By the Budget Diva
Have you considered getting a Disney Rewards Visa to pay for your Disney vacation? Did you know that once you sign up for the card you will earn a $50 Disney gift card? Sounds too good to be true, so I did some research and I am going to explain the pro’s and con’s of the Disney Rewards Visa.
|Pluto at Disney Visa’s Meet and Greet
- Instant $50 Disney gift card after the first use of the card OR you can sign up for the Disney Premier Visa and earn $100 gift card but beware, there is a $49 annual fee for having this card.
- No annual fee and there are 8 fun card designs to choose from
- No APR for the first 6 months
- Earn 1% on all Disney related purchases and you can redeem for reward dollars. Here is a link of all the places you can use your Disney dollars: Disney Locations
- There is NO limit to the amount of reward dollars you can earn
- All cardholders are eligible for a character meet n greet at Epcot. *up to 6 people may enter*
- 10% off your purchases at Disney Store and Disneystore.com but you must spend $50+
- 10% off select dining options at Disney World and Disneyland
- 20% off select guided tours at Disney World and Disneyland
And now for the con’s:
- It can take up to 6-8 weeks before your $50 Disney gift card arrives–so plan accordingly. Be sure to sign up for the Disney Rewards Visa at least 4 months ahead of time to ensure you have enough time to use the card, receive the gift card and then redeem points.
- After the first 6 months the APR is 14%!!!!!
- The Disney Dream reward dollars expire 5 years from the time they are earned
- Character Meet N Greets are subject to change and require admission to Epcot…they vary to certain days of the week, not necessarily everyday. If you are planning to purchase the Park Hopper this would not be a problem but if you only go to Epcot on 1 day of your vacation you are not gauranteed that the meet n greet will be available on that one day. This could pose a problem.
- It can take 2-3 weeks to receive your Disney Rewards Redemption card.
|Characters acting silly at the Disney Visa Meet and Greet
The Budget Diva thinks this is a great way to earn Disney dollars and special perks, however, if you have credit card debt, problems paying your bills, etc then I definitely recommend you not apply for anymore credit cards. If you are financially stable then this is a great way to earn some extra spending money for your Disney vacation. The key is to be sure to book your Disney vacation using your Disney Rewards Visa then immediately redeem the points you earn so that you can spend the Disney dollars on your vacation. Just BE SURE to pay it off before the 6 months 0% interest rate changes to 14%!
To learn more information about the Disney Rewards Visa cards and calculate the rewards you could potentially earn check out the link below: