by Military Diva
Hey everyone! Hope you’re finding some sort of routine as summer comes to an end and the new school year begins. Whether returning to work, navigating the new school procedures, or just changing from summer to fall decor, keep the faith and keep moving forward!
As our traditional family schedules and patterns continue to evolve, so does the travel industry. The Disney Travel Company is working hard to keep their business successful, safe, and healthy during this trying time. Disney World has been able to open and welcome guests while other locations have had to remain closed. Follow along below for the most recent updates affecting Disney Travel Company policies and updates.
Walt Disney World
- Stormalong Bay Reopening! Disney’s Yacht Club Resort reopened on August 24, along with Stormalong Bay!
- Updates for Disney World guests traveling October 1 to November 1, 2020-guests that booked their reservation before June 5, 2020, and are booked in a resort that has not opened yet, should be receiving an email from the Disney Travel Company soon. The message will highlight the new resort Disney is offering as an alternate accommodation. Guests are asked to confirm the change, request a modification, or cancel their package. Those that agree to the change will maintain their original package pricing, those that request a different resort will be subject to current pricing, and those that cancel will be entitled to a full refund.
- New cancellation/change policy extended to December 31, 2020 check-in dates-guests can cancel or change their Disney World reservation up until check-in without incurring any fees or penalties
- Park and Play Program enhances safety at Disney World Golf Courses-all courses require contactless payment, face coverings are required in clubhouse/restrooms/dining areas, high touch items (rakes, bottles, etc) have been removed from the courses, golfers are advised to leave flagsticks in the holes while putting, and guests can request single carts. The Park and Play Program gives guests the ability to
- Book and pay for tee time online, in advance
- Upon arrival, a sanitized golf cart should be waiting
- No need to enter the clubhouse (unless you choose to do so!)
- As of this writing, both Disneyland Hotels and Parks are still closed. No reopening dates have been listed.
- The Downtown Disney District at Disneyland is open, utilizing phased procedures.
- Updates for guests booked at Disneyland Resort through September 12, 2020-guests that have a reservation with arrival dates up until September 12 should be receiving an email from the Disney Travel Company soon. These guests are being asked to either cancel their travel plans or modify their dates.
Disney Cruise Line
- New round of Disney Cruise Line sailings announced-in response to CLIA’s extended closure of US Ports, the Disney Cruise Line has suspended the sailings listed below. Affected guests that have paid in full can cancel for a full refund or accept a 125% FCC, to be used by May 31, 2022. Guests that have not paid in full will receive a full refund of any monies paid.
- All sailings up until October 31, 2020
- Disney Dream sailings on November 1 (7-night Eastern Caribbean) and November 8 (5-night Western Caribbean)
- Disney Magic sailings on November 1 (6-night Eastern Caribbean) and November 7 (5-night Eastern Caribbean)
- Disney Wonder sailings on November 1 (5-night Baja) and November 6 (14-night Panama Canal)
- Cruise Date Flexibility Offer extended-guests with sailings booked by October 31, 2020, and sailing through by May 31, 2021, have the option of modifying their reservation without penalty up until 15 days prior to sailing.
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa remains closed until further notice.
Adventures by Disney
- Changes to final payment due date-final payment dates for guests with Adventures by Disney travel dates from November 1, 2020, through January 21, 2021, have been extended by 30 days. The payment date is now 90 days prior to travel.
- 100% Future Travel Credit offered for guests booked through November 30, 2020. Guests must make the change by 45 days prior to their travel start date and have until March 31, 2021, to choose new travel dates.
As many states’ travel restrictions are lifted, many of you may begin to consider travel again. Let All for Dreams Travel help you navigate all the new mandates, recommendations, and changes to the Disney World Travel destinations. All for Dreams Travel is partnered with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Travel Planner.