to open Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates:
Please note that given the fluidity of the current environment, these dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other Disney Resort hotels if needed.
|July 10||Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort|
|July 29||Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort|
|August 12||Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort|
|August 24||Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts|
|September 21||Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa|
|October 1||Disney’s BoardWalk Resort|
|October 14||Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort|
Given the current situation, there are some Disney Resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. Disney will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.
While these plans may evolve, Disney will be monitoring the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Florida as they find the right time to welcome back even more of our Guests.
Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will begin a phased reopening on July 11—with Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopening on July 15. Learn more about the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort.
Note: Some of the details below may not apply to Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort.
All information provided is direct from Walt Disney World’s website. Please check the website for the most up to date information.
Need help planning your next Walt Disney World vacation? Contact Patricia at All 4 Dreams Travel today!
Modifications, Cancellations and Refunds
Disney understands how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning your visits to Walt Disney World Resort. Please know we will be here to help you, as our Cast remains focused on delivering magical experiences and incredible storytelling for everyone who visits.
During this unprecedented period, some of our policies and offerings have been modified:
Rooms and Packages
At this time, Disney is temporary pausing Disney Resort hotel reservations so Disney can focus on Guests with existing reservations (Disney Vacation Club Members can still make new reservations). Disney will resume new hotel reservations after that period of time.
Guests with reservations for travel through July 10 may request immediate assistance with modifying their plans for dates in 2020. Those currently traveling July 11 – December 31, 2020 may request assistance beginning Monday, June 22. Modifications into 2021 can be made beginning June 24.
To provide additional flexibility, Disney is waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through October 3, 2020. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.
If no action is taken for impacted stays, Disney will automatically cancel your reservation within 7 days of the original check-in date and process any refund due to the original form of payment. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.
If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.
Disney Vacation Club Reservations
If you booked through Disney Vacation Club, please visit disneyvacationclub.com or call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 for information and assistance with your reservation.
Top Things You Need To Know
What You’ll Need
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Please be aware that you’ll also need:
- A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
- A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up—which must be worn in all public areas, except while swimming or seated for dining
- Planning to visit a theme park during your stay? Select Walt Disney World theme parks will begin to reopen on July 11. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required (a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access)
Also, it’s highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment, including MagicBands, which Disney Resort hotel Guests can use to charge purchases to their Disney Resort hotel folio