by Military Diva
Happy New Year everyone! If your month has been anything like mine it has flown by in a whirl! Our family closed up Christmas, celebrated my 50th Birthday (early), rolled into the New Year, and flew into Orlando the next day. We spent the week golfing, visiting the parks, enjoying our resort, and running the Disney World Half Marathon. My husband and I ran our first half marathon weekend together for our 40th birthdays, why not celebrate our 50th birthday with a return to our original race…during Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration!! It was certainly a week and a race to remember!
Now that I’ve filled you in on my BIG news for the month, let’s take a look at the News & Updates for the properties of the Disney Travel Company-there’s some exciting news floating around!
Walt Disney World
- Disney World is still requiring Park Pass Reservations as well as valid park admission to enter the parks. Guests can now select the specific ticket they would like to use for each Park Pass (if multiple tickets are linked), modify existing reservations without canceling, and receive a confirmation number for the reservation once booked.
- Special offers were announced early in the month. Many are still available! Contact Patricia with All for Dreams Travel if interested in booking any of these discounted rooms or packages for your group.
- “Stay, Play, and Enjoy a Disney Dining Promo Card”-Guests that book a minimum 4-night, 5-day room and ticket package can receive a Disney Dining Promo Card of up to $750. The exact amount of the promo card can be discussed with Patricia with All for Dreams Travel when quoting your package.
- “Save up to 25% Spring and Early Summer” room discounts are available for guests booked most nights from April 10-July 10, 2023 (lower rates are available for guests booked March 1-31, 2023)
- Late Spring and Early Summer Room Discounts for Florida Residents were also announced. Eligible guests can save up to 30% on rooms booked from May 1-July10. 2023.
- 2-Day or 3-Day or 4-Day Disney Weekday Magic Tickets for Florida Residents are now available for purchase. Tickets start at $175 plus tax.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Voyagers can enjoy up to $700 off on a pre or post-voyage stay at an Official Disney World Resort. The offer is valid on select cruises between February 5 and October 2, 2023.
- Resort Parking Fees have been removed!! Guests staying at a Disney World Resort are no longer being charged parking fees. Parking for resort guests is also complimentary at the parks.
- TRON Lightycle is set to open at Magic Kingdom Park on April 4, 2023!! Get ready to enter the GRID-Go Team Blue!
- No Stand By Line. Guests must utilize the Virtual Queue or purchase Individual Lightning Lane access to enjoy this new attraction.
- Valid tickets and Park Pass Reservations for Magic Kingdom on that day are required to book a Virtual Queue.
- Lockers will be available for storing guests’ personal items while riding. No loose items will be allowed on the ride (there is a small pouch on the ride to hold glasses, wallets, and phone-sized items)
- A special preview will be available for Cast Members, Disney Vacation Club members, and Annual Passholders!
- Updates to Park Pass Reservations
- Annual Passholders will soon have the ability to enter the Disney World Parks after 2 pm without having Park Pass Reservations! This new adjustment does not apply to pre-set block-out dates or on Saturdays/Sundays in Magic Kingdom.
- EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival is set to run from March 1-July 5, 2023
- New Topiaries have been added to the mix. Make sure to keep an eye out for “Encanto” characters and Princess Tiana as they make their debut at this year’s festival!
- Garden Rocks Concert Series is scheduled to return, details surrounding dates and entertainment will be announced soon!
- Over 15 kitchens are already set to open with the festival-make sure you’re ready to eat and experiment if you attend!
- Dining Updates
- Mobile Ordering has become more convenient at Disney Springs– B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Company and Amoette’s Patisserie now join Disney’s Candy Cauldron, Goofy’s Candy Co, and D-Luxe burger in offering this convenient food order option. Guests can view menus, place food orders online, and schedule their requested pick-up window.
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is scheduled to open on March 23, 2023. Woody’s guests are invited to enjoy this family-style western barbecue beginning on March 23, 2023. The exciting menu has been announced and reservations are highly recommended -they should be available to book soon!
