by Military Diva
When Disney World ended their complimentary Magical Express Airport Service on December 31, 2021, guests had to find a new way to get from the Orlando International Airport to their Walt Disney World Resort (and back). Many guests began using Mears Connect (a paid version of the old bus service) or Mears Connect Express (a paid bus service that takes you directly to your resort without stopping at other locations). Other guests opted for private transfers, Uber, or Lyft services.
Today the Disney Travel Company announced Private Transfers as a new paid option! They can be bundled with your Disney World Vacation Package! The new service has several options, features, and exciting new pick-up locations. The variety of options combined with the ease of bundling makes the option very appealing.
Advantages of adding Private Transfers to your Disney World Package
- Adding the service to your package allows you to secure your transfers without paying up front for the service or worrying about an additional bill while you travel.
- Transfers can be added to your package and secured with the standard $200 Disney World Package deposit. Final payment for the package, including the Private Transfer, will be due 30 days prior to check-in.
- Standard Disney World cancellation and change policies apply, minimizing financial risk!
In the past, guests using the Disney Magical Express were limited to flights in and out of the Orlando International Airport. Under the new Private Transfer option, guests arriving at Orlando International Airport, Sanford International Airport, Orlando Amtrak Station, Tampa International Airport, Kissimmee Amtrak Station, Cape Canaveral, Vero Beach, and Daytona can all book private transfers through the Disney Travel Company.
Private, Direct Round Trip or One-Way Service Available
- Book roundtrip service between Orlando International Airport and your Disney World Resort directly on the Disney Travel website.
- Book roundtrip service between Sanford International Airport, Orlando Amtrak Station, Tampa International Airport, Kissimmee Amtrak Station, Cape Canaveral, Vero Beach, Daytona, and your Disney World Resort by phoning the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-1936.
- Book one-way travel to/from all locations (including Orlando International Airport) by phoning the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-1936.
Types of Vehicles
There are several types of vehicles available to accommodate various family sizes, groups, and needs. Each vehicle type has maximum passenger and luggage limits (see below)
- Sedans-3 passengers and 3 pieces of medium luggage
- SUVs-5 passengers and 5 pieces of medium luggage
- Stretch Limousines-6 passengers and 5 pieces of medium luggage
- Exclusive Vans-10 passengers and 10 pieces of medium luggage
- Executive Limousines-11 passengers and 11 pieces of medium luggage
Are Car Seats Available?
Yes! Vehicles will offer one complimentary car seat for a child 5 years or younger. Additional car seats are subject to current availability. Consider bringing your own seats if you have any safety or availability concerns.
When can Private Transfers be added?
Guests can begin adding this service today! Transfers must be added 5-days prior to arrival.
Current Covid Safety Policies
At this time, all guests and drivers will be required to wear masks while inside the vehicles.
The cost for this service varies based on the type of vehicle and airport/train station selected. We have quoted a few options online, which limits us to roundtrip transfers between Orlando International Airport and a Walt Disney World Resort. Pickup/drop-off to other locations and one-way transfers must be phoned in.
The prices below are for the entire travel party; they are not a per-person charge.
- Stretch Limousine-$394.36
- Exclusive Van-$354.94
- Executive Limousine-$318.38
*Again, these prices are for roundtrip transfers between Orlando International Airport and a Walt Disney World Resort. We will include pricing for other locations when it becomes available.
- Private Transfers are being handled through Mears Transportation Company. They have provided Magical Express Service for Disney since the beginning of that service. They also operate Mears Connect, Mears Connect Express, and Mears Global/Luxury Transfers. They offer safe, reliable service in the Orlando Area.
- It looks as if Private Transfers can only be added to Room and Ticket packages online. We aren’t sure if the transfers can be added to Room only or Basic Packages. Once we have clarification we will update this post.
One thing I have heard over and over from Disney Guests is how much they love the feel of an “all-inclusive” vacation. They love being able to bundle all components together and have most items paid in advance. Disney World has been a great destination that allows you to do the bulk of the planning in advance so that you can arrive and flow through your Magical Trip. Allowing guests to bundle private transfers with their vacation packages is definitely a step in the right direction. Now, can we get the Dining Plans back too!?!
Planning a vacation for your family? Consider contacting our Official Travel Agent…Patricia Payne with All for Dreams Travel. Patricia is an independent agent with Gateway to Magic Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She specialized in concierge-style service focused on families, groups, and military travelers. Send her a message today if you would like help planning and navigating the options for your next vacation.