by Military Diva
Happy Spring, readers and travelers! I am not sure where you are all located, but here in the Midwest, we are beginning to see longer days, warmer temperatures, and brighter horizons. And we are happy to say, the travel industry is beginning to look brighter also!
This month are going to switch things up a bit. With the exciting news out of California, it seems appropriate to kick off this month’s updates with Disneyland News instead of the normal Walt Disney World start.
- Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure plan to reopen on April 30, 2021!!
- Parks will have limited capacity.
- Many shopping, dining, and attractions will be open. Parades, evening shows, and other experiences that draw large crowds will be temporarily suspended.
- Like Walt Disney World, guests will be required to have both admission tickets and Park Reservations for entry.
- Initially, only residents of California will be allowed to visit.
- Fast Pass and Disney MaxPass services will be suspended.
- Magic Mornings and Extra Magic Hours are also suspended.
- You can read more about the opening in this month’s article from Tinker Belle Diva.
- Select hotels of Disneyland Resort will open along with the parks
- April 29-Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
- May 2-Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
- A Touch of Disney, a separately ticketed experience, began in mid-March at Disney California Adventure Park. The highlight of the experience…over 25 amazing foodie locations!
- Eggstravaganza is taking place in Downtown Disney from March 15-April 18, 2021. Guests visiting the area can purchase tickets for this Egg-themed scavenger hunt from select merchandise locations. Participation is $7.99 and includes a game board and stickers.
Walt Disney World
- Park Pass Reservations are still required for entry to Disney World Theme parks. With limited capacity in the parks and larger Spring Break crowds, select days in March and April are currently unavailable to new guests. Be sure to check the Park Pass Availability Calander before planning or purchasing tickets for your visit.
- Women’s History Month is being celebrated at Disney Springs. Be on the look for “Celebrate HER Story” tributes that include visiting artists, special art series, food treats, and more. All available throughout the month of March.
- Taste of Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is in full swing through June 5, 2021. Guests will be inspired by the magical topiaries, beautiful gardens, splendid artwork, and the delicious food booths located throughout the park.
- Reimagined rooms of Disney’s Polynesian Village Village Resort have been revealed. Disney Imagineers have brought a more natural, Pacific feel to the resort. New colors, flooring, and even hints of Moana and her friends can be found in the updated space. You can sneak a peek at the new rooms HERE!
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach reopened to guests on March 7, 2021. Enhanced cleaning, social distancing, temperature checks, and mobile ordering are all in place to keep guests safe. Note, unlike the other parks of the Walt Disney World Resort, Park Reservations are not required for entry.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, an all-new attraction, is set to open in Epcot’s France Pavilion on October 1, 2021. Celebrate Disney World’s 50th Anniversary with a family ride through Gusteau’s Award Winning Restaurant!
- Disney MagicMobile Service, geared to be used as a mobile alternate to Magic Bands, will be available for use later in 2021.
- Access traditional Magic Band features from your iPhone, Apple Watch, or other smart devices.
- Apple Devices will be first in line to use the new service.
- Disney MagicMobile Service can be used for park tickets, photo pass service, room key, and more!
- Guests still have the option of purchasing Magic Bands or using “Key to the World” cards for these services.
- More details will be announced as the start date nears.
- New discount announced for Disney’s Wilderness Resort & Campground! With this offer, guests visiting between April 11 and May 27 can enjoy savings up to 20% off.
- Camping sites for tents and RVs are included in this offer; Cabins are not included.
- Book now through May 27.
- Spaces are limited.
Disney Cruise Line
- Changes to the Disney Cruise Line Vacation Protection Plan were announced this month. During the past year, the Disney Travel Company has been very lenient with regards to cancelation policies. Disney Cruise Line Vacation Protection Plans booked after February 3 2021 and paid in full are now subject to the traditional (non-refundable) cancelation policy. Guests have 10 days from booking the insurance to review the policy. After those 10 days, the Protection Plan will not be refunded.
- Disney Cruise Line policy changes...
- Final payment dates have been changed to 60 days prior to sailing for cruises departing through September 30, 2021.
- Cancelation policies for these cruises have also been relaxed (see full schedule HERE)
- Guests that book by April 30 for a cruise departing by September 30 also have the ability to change their sail dates up until 15 days prior to the original sail date.
- Summer 2022 Itineraries are now available to book! In anticipation of the return to travel, the following announcements have been made…
- Itineraries include “Greece, Portugal, Latvia, Norway, Sweden and Dominica, plus first-ever summer sailings from Miami to the Bahamas” (www.DisneyParksBlog.com)
- Summer 2022 includes a Disney Wonder sailing to Alaska.
- The maiden voyage of the all-new Disney Wish is scheduled for summer 2022.
Adventures by Disney
- Adventures by Disney is venturing into Expedition Cruises!
- Cruises include Antarctica and the Galapagos Islands
- Guests on the waitlist for these sailings should have been contacted earlier in the month.
- General booking began on March 4, 2021
- Adventures by Disney final payments have been extended. Guests booked through March 31, 2022, now have until 65 days prior to departure to make the final payment. The cancelation fee policy has also been relaxed. Look for communication from Adventures by Disney if your vacation is affected.
- Adventures by Disney deposit details have changed for some packages. Guests that have booked through June 30, 2021, with travel dates through March 31, 2022, are now eligible for fully refundable-deposits until their final payment date (65 days prior to travel). According to www.DisneyTravelAgents.com, “Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures and all Expedition Cruise sailings are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.”
Each month there is more great news to share. The travel industry is truly an indicator of the health in our country and the world in general. As our Covid Recovery improves, more destinations open, and more guests have been willing to travel. As always, I hope your family is healthy, happy, and planning your future vacation-even if it isn’t in the near future.
Consider contacting All for DreamsTravel for your future travel needs. Agents from our agency have visited Disney World, Universal Orlando, Sea World, and several other destinations in the past few months. We are committed to providing the most up-to-date safety policies, helping you to feel comfortable traveling.
All for Dreams Travel is an independent agency with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.