- Experience Updates, Changes, and Refurbishments
- “Disney Enchantment” the current nighttime fireworks spectacular in Magic Kingdom Park will end on April 2, 2023.
- “Happily Ever After”, Magic Kingdom Park’s previous nighttime spectacular, will return on April 3, 2023, with Main St USA projections included.
- EPCOT’s “Harmonious” will also be ending on April 2, 2023. “EPCOT Forever” will return for a short time, until the new nighttime show debuts later in the year.
- Ariel has returned to her Grotto in the Magic Kingdom Park! Guests can visit with their favorite underwater character after her long absence!
- Enchanted Tales with Belle, the beautiful audience-involved walkthrough of the story, returns to Magic Kingdom Park on February 19. Who’s ready to dance with Belle?
- Disney Springs Kids Club is a brand new experience that takes place at 10:30 on Saturday mornings. Families can take a break from the parks, get involved, and be entertained while visiting Disney Springs Waterview Park. Expect to see various entertainers whose goal is to make you smile and get moving!! Dance, jump rope, enjoy acrobatic feats, join the singalong, or just sit back and watch your kids spend their energy (instead of your $). We’re still waiting on updates on today’s first offering, but the experience is reminding me of the old Camp Minnie Mouse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park. You don’t want to miss one of the few “complimentary” services offered by Walt Disney World!!
- Attraction photo downloads will now be included when guests purchase Genie+.
- Park Pass Reservations as well as valid tickets are still required for Disneyland theme park entry. Be sure to check the availability calendar prior to purchasing your tickets or packages. and remember, guests with Park Hopper or Magic Key Passes can begin hopping at 1:00 pm. beginning on February 4, hopping will begin at 11 am!!
- Disney 100 Celebration at Disneyland Resort is now underway!
- “World of Color-ONE”, Disney California Adventure’s new nighttime spectacular honors the legacy of Walt Disney and his belief that one action or one person can create significant change. Guests wishing to view the show can book their spot in the Virtual Queue, beginning at noon on the day of the show, via the Disneyland app. Guests must have a Park Pass and have entered Disney California Adventure Park or have a Hopper Pass and already entered Disneyland Park to book a Virtual Queue. Walk-up spots may be available just before the start of the show.
- “Wondrous Journeys” at Disneyland Park celebrates the history of the Walt Disney Company nightly with new music, fireworks, projections, and more!
- New Celebration themed food items can be found throughout the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs commemorating the occasion! Check out the guide from Disney Parks Blog for more details.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opened on January 27, 2023
- The “Magic Happens” parade returns to Disneyland Park on February 24, 2023.
- Mickey’s Toontown will reopen on March 8, 2023!
- Platinum merchandise is available throughout the property!
- Dining Updates
- Earl of Sandwich is returning to Downtown Disney next month! This location is a great place to stop for quick, hearty soups and sandwiches while enjoying the day!
- Tiana’s Place is currently taking shape at Disneyland Parks’ French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square. As work continues in preparation for this new dining experience, guests can expect French Market Restaurant (and Mint Julep Bar) to close in mid-February.
- New Magic Pass Sales began in mid-January with the following price points…
- Imagine-$449/guest, Southern California Residents only
- runDisney updates-The Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend is returning in 2024!! Registration will begin in February 2023. (yes, next month!!)
- The event will take place January 11-14, 2024
- General registration is scheduled to begin on February 14, 2023; Club Disney registration will begin a week earlier on February 7, 2023.
As we move towards the close of Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary and Sail into the Walt Disney Company 100th Anniversary, guests are remembering the creativity that represents this company. Guests have been longing for the return of “Happily Ever After” and Mickey’s Toon Town. With the opening of TRON just around the corner, there’s a lot to keep us excited for our next trip. Keep following along for next month’s updates and remember to contact Patricia with All for Dreams Travel if you would like assistance booking your next trip!
Patricia is an independent agent with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. Click HERE to request a no-obligation quote!