Fran’s Practically Perfect Tips: Check Out a Free Disney Digital Book From Your Public Library
by Fran Cassano
Hi Everyone. I’m Fran. Summer is here and some if you are even about to head back to school! And what can be better than enjoying a free book or eBook? When it’s a Disney Digital Book!
Did you know you can experience your favorite new and classic Disney adventures on your computer? Your library may have a complete library of Disney Digital Books for your family to enjoy together in front of your Windows PCs or Mac computer. These titles are usually always available, too, through your library’s OverDrive partner. The collection offers nearly 700 classic and new titles starring all the Characters you love, including Mickey Mouse, Disney Princesses and more.
Disney Digital Books are available at every skill level, so kids of all ages can read along, too. You can use Disney’s ‘magic pen’ (via your mouse) to turn pages, hear words pronounced, learn definitions, and participate in fun trivia.
I am going to take you through how to access and read free Disney Digital Books, step by step. These steps are so easy to do once you begin. You will get the hang of this in no time.
How to Check Out a Free Disney Digital Book from your Public Library :
1. Grab your library card
2. Visit your library’s OverDrive partner digital catalog.
3. You can search for titles in the following ways: Click the Disney Digital Books logo button if it is available on your library’s site or enter title/keywords in the search bar. (Click this link for a demo example of a library’s digital catalog and click the Disney Digital Books logo button on the lower left side of the page. It’s a Mickey Head reading a red book in a blue background).
4. When you have found a title you want, select “Add to cart.” After you add an available title to your cart, select “Proceed to Checkout.” Select your library in the drop down menu. Then enter your library card number. If your library requires a PIN for checkout, enter that. Select “Confirm check out.”
5. Click on the “Launch” button, found underneath the picture of your book.
6. Your book will open at http://disneydigitalbooks.go.com. However, you must go through the library’s portals in order to read it for free.
7. Enjoy the magic of Disney!
**You can check out up to five (5) titles at one time for a 7 day loan period. The eBooks automatically disappear from your account after your loan period is over**
For more information, call your local public library’s Children’s Room or Reference Desk.
Have fun accessing your favorite Disney Digital Books this summer. Happy Reading!
~supplemental information and graphics courtesy of Disney Digital Books and OverDrive~