-By Undercover Diva and Darlin’ Diva
We’ve been working on a series of articles lately for you lovely people (thanks for reading!) about our top attractions at each park at Walt Disney World. Undercover Diva’s sharing her top ten Magic Kingdom and Epcot attractions while Darlin’ Diva’s compiling her top ten lists for Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. That left Downtown Disney (soon to be Disney Springs) still to be covered – so we decided to team up and bring you a combined list of favorites – which means you get MORE than 10!
1. World Of Disney – Everyone loves this store! Topping both Divas list of must-do’s, step into the World of Disney and prepare to be amazed and astounded by the variety of goods to choose from! If you think you may have forgotten something at the parks, don’t worry, you can find it here, and then some! You could get lost in this giant Disney Store. Plus they have a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to help transform little princes and princesses outside of Magic Kingdom.
2. Earl of Sandwich – Ask any Disney fan and they will tell you how much they love Earl of Sandwich. With sandwiches and soups in many differently flavors, they have something for everybody. Undercover Diva loves their holiday sandwiches. Next time you need a place to eat but aren’t sure what to get, I definitely recommend this place!
3. Disney Quest – Who ever told you that there are four theme parks at Walt Disney World was lying to you. There is actually five, because Disney Quest is a giant in door theme park. With as much to do as any of the other theme parks, this place will blow your mind. This is a great place to go when you don’t have tickets to the parks or on your first day arriving. For about $30 per person, this place could keep you entertained all day.
4. Art of Disney – I’m an artsy type of person, so I LOVE the Art of Disney store at Downtown Disney. I love to go in there and drool and see all the gorgeous artwork. They have so many different pieces whether from the parks themselves or art that is inspired by the parks. They also have work by Thomas Kinkade, Larry Dotson and many others. They have art of varying prices so whether you have a little or a lot to spend, they will have something for you
5. Splitsville – What is more fun than bowling with bowling balls that have Mickey and Minnie’s faces on them? I love Splitsville. They have great food and drinks, and a live DJ on some nights. It’s a two-story bowling ally with plenty of lanes, so you don’t have to worry about not having a lane when you go. And you won’t have to worry about eating before or after, because you can have a pizza right at your lane. This place is seriously one of my favorite places outside the Disney Parks.
6. Basin – What more could a girl want after a hot, humid, sweaty trip to Walt Disney World? How about a luxurious way to clean up. Here you can choose bath and body care products of all scents and styles. Undercover Diva loves to go in here and just smell everything they have. It’s like a fancy Bath and Body Works without the headache!
7. AMC Dine in Theater – While Undercover Diva has never been in one of the dine-in theaters, she has gone to the normal theaters, and man are they big! I don’t think I’ve ever been in theaters as big as these ones. And of course it is a nice theater in general, it has to live up to Disney standard. The only negative to this is that it has high movie theater prices. You can expect to pay about $14 a person for the ticket, and about the same for dinner. Not too bad, but enough that this Diva would rather just get a bag of popcorn.
8. Disney Days of Christmas – Both Undercover Diva and Darlin’ Diva love this store. In fact, it’s Darlin’ Diva’s most favorite store in all the World! The great selection of Christmas ornaments, décor, and accessories make it a great place to shop – Plus, you can have ornaments customized for your family or special celebration. If you want to, you can even pay a little extra to have your holiday treasures shipped right to your house!
9.Cirque du Soleil – Cirque du Soleil is a favorite across the world. More than 100 million people have seen a Cirque du Soleil show since they started in 1984. La Nouba is a show about the joining of two worlds, the fantastic and the normal. If you are looking to do something outside the parks or need something to do on the first night you arrive, I recommend La Nouba, you will be glad you did.
10. Disney’s Marketplace Co-Op – Brand new and chock-full of Disney Parks merchandise – this place can’t be beat if you’re looking for something to take home and add a little Disney to your daily life! Darlin’ Diva adores the Disney Centerpiece area for kitchen goods and home accessories. The Cherry Tree Lane section is full of awesome purses and totes from Vera Bradley and Dooney & Bourke. Beautifully Disney is the place to go for “enchanting makeup and beauty accessories”. A nail polish color called “Curiouser and Curiouser” – imagine that!
11. Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant – Darlin’ Diva’s family loves Raglan Road for both the delicious food and the fantastic entertainment. The menu is full of abundant selections – plenty to choose from for every appetite. The Raglan Road Irish Dancers perform to live music every hour on the hour all evening long (beginning at 5:00 pm each day). Dinner AND a show! Good times.
12. Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop – If you have a sweet tooth, you will love this place. Here you can get all the Ghirardelli Chocolate you want in any form you can imagine. Shakes, sundaes and good ole’ chocolate squares are here to tame your sweet tooth and that rumbly in your tummbly. Just remember that it can get pretty crazy. While you can eat on their porch, it might be better to get your treat to go and find your own seat, rather than trying to find one among everyone else